After buying a standing desk it is necessary to adjust the height of the desk to use it properly and prevent back pain or joint pain issues. You can use the standing desk height chart given below, to adjust the height of your desk with your height.
How To Use The Chart?
The chart provides a concept of the correct height the user should follow while changing the positions between sitting and standing. When you measure the height, do not forget to include the shoe, as it will determine the exact height and help you the right way. Getting the right height will make it comfortable to work and it is important for the health.
The following ways can help you get a proper height for the standing desk.
1. Select The Appropriate Height
While you start to measure the height for the desk make sure to include it till the shoe height. Getting the exact measurements can be helpful and will make your work more leisurely. Note the suggested height after checking the chart: Once you complete the measurement, check the given number in the chart and note it down.
2. Adjust The Desk To A Given Height
After mentioning it down, adjust the desk according to the mentioned numbers. It will help you gain comfort and you can focus on your work without facing any issues. Users can face a few difficulties like neck and back pain if they do not sit at the right height because it can change the posture which will be harmful to the body.
3. Print The Details
Do not forget to print the details as alternating between positions can be confusing for the first few days. If the user takes a printout of the height he/she can save time by not doing it daily as printing the numbers will help you to remember the heights.
Height Adjustment For Seat
Users can go through a few problems when they use it for the first time like What can be the correct height to make sure it gets comfortable? Or At what height the desktop should they keep? Not to worry, Here is the chart to check the appropriate measurement also, it will help you ensure that you are using the desk at the correct height and will not cost any danger.
Standing Desk Height Chart
|Height||Standing Desk Height|
What Is The Correct Height?
According to our research, the best height of a standing desk is at elbow level. For example, if a person is on the average of 5’11 they should have their desk at a height of 44 inches high.
It will help the person to get a decent posture and will reduce the chances of back pain. Hold your arms straight while you stand and the forearms should be parallel.
Try to adjust the standing height in such a way that while you place your hand on a keyboard then your elbow must be at a 90-degree angle but if it is not the correct angle it means that the elbow is below the level of the desk can that posture can be harmful.
And this one mistake can also change the desktop height if the screen gets too close it can cause a problem to the neck area To calculate the accurate height check the chart given and make the changes according to that. It will help you create a comfortable setup to sit and stand on.
- It lowers the chances of gaining weight
- Helps in the risk of getting a heart attack
- Maintains a suitable energy level
- It helps in burning more calories and reduces the chance of obesity
- Helps in maintaining the sugar level
- Reduces back pain
- Helps in improving the body posture
- These tables can also help in reducing the chances of cancer
While using a desk table users can reduce the chances to face these health-related problems. Using the height chart, you can alternate the positions and change your device positions easily after measuring your height if you do not look at the chart for setting up the table it can cause you back pain, and eye strain, because of the wrong height, and incorrect posture.
Make sure you go through the chart before/after you change the positions and set the height and the devices accordingly.
- Wear comfortable shoes, it will help you while you stand, and will be more comfortable.
- Adjust your desk and screen while you alternate between sitting and standing.
- Adjust the monitor to reduce the chances of eye strain.
- Move the mouse and keyboards position while you switch.
- Put something smooth mat under your feet.
- Keep the arms in a convenient way.
- Keep the chair at a proper height to reduce the chances of back pain
- If you are someone who keeps changing the footwear, please remember to wear the right one.
- Keep changing the positions between sitting and standing. This will make sure of the body’s movement.
- Last but not the least, go for a break.
Using a standing desk can help you gain a healthy lifestyle and can cure a lot of health issues. The offices that are providing standing desk workstations to their employees are already solving the issues that are beneficial to solve. As we all know sitting for an expanded time can cost you tonnes of health issues like cancer, obesity, heart diseases, back pain, etc.