A Smart Thermostat is a temperature controlling device. With the help of smart thermostats, you can modify the temperature of our home remotely with the help of an internet connection. You can easily connect the smart thermostat to your smartphone and turn them on anytime you want by just pressing a button.
There are some smart thermostats that can adjust the temperature of your home on their own. So if you want your home to be warm before you reach home, it is possible now with the help of these smart thermostats. Further, they also tell you about the amount of energy you are consuming. You can make it work on an energy-saving mode that will save your electricity bills.
The United States is much ahead in installing this device in their homes, but a lot of people still need to be made aware of this device and the benefits of it.
How Does a Smart Thermostat Work?
Here is the process of how a Smart Thermostat works and how safe it is.
- Smart Thermostats usually consist of 3 basic systems. The whole working of the Smart Thermostat is based on these systems.
- The first system connects directly to the HVAC system. This part is directly connected to the second system and it communicates with the thermostat control to work.
- The second system is the Thermostat Control. It is the part that regulates the changes and controls the temperature in the house.
- The third system is the part which makes the thermostat a ‘Smart Thermostat’. It is the feature that makes the system wireless. It consists of an app which you need to download in your smartphones, tablets, laptops or computer and then connect it to your thermostat system. Through this system, you can control the functioning of your thermostat from anywhere in the world.
- There are more technologically advanced Smart Thermostats. These devices can detect the temperature outside and control the temperature according to that. These thermostats save your time and energy.
Benefits Of A Smart Thermostat
1. It can help you save energy:
The advanced technology thermostats can save your electricity bills.
2. It can make your life easier and more comfortable:
There are Smart Thermostats that do not require your intervention after every few hours and can work on their own. Such thermostats can make your life very easy. You can relax and stay in peace anywhere without worrying about your house. It can also adjust the room temperature before you arrive from the office or switch on and off on its own.
3. It’s easily accessible anywhere:
It can be connected to your smartphones and tablets and you can easily use it anywhere you want. Even if you are in your office and you want your home to be warm before you arrive you can switch it on while you are on your way.
4. It can save you time:
You do not need to keep updating your room temperature and also think about your energy consumption if you have a smart thermostat at your home. It can control your room temperature automatically and also update you about the amount of energy you are consuming.
5. It has got dirt alarms:
These thermostats also alarm you when their filter gets dirty and needs to be cleaned so you do not need to worry about checking the dirt filters after every few days.
6. Installing it is easy:
It is also easy to install. You can watch online tutorials on YouTube to install it and do it on your own.
A Few Smart Thermostat Brands That Are Available In The Market
Here are a few brands of smart thermostats-
1. Nest Learning Thermostat
- Nest AUTHORIZED DEALER - Includes Full Nest USA WARRANTY
- Nest Learning Thermostat (3rd Generation, White)
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Display - Base - Nest Screwdriver - Welcome Guide - Installation Guide - Trim Kit - Mounting Screws...
It is one of the most popular smart thermostat models. It has got the ability to learn by itself from your living habits. It programs itself according to your living and has a lot of advanced features like Wi-Fi connectivity, voice control, smart-phone control and it also updates you about energy consumption.
2. Ecobee Smart Thermostat
- SAVE MONEY: Homeowners save up to 23% annually on heating or cooling costs, plus ecobee pays for itself in under 2 years...
- ROOM SENSORS: Place them in the rooms that matter the most and have the temperature balanced throughout your whole home....
- EASILY INSTALL YOURSELF: It only takes about 30 minutes, thanks to an easy to follow installation guide and an in-app...
It is a very famous smart thermostat in the market. It has got all the features similar to Nest Learning Thermostat. In fact, a lot of people prefer to buy it in the place of Nest Thermostats because it is slightly cheaper than Nest. There are 2 Ecobee Smart Thermostats available in the market- Ecobee 4(full feature version) and Ecobee 3 Lite (budget version). You can choose anyone you like.
3. Honeywell Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Product requires C-Wire, unit will not work without it.
- Control your Smart Home with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately) and Apple HomeKit with voice...
It is another very popular smart thermostat. It has got all the features like Nest and Ecobee slightly cheaper than the two. Plus, it comes in multiple colors so you can choose your favorite color.
4. Emerson Mechanical Thermostat
- Named the ‘Best Value’ smart thermostat of 2017, 2018 and 2019 by USA Today’s Reviewed.com
- EXTENSIVE COMPATIBILITY***: Works with the HVAC equipment found in most homes - a c-wire is required for heat-only,...
- SAVE ABOUT 23% ON HVAC ENERGY *: The ENERGY STAR certified Sensi thermostat helps you save on your HVAC energy costs,...
These are the non-programmable thermostats. It controls both the heating and cooling of your home. It also comes with a bi-metallic strip.
5. Focuspro Non-Programmable Thermostat
It is also non-programmable like Emerson but offers really good features and is known for its satisfactory performance. It has a large screen that displays the amount of energy-consumed and it can be used for both cooling and heating purpose.
People think a lot before buying any such product for their home as they worry about their family’s safety before installing any smart device. You should research about smart thermostats properly before buying. Know the functions of this product and then make your decision. But as we have mentioned above, it is a safe smart device that you can get for your home and it makes your life easy and convenient.
Installing a Smart Thermostat can be expensive for you because it is new in the market plus it is technologically very advanced. It gives you a quality life where you can live peacefully. It also has energy-conserving features that can save your electricity bills.
Smart Home is what makes your home a safe and peaceful place to live in. It can save you time and energy by doing a lot of things on its own. It also makes your home more safe and secure. Adding a Smart Thermostat to your home would be very convenient for you. It can make your living very easy by saving a lot of your time and energy. It can also protect your home by avoiding the use of an extra amount of energy on heaters, water heaters, and ACs.