In the Home Kit, the Nest Thermostat is the latest addition. The use of the Nest Thermostat is checking the room temperature of your place. Nest Thermostat works along with the Home Bridge Hub of the Home Kit. But It doesn’t have direct integration with a Home Kit.
Here in this guide, let us see how easily one can connect the Nest Thermostat with the help of a Home Kit. Also, you can see the connecting process, which is given in a step-by-step process to integrate the Nest Thermostat.
How to integrate Nest Thermostat with the Home Kit?
Set up the Home Bridge to take control of your thermostat. It might be challenging. The big thing here is the system needs to be on all the time.
That seems a little difficult. And the process to set up Home Bridge is technical. We have made it easy for you. Just follow the steps below:
Connecting Nest Thermostat with the Home Kit using the Home Bridge Hub
There are four different options available in the Home Kit Hub, as the options are easy and versatile. It all works with the router, which looks small like the hub, and integrates the Apple devices with the Home app.
The only process is the thermostat that can be connected with the Home Bridge. You should keep running the Home Kit hub 24/7. The hub lifts the heavy things.
It has many technical steps. Also, allow them to access the home data and tap on the edit option to add the address on the room which has been created.
Why use Starling Home Hub for the Nest Thermostat?
There are many reasons for choosing the Starling Home Hub for the Nest Thermostat. Integration is available to all Nest products. It refers it to no longer having restrictions on the certified products of the smart home.
The Google Nest products are:
- Nest Secure Alarm.
- Nest Camera.
- Nest Protect.
Nest Hello can be expanded and controlled.
- The Starling Hub has an easy process.
- It doesn’t help you to install the plug and complicates instructions.
- It is simple and effective. The firmware updates are just like integrating the devices. The non-intrusive policy, which is full of privacy, gets aligned with Apple.
- It doesn’t collect any information like credentials and monitor the network. But not using the cloud-based system becomes paranoid positively.
- It gets support from two-factor authentication, which gets compacted with Google and Nest accounts.
- It works with any router, and it also includes advanced routers.
- It supported with all Apple devices where the version should be at least 5 years version. So there will be no compatibility issues.
How to set up Starling Home Hub for Nest Thermostat
Setting the Home Bridge device in the Nest Thermostat is difficult and needs to be completed within a few minutes. Unbox the Starling Hub, which connects the network router to the ethernet cable along with the hub.
- It uses WiFi to network, and the products are Home Kits and Nest products. The main thing is that you need to plug the hub into the power. When the ethernet cable gets connected, you need to open the website. The website is setup.starlinghome.io. it can be viewed in your system through WiFi.
- Now it shows the instructions on the screen that pairs with the Apple Home Kit in your Nest account. It takes only few minutes of your time.
- To log in, you can also use two-factor authentication. The Nest Learning Thermostat will appear on the home app. It can be easily paired by following the given instruction.
What You Need To Do With Home Kit integration for the Nest Thermostat?
The Starling Home Hub controls your home, including an air conditioner, heating, and humiliation of the thermostat. It is pertinent as it works with both Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E.
The steps to be followed are:
- The temperature needs to be set at home by using your voice to Siri, or Alexa. Hey, Alexa, set the temperature to 45 degrees.
- Next, you need to switch the on and auto modes in the HVAC system as it blows out.
- You can control the temperature by requesting Alexa to change it. Also, ask about the condition of the room.
- The echo mode needs to be turned on.
- Cool automation can be set up.
Best Home Kit Thermostat
The Home Bridge is considered the best solution. Here you go to the smart thermostat, which acts and works perfectly. As the ecobee4 smart thermostat is recommendable.
Nest Home Kit code
- It has an eight-digit pairing code with it. And it is a must to add the accessory to the Home Kit.
- As the codes are unique, they are difficult to solve, but when they are tried diligently, they can be solved.
- The accessory need to be added again in the Home app.
- But support from the Nest Thermostat is not possible. As it doesn’t have any code.
Is your Nest Thermostats privacy protected while using the Home Bridge Hub?
This will not transfer or share any data of yours as the network is connected with the Home Bridge Hub. The cloud server is not available in the Starling Home Hub.
It is secure comparatively as it requires a password that is private.
Troubleshooting Nest Thermostat Home Kit integration
During this process, there will be an error which is nothing but the device needs to be verified. This process can be easily completed by selecting the add anyway option.
You can install a Nest Thermostat without a C-wire by using a C-wire adapter, which simulates a traditional C-Wire without requiring wiring. If you are not a handyman, you will save a lot of money that you would have spent on a professional installer.
What color wires go on a Nest Thermostat?
A brown wire is most likely a heat pump wire and should be connected to the Nest thermostat’s O/B connector. If the B wire is blue, it should be attached to the C connector.
What color is the C-wire?
The C, or common wire, provides continuous power to smart thermostats. It is most commonly blue, but it can also be black, brown, or purple. The orange or O wire connects to your heat pump.
To sum up, so far what has been stated in this article is a good and knowledgeable manner. I hope this would help you in many ways. The fixing and replacing procedure steps can be seen clearly in this article.