Are Google Nest and HomeKit compatible? Nest is an excellent choice to select as an alarm system. Nest Secure does not integrate directly with the Apple Home Kit. However, it can be integrated with the help of Homebridge Hub.
Learn how Nest Secure works with the Apple Home kit and how we can connect it. Further, in the article, we will also see why we are using Starling Home Hub, the privacy terms of the Nest account, firmware updates, and troubleshooting with iOS version compatibility.
How To Integrate Nest Secure With The Home Kit?
When you are installing Homebridge on your computer, it integrates Nest secure with the Home Kit. By installation, it works seamlessly and also controls Nest security.
It is developed to make the Home Kit work with the devices manufactured by other Apple products. The steps are a little complex, but if you are tech-savvy, then it is not an issue.
There are alternatives to make this process easy. It is just by buying and installing the Homebridge Hub device, as the integration is done. You can use your iPhone to control it from anywhere.
1. Using A Home Bridge Hub For Integrating Nest Secure With The Home Kit
HomeBridge Hub is helpful for many purposes. Purchase the Starling Home Hub because it is made for Nest products. It is very prompt to support the firmware updates. The compatibility issues make the device more robust.
Starling Home Hub is a device that easily fits into everyone’s palm. It is connected with a router or network switch. once it gets connected, you can readily access the Nest secure from the Apple device.
The steps to be followed to connect the best secure apple kit are:
- Plug in your Google Nest guard and use the app to configure it.
- Configure your Google Nest Tags in the app and assign them to individuals. They can activate and disable the system.
- Use the app to install your Google Nest; it detects the doors, windows, or walls around your house. Install them only after you’ve configured them with the app.
Why Use Starling Home Hub For Nest Security?
You can effortlessly integrate Nest secure devices with Home Kit with an extra ethernet port.
It Usually Works With All Google Devices (Nest)
The device names are:
It adds Nest integration, and it might be interesting for automation. The username, passwords, and other network data are not shared or stolen by anyone. The Starling hub is secure. The main thing about this is that it eliminates when it gets a small breach from a cloud storage service.
As it is included with the mesh networks, the Starling Hub works among all the standard routers.
- The versions of the past 5 years of Apple devices have been working.
- The Starling Home Hub is available worldwide and also has shipping facilities.
- It has two-factor authentication available in Google and Nest accounts.
How To Set Up A Starling Home Hub For Nest Security?
The steps are given below:
- The first step is to connect the router’s Starling Hub using an ethernet cable.
- The second step is to get connected with the power using the power adaptor which has been given.
- The third step is to browse your system on the setup.starlinghome.io website.
- The fourth step is to log in to your Nest and Google account.
- The fifth step is to scan the QR code in the Apple phone using the Starling hub.
What Can You Do With Home Kit Integration For Nest Security?
It is easy to detect when you have a Nest secure on your Home Kit. Below you can see how it works (Google Nest) with Home Kit integration. You will be able to control the Nest devices that can access the MacBook’s home app.
The simple command that you use every day to Alexa or Siri. They use the Nest to detect whether the windows and doors are opened. Adding automatic functions as it helps to disarm the alarm.
- There is also an option to set reminders, which helps with notification.
- You can conveniently work anywhere using the Home Kit.
- To prompt the actions in your Nest device, add the iOS shortcut icon to it.
Is Your Nest Secure Privacy Protected While Using The Home Bridge Hub?
Apple devices are secure, which is known to everyone. Regarding normal devices like the Homebridge Hub, you might have doubts about whether it keeps our privacy safe or not. Starling Hub is an intermediate to Google Nest secure that doesn’t store data like passwords, usernames, or anything.
It is only for getting firmware updates. But it has no cloud service, which makes you feel safe. An open vulnerability assessment system scans it.
Firmware Updates For Starling Home Hub For Nest Secure
When there is any update in firmware for the Starling Home Hub, you will get notifications to update.
It is updating whenever it needs to improve the Starling Hub. If there is any new version, please go with it because it has many new features.
Troubleshooting Any Potential Issues While Integrating Nest Secure With The Home Kit
The only problem is when you install the Starling Hub; it shows you there is no certification for this accessory by the Home Kit. The Home Kit doesn’t have native integration with the nest products. But you should ignore that and click on add anyway option to make the complete process.
iOS Version Compatibility
Starling Home Hub works with all Apple devices like Apple phone, iPad, MacBooks, iPods, and Apple watch that has been launched in the last 5 years.
To summarize, what has been said in this article is easy to understand. I hope it might help you to integrate the Google Nest and Home Kit, whereas the Starling Home Hub is straightforward to control from the home app.