This is a showdown between sous vide machine. Both, Anova as well as Joule give precision while cooking food. And both the options are cheaper than any professional-grade instrument. Now the question is, which one is better? We have tested did a side by side comparison between Anova WiFi vs Joule.If you are confused between these two,this guide will help you finalize the one suiting your kitchen needs.
Comparison Chart Anova WiFi Vs. Joule
|Specifications||Anova Bluetooth+ WiFi||Chef Step Joule|
|Display||LCD Display, LED-backlit scroll wheel||No|
|Control Type||Anova app||Joule App|
|Size||14.75” x 2.75”||11.0” x 1.85”|
|Material||Stainless Steel and polycarbonate||Stainless steel and food-safe plastic|
|Maximum Temperature||210 degress||208 degress|
|Type of Clip||Adjustable ring clip||Magnetic Foor cling|
|Integration with Amazon Alexa, Googgle Home||Both||Amazon Alexa|
|Power Input Options||120v USA/CA 220v AU 220v EU/Korea 220v UK||120v USA/CA|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Differences Between Anova WiFi Vs. Joule
What sets a great cooker apart from the rest is what kind of storage capacity it provides. The device should not only provide sufficient cooking room but it should also be easy to store.
In this case, Joule is the winner. It comes with a better design. It is streamlined and smaller. Joule measures up to 11 inches in length and 1.3 pounds in weight.
Anova, on the other hand, measures up to 14.75 inches in length and weighs 2.5 pounds. We found it a little difficult to store in comparison to Joule.
However, we must say, that due to the Joule’s design, a few of the features were compromised which is not the case with Anova.
Anova is the winner when it comes to this aspect.Anova might be larger but it gives the device sufficient space to accommodate an LCD control screen as well as a scroll wheel. This is convenient for temperature control. Besides, it also offers such control through the app. So it permits manual operation as well as control through an app.
Joule, on the other hand, can only be controlled through the app. The temperature settings can be done through the phone. This model simply comes with an on and off button. Lack of manual operation is one of its drawbacks.
In this case, both the devices are well suited for large containers. However, we can say that Joule has an edge in this case.
Joule comes with a wire form clip that will fit almost any pot. Along with this, joule also comes with a method for attachment using a magnet. This allows it to stand straight in the pot. Thus, making it an excellent option for small containers.
Anova, on the other hand, uses a clunkier setup. We found this to be slower but effective. It acts as an advantage by acting as an excellent fit for wide or thin-lipped containers.
In the case of joule, you will need to buy a set of clamps separately if you wish to use it for wide-mouthed containers.
Joule is the winner in this aspect. It comes with pictures and videos for every step in the guide. Now Anova also includes pictures in its guides and recipes however the app designed by Joule is well structured. It is well featured in every way.In case you are new to the world of sous wide, Joule will serve you better.
Anova is the obvious winner here. It has a digital screen. The screen indicates the target temperature, current temperature as well as the remaining cooking time. Using the wheel present on the device, you can set the temperature and timer even without a smartphone.
The Joule can only be controlled through a smartphone. The visual indicator may not be necessary, however, it does bring out an aesthetic appeal.
6. Circulation/Heat Power-
The Joule is the winner in this case. This device can heat four litres of water to 132.8 F within 10 minutes. Anova takes 20 minutes to achieve similar conditions. So Joule gives a heating speed twice as much as Anova.
Anova can technically heat water 16 degrees hotter than Joule. However, this cannot make up for the slower heating speed.
7. Plug Configuration
Currently, Joule is restricted to the United States market only. Anova is well extended to USA, Australia, UK, Korea. ,Anova is more versatile than Joule.
Anova integrates well with both Amazon Alexa and Google Home. You can simply ask Alexa to set your cooker to the required temperature. This is convenient and makes the circulation easier.Joule works with Amazon Alexa only. Due to the lack of smart home functionality in Joule, Anova is the better choice.
9. Detachable Cord
Anova provides safer and easier cleaning as it comes with a detachable cord. Joule doesn’t.
10. Fill Capacity
Anova has a narrow range when it comes to filling capacity. It has a minimum fill of 2.75 inches and a maximum fill of 6.25 inches. Joule has a minimum fill of 1.5 inches and a maximum fill of 8 inches. Joule is better since it provides a wider range when it comes to filling capacity. Joule offers greater flexibility.
11. Ease Of Use
Joule is nearly flawless. You can set the desired temperature with great ease. Besides, the app also comes with a doneness scale for a range of ingredients. You can select how runny you want your egg yolks to be and select the right temperature. You can also select between fresh and frozen when it comes to your proteins. The ease with which you can cook while using joule makes it worth it.
Similarities Between Anova WiFi Vs. Joule
In terms of design, both devices offer a similar structure. They are long, cylindrical sticks that can achieve the desired temperature at a relatively fast rate. When it comes to integration with a smart home system, both work well. They can be well integrated with Alexa. Their app offers excellent guidance in every step of the process.
Features And Design Of Anova
- Enova precision cooker Wi-Fi - perfect to cook from anywhere with Wi-Fi. Serves up to 12. Fits on any pot. Adjustable...
- Cook like a Pro - the Enova precision cooker allows anyone to cook a restaurant-quality meal at home. Our sous vide...
- Perfect results, every time - Precision cooking enables you to produce results that are impossible to achieve through...
- Dimensions– Height is 14.75 inches and width is 2.75 inches.
- Weight – 2.5lbs
- Clip-The clip is adjustable and works well with any pot or container. It can be a bit tricky to attach it to coolers or irregularly shaped edges.
- Display-Anova has a digital display that indicates all the required parameters. The cooking time and temperature can also be adjusted through the app.
- Power- 800 W
- Maximum temperature– 210 F
- Maximum volume– Anova can heat up to 19 litres of water
- Immersion depth– 2.5 inches to 7.25 inches
- Wifi-It is Wifi enabled. It permits control from anywhere with the wireless network. We tested this by preheating the water.
Features And Design Of Joule
- Smallest, sleekest sous vide tool available at just 11 inches tall and 1.3 pounds, with streamlined white body and solid...
- SAVES SPACE: Half the size of other sous vide machines, it?s small enough to slip into a top drawer. IEEE 802.11 b/g/n...
- HEATS UP FAST: 1100 watts of power for hyper-fast water heating. System requirements: iOS 8.0 or later, Android 4.4 or...
- Weight- 1.3 lbs
- Clip– The Joule comes with a simple wire form Clip. It fits on most kitchen pots as well as containers. The powerful magnet can help you use the Joule in the absence of a clamp.
- Display– Joule lacks a display. There is a small light that indicates whether the water is heating, is ready to cook or there is a problem in the process. Now having to use the app every single time made the process slightly tedious for us.
- Power– 1100 Watts
- Maximum Temperature- 194 F
- Maximum volume– 20 Litres in an open pot and 40 litres in a closed insulated system
- Immersion Depth– 1.5 inches to 8 inches
- Wi-Fi enabled– Yes
Joule works only through a WiFi or Bluetooth connection. You can also cook without Wifi through Joule’s Bluetooth connection. However, the phone needs to be connected to the net while the pairing takes place.
Joule can be left unattended once the cooking process starts. You will need to use the app or voice control to begin cooking. After that, turning off the phone or closing the app doesn’t affect the cooking.
Yes. Anova is compatible with Anova WiFi. Alexa enabled smart speakers can control the device.
Both the devices will serve you well. Joule is compact, smaller and lighter. However, Anova is a great choice because of its display feature. Joule is flexible, easy to use and provides convenient storage. All these makeup for its need to use the app. Both devices have their pros and cons. Depending on your needs you can choose a device that will match your cooking style.