Vivint camera is a type of camera which is used for security purposes. These cameras help you keep an eye on the activity in your home.
But what if it stop working? what to do when Vivint camera not recording events? Don’t worry here is a complete guide on why your vivid camera not recording events.
How To Fix Vivint Camera Not Recording Event
If the Vivint camera is not recording correctly, there are several reasons behind it.
1) There should be a problem with the control settings of the camera:
This is due to some improper settings with the camera. Due to these improper settings, the camera cannot record the clips, and the motion is not also detected. The camera is not starting at the correct time to record the clip.
Steps to check the camera’s settings:
- Go to the control panel for the Vivint device.
- There you can see the icon, which looks like a camera icon. Select that icon.
- Now they will ask you to type the PIN and passcode. This is just for security verification.
- Now you should put the sensitivity at a proper value. It is advised to put it to a higher value so that object size and record of events will increase ultimately.
2) There should be a problem with the control panel of the Vivint device.
The Vivint camera needs rebooting. If there is a connectivity issue between the Vivint control panel and the camera, there is an issue with the camera’s recording.
Also, the motion detector is not working. We need to reconnect the control panel and camera to fix this issue. Even if it is not fixed, then just reboot the control panel.
The steps for rebooting are as follows:
- The first step is to go to the Vivint control panel. You can go to the menu on the control panel. You can find the menu button on the top right wise side.
- Next, choose the option devices in it. Now you have to enter the PIN and passcode.
- Now all of the devices are displayed. Select your device and just click on the reboot button in button.
- Click on the yes, and the device will be rebooted.
3) There can be a problem with the camera’s power.
There can be a loss of wired-in power, or there can be an issue that the battery is completely dead. Due to any of the issues, there can be an issue with capturing the event through the camera.
4) Another reason can be that the internet connection is lost.
The Wi-Fi system connected to the camera can be lost. Due to this reason also, the camera is not able to capture the recording. This can be reconnected with the resetting of the camera.
Resetting the internet connection can be done through the following steps:
- On the modem device, check for the reset button.
- Now you should wait for some time so that the internet connection can be reset.
- When the camera returns to online mode, you should connect it to the router.
- Now you are done. You can now check if it is capturing well.
Restarting the Vivint Camera can be done through the following steps:
Just click on the button on the top of the camera and press it till the camera’s light turns red. Put off the button when the light becomes green. Now it is a reboot. Reconnection is also done.
How Can I Get The Vivint Camera To Record?
If you are having issues with the Vivint camera recording, then follow the steps:
1) Rebooting the Vivint panel:
Restarting a Vivint sky control is done through the following steps:
- Open the menu option, and it is present on the downward right-most side
- Select the devices and enter the PIN passcode.
- Now select the display option. You will find it in the devices tab.
- Now you will find the reboot option; press it.
- Say yes and submit it.
- Your Vivint camera will be rebooted in some time.
2) Restart the Vivint camera:
If the issue is not getting solved, you can restart the Vivint camera:
- Check on the top of the camera. You will find a button. Hold the button till the camera’s indicator starts showing a red light.
- When the red light emits, release the button, and you will see the green light now.
- Thus it gets disconnected, rebooted, and reconnected again.
3) Check the power source of the camera:
Check with the camera if it is getting proper power or not.
4) Check the camera’s settings if anything doesn’t work well.
- Open the camera, and a selection of events is done for recording. Now add the PIN passcode.
- Increase the sensitivity and object size.
5) Restarting the internet connection:
Turn OFF and then turn ON the connection.
Do Vivint cameras always record?
Vivint camera can record and store the videos for a month.
What happens when I reboot my Vivint camera?
After your reboot, the issues related to the camera, power, and internet connection will be solved.
Why is my Vivint not working?
Vivint camera can have “n” number of issues related to camera, power issues, and internet connection issues if it is not working. You should read the article to get solutions to it.
How to recover deleted Vivint video clips?
Unfortunately, we have no way to capture the deleted videos.
The Vivint camera is discussed in this article. The problem discussed here, along with the various solutions, is not working video recording.
Leave a Reply