It is frustrating to find out that the sync module is too far away to connect with the Blink camera after doing all the hard work to install themThe idea of redoing the entire connection of the whole security system is a nightmare that everyone wants to avoid. So, it is advisable to check the range of the sync module with the camera before getting into the whole connection process.
The sync module is responsible for connecting the camera to your home network and enabling remote access. One question that many people have about the Blink system is how far away the camera can be from the sync module. In this article, we will explore this topic in greater detail and provide some helpful information about how to maximize the range between the camera and the sync module.
How Far Can The Blink Camera Be Away From The Sync Module?
You should know that the average distance that the sync should cover from the camera is 100 feet, however, before getting the whole system installed you should keep in mind that we are going to deal with in the further paragraphs
There can be Assumed standard construction techniques including single building, no unusually dense construction materials and the Sync Module should be able to communicate with Blink cameras up to and perhaps over 100′ away in any direction.
We also recommend keeping the Sync Module near your wireless router for the best signal strength.
The reason why is that there should be a proper distance between the device as it will lose the wifi strength.
STEPS TO KEEP IN MIND BEFORE INSTALLING THE SYSTEM
- To keep a safe distance and to present any issue in the future one should know that to connect the sync and camera, you require a connection to either it could be a wifi or Lf radio.
- The system needs the power of both the devices to operate, if you are seeing less than three or two bars then this is your sign to remove the distance and place the device not far from the sync.
- Do not put your device anywhere near the or behind any concrete formula which will block and affect the signal strength of your device.
- Do not put the wifi router behind any thick walls or any closed compartment.
- Your Blink camera should have a 2.4GHZ frequency and while you check your smartphones, it should show that it is on a 5.0GHZ frequency,
- If you couldn’t find that then change the router frequency accordingly.
- As mentioned above, The system needs the power of both the devices to operate, if you are seeing less than three or two bars then check the device’s wifi invariability frequently.
- To fix that, move to your camera app.
- Check the camera which is connected to your sync.
- Check the wifi setting.
- The identical setting occurs for the Mini Camera, but will only indicate the Wifi signal stability as the Mini Cameras do not expect the Sync Module to function.
What Happens if My Camera is Out Of Range?
If your facing this issue this may be due to various reasons.One of which would be that your camera not receiving enough power.
There might be no distance between your router and cameras, or other manual boundaries resulting in signal interference
How To Check Your Signal Strength
You can check your internet signal strength with the help of a few steps.
Android users can check the signal strength by having the setting update.
- Go to the Settings app on your android phone.
- Click on phone.
- Find the status.
- Click on Sim Status.
- You will know Signal Strength.
We are sure that with his article you have found out what would be the perfect range distance between your camera and sync module to save you from any trouble in the future, and now you are following every important technique.