If you are a person who tends to forget whether your door is locked or not then, the Schlage Sense wifi adapter is the best solution to use. The Schlage Sense wi-fi adapter is a smart security system. It lets you lock and unlock your smart deadbolt. However, you may have run into a problem where the adapter won’t connect to your home Wi-Fi network.
This can be frustrating, as the adapter is a key component in allowing you to control your lock remotely. This will compromise security so it is very risky. The problems can be fixed by using the troubleshooting steps to help you get your Schlage Sense Wi-Fi Adapter connected and working properly.
How to change the Schlage Sense Wifi Adapter that won’t connect?
Check whether the Schlage wifi adapter is properly connected to the wifi router. The most common reasons why this issue occurs are:
- The wifi network that you are using would be connected to a bandwidth of less than 2.4 GHz. So, the adapter will not connect.
- The mobile data on your mobile phone will be connected to a different network. Try restarting the mobile phone and checking the wifi network.
- Also, ensure that the signal strength is not weak. The wifi adapter can be shifted to the router.
- First, you need to connect your wifi adapter to the app.
1. Check if the adapter is connected correctly to your wifi network.
The first step is to check that your adapter is connected accurately or not to the wifi network. The wifi network you need to use must be of bandwidth of at least 2.4GHz.
The bandwidth does not have to be of 5GHz. If it is, then the adapter will not connect. So, ensure the bandwidth you are using for connecting to the wifi network.
2. Keep the router close.
The signal strength needs to be checked first. The adapter you are using may fail to connect to the lock because of poor signal strength.
So, you can place the router at a place where the connection of the router is strong. Another option is to keep the wifi router near the adapter. This will improve the signal strength and the issue will be resolved.
3. Reset the adapter.
The most common method while the issue arises but yet an effective one. The tech problems or any small bug issues can be fixed by resetting the wifi adapter.
Once the Schlage wifi adapter is completely reset then it will start working. Also, if your lock is not working then you can perform a factory reset and repair the lock.
To reset the Schlage lock you must follow the steps below:
- The battery connection from the lock must be disconnected.
- Then you can keep holding the button on the adapter for 10 seconds.
- When you are pressing the button reconnect the battery connection.
- Complete the reset process by clicking on the reset button.
- The last step is to enter the 4 digit code that you get while buying the lock.
How to connect your Schlage wifi adapter with your smartphone?
- The first step is to open the wifi adapter app and click on Menu.
- Click on the Wifi adapters.
- Then click on the + icon on the right corner.
- Search for the code on the backside of the adapter. Then you can type that same code and click on Continue.
- The last step is to plug in the wifi adapter.
- Just ensure that the adapter is placed less than 40 feet away from the Schlage sense smart lock.
One can refer to this article to fix any issue relating to the Schlage wifi adapter. This article will act as a guide and provide you with appropriate solutions.
Installing the Schlage wifi adapter is a smart choice. One needs to consider the safety and security of their home first. Nowadays safety is a major concern as crimes are increasing every day. So, you must think about home security. Schlage adapters will convert your home into a smart home.
Leave a Reply