Philips lamps have never disappointed their users. It has been in the race for a long time. The lamps provided by Philips are undeniably good products. Both of them are made from different materials, have totally different use-cases, and have different control features. In this article, we have compared, Philips Hue Go and Philips Bloom to help you understand the products better.
We have served before you the final verdict about the products, a comparison table, differences, similarities and the features of both the products. Read through it to know which one emerged on the top.
You may consider buying a table lamp for studies or decoration but ever thought of involving it in your daily life. Philips table lamps enhance your moments with special lights. The Philips Hue Go and Bloom are the top choices if you are considering purchasing a table lamp. In our thoughts, Philips Hue Go takes a clean sweep in the comparison.It has a lot of features superior to Philips Bloom. Also, its features are more advanced and better than the other one. Philips Hue Go is portable and wireless. It has an in-built battery which is rechargeable. The battery life is up to 3 hours when charged once. You are at the ease of taking it and using it anywhere because of its compact shape and size.
The lifetime of Philips Hue Go is 20000 Hour(s) which is also much more than Philips Hue Bloom. The lifetime of Philips Hue Bloom is 12000 Hour(s). This is also one of the most important consideration factors. Philips Hue Go has a built-in battery that is rechargeable. On the contrary, Philips Bloom required a plugged connection to work. It has to be plugged-in all the time during for use. It restricts the portability of Bloom to a plugged connection.
Talking of the positive side of bloom, it is less expensive as compared to Hue Go. Anyone with a less budget and wants a great table lamp can choose to purchase Bloom. It is also lightweight and compact. Concluding the talk, you can consider purchasing any one of the table lamps as per your need and requirements. In our recommendation, Philips Hue Go will prove to be a better fit for versatile needs.
Philips Hue Go Vs Bloom: Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Philips Hue||Philips Bloom|
|Type||Table Lamp||Table Lamp|
|Lifetime||20000 hour(s)||12000 hour(s)|
|Designe for||Living room, Bedroom, Home Office and Study||Living room, Bedroom and Kids Room|
|Color options||16 Millions||16 Millions|
|Protection class||III – Safe extra-low Voltage||II – Double insulated|
|Dimensions||7.9 × 15 ×15 centimetres||10.16 ×12.9 × 12.9 centimetres|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
You will have to look at the differences and ascertain which one best suits your needs. To select one among them, go through the differences.
1. Finishing Material
Both the lamps differ in their finishing materials. The Philips Hue Go’s finishing material is synthetics. On the other hand, the finishing material of Bloom is aluminum. The finishing material makes the look of the product different. The aluminum finishing in Bloom gives it a shining and glossy finish. On the contrary, the resin finishing of the Philips Hue Go provides it with a rustic finish.
2. Wired Connection And Portability
The table lamps are compact and can be easily carried anywhere. The Philips Hue Go is wireless and can be kept anywhere as per convenience. It comes with an in-built battery which is rechargeable and provides battery life for up to 3 hours. Bloom, on the other hand, requires a plugged-in connection to work. This reduces its portability limits and ease of using it anywhere.
3. Designed For
Both the products are designed keeping in mind the specific needs. Philips Go is made is specially designed for the living room, bedroom, home office, and study. It will help you to adjust the environment as per your need. Philips Bloom is specially designed for the living room, bedroom, and kids room. It has the features in it keeping in mind the specific needs of the location.
The brightness of the light emitted by the table lamps differ. The lumen output is different in both of them.Philips Hue Go has a lumen output of 300 while Bloom has a lumen output of 120.The 300-lumen output makes the brightness of the light of Philips Hue Go more than that of Philips Hue Bloom. This makes the ambience more bright and lively.
Though both the products have almost the same size, they differ in their weight. Although weight is not the major determining factor it stands as a point of difference. Philips Hue Go weighs 0.9 kilograms whereas Bloom weighs 0.42 kilograms.
The lifetime of a product also is an important determining factor which you should consider before purchasing. You would not want to keep anything which would not work for a sufficient time.The lifetime of Hue Go is 20000 Hour(s) while the lifetime of Philips Bloom is 12000 Hour(s).
Knowing the similarities is also as important as knowing the differences. After reading through this section, you’ll get to know how the two are similar.
1. Colour Options
The table lamps provide a wide variety of colour options to the users. Both the table lamps provide 16 million colour options. This is a non-ending variety offered to you as a user.You can set the colour of the light as per your mood or need or the location. It has various modes to set as well.
2. Philips Hue App
Both the table lamps require a third-party app to work. To operate the devices from anywhere and anytime, you will have to install the Phillips Hue app on your smartphones or tablets. This will enable you to unlock the endless features of the table lamps when connected with a bridge as well.
3. LED LightsPhilips Hue Go and Philips Bloom table lamps come with LED lights for a better experience with lightings. LED lights ensure that you get the best possible experience with the lamps provided by Philips. LED lights also help you get the best possible light emission from your device whenever you use them in your home, office, or party.
Features And Technical Specifications Of Philips Hue Go
- Voice Control: The Philips Hue Go White and Color Portable Smart Light Table Lamp works with Alexa Smart Home devices...
- Limitness Posibilities: The wireless, Portable and rechargeable Hue Go lasts up to 3 hours without needing a charge;...
- Easy & Convenient: Control Your Philips Hue Go even without Your Smart device at hand; Activate Smart light settings...
One of the most versatile lights in your home, Philips Hue Go enhances your life moments with living lights. It will help you adjust your ambience according to your mood and energize as per your requirement.
The main features of Philips Hue Go are:
- It is a wireless portable light device.
- The portable light is powered by a rechargeable internal battery.
- Philips Hue go is designed to withstand high humidity, though not waterproof.
- Settings can be activated by pressing the buttons on the products.
- It has seven different light effects – Functional warm white light, cool energizing daylight and 5 natural dynamic effects.
- It can be controlled via a connected smart device.
- The five natural dynamic effects are Cozy candle, Sunday coffee, Meditation, Enhanced Forest and Night adventure.
- To experience the endless features of the device it is to be connected to Bridge.
- It has 16 million different colour options to choose from.
- Lights can be synced with games, music and movies by downloading a third-party app.
- Phillips Hue Go can be connected to iOS and Android devices and can be controlled from anywhere.
- There is a schedule function available in the Philips Hue app through which you can set timers for the device.
- It has no installation process to be followed and had guaranteed smooth dimming.
- Philips Hue Go works with Amazon Alexa, Apple Homekit and Google Home.
Specifications of Philips Hue Go
- Product Height – 7.9 centimetres
- Product Length – 15 centimetres
- Product Width – 15 centimetres
- Lifetime – 20000 hour(s)
- Light Source – 28 W
- Bulb Technology – LED; 24 V
- Weight – 0.9 kilograms
Features And Technical Specifications Of Bloom
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately). For the full Hue experience and...
- Enjoy your own personal light show at home, capable of millions of colors and shades of white light, able to sync to...
- Designed to create indirect ambient lighting, this light is a perfect way to highlight specific furniture or...
Paint your wall or highlight a certain area in your room with the Bloom portable light.
The main features of Bloom are:
- . Bloom is a small plug-based smart lamp.
- It has 16 million different colour options for you to choose from.
- You have the option to change the décor with a touch of the button.
- You can control the light device using the app connected with your device.
- When connected with Hue Bridged, the lights can be paired with Alexa, Apple Homekit and the Google Assistant.
- It can be controlled with voice commands as well
- It requires a stable connection to Hue Bridge to unlock its complete features.
- With the help of Philips Hue app, you can set timers, change lights, routines, add or remove lights and more.
Specification of Bloom
- Product Height – 10.16 centimetres
- Product Length – 12.9 centimetres
- Product Width – 12.9 centimetres
- Lifetime – 12000 hour(s)
- Weight – 0.42 kilograms
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the frequently asked questions about Philips Hue Go and Bloom have been provided below so that you don’t have to rush through websites to find them.
Yes, you can operate Philips Hue lights from different devices. You only need to download the app on your device and you can get started. The Philips Hue lights can be connected to a maximum of 10 devices.
For unlocking and experiencing all the features of Philips Hue lights you will need a bridge. Hue bridged is available along with the lights as starter sets. You also have the option to purchase Hue Bridge separately.
In case you do not create an account on Philips Hue website, only the IP address of your bridge will be recorded. The IP address is recorded so that your app can find the device.If you create an online account, Philips keeps a track of the current status of your lamps.
It refers to the feature which enables you to let your lights switch on and off automatically. It happens when you are leaving or approaching your house.
No, the lamps cannot be operated individually. The wireless dimmer switch is only able to control one group of lamps simultaneously.
Philips has always been a renowned brand name in the market. The products offered by it are known for their quality and effectiveness. By now you already know what you are getting if you are thinking of purchasing a Philips Hue Go or Bloom. You have the complete details of both of them. After comparing the two lamps, we would recommend you to get a Philips Hue Go. It has a lot of things superior to Philips Bloom. It is portable, more lifetime, higher lumen output and wireless. This would suit all your needs in your desired way. But if you are on a tight budget or if you are looking for something compact Philips Go can do a good job for you.