Two of the Philips smart lighting bulbs that we will compare are Philips Hue Bloom and Iris. Both of these products have different designs and brightness levels. Philips Hue Bloom has a slim design which is good for an addition to any corner of your room to for more lighting which would set according to your mood while Philips Iris has a more bulky design that is a huge bulb that would fit in your wall to give you proper lighting that will brighten up all your room.
After testing both the products for a couple of weeks, we have listed their differences and similarities in detail. It would be more convenient for you to read them and then decide which between the two would be the best for your home and the type of bulb you are looking for when buying a smart lighting system for your home.
We have already mentioned that both smart lights’ design is different, and therefore, they solve two different purposes. We cannot really decide which one would be a better option for you because both have different uses. It is up to you whether you are looking for an additional décor bulb-like Philips Hue Bloom to add more luxury and brightness to your home décor or you want a big light bulb that would be sufficient lighting for your room like Philips Iris. Both smart bulbs are of excellent quality offering around 16 million colors and app control features, so you need to decide which type of bulb you are looking for.
Philips Hue Bloom Vs. Iris Comparison Chart
|Product||Philips Hue Bloom||Iris|
|Brightness||120 Lumens||210 Lumens|
|Concealable||More so||Less so|
|Remote control||Yes, via Hue mobile app||via the Iris app|
|Bulb type||8 watt LED||10 watt LED|
|Best place for accenting||Corner/item||Wall|
|Dimensions||5” * 4” * 5”||9” * 6” * 7”|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Both Philips Hue Bloom and Philips Iris are designed differently to solve different purposes. Bloom is more compact and sleek in design that consumes lesser power, and it is best to add some additional lighting to your room to make it more colorful. It can fit in any room of any size; however small it is, it is best to keep it in corners or any other place for décor purposes.
On the other hand, Iris is a bigger bulb that consumes more power. It is sufficient to make your whole room bright, and it adds color to the walls and not just a corner. The main purpose of Iris is not the only décor but to add lighting to the room.
Philips Hue Bloom is a small smart bulb that can fit in any corner of your room. Its dimensions are very different from Iris due to their different sizes. Philips Hue’s dimensions are- 5″ * 4″ * 5″ while Iris has larger set of dimensions that is- 9″ * 6″ * 7″
Both smart bulbs differ in their brightness. Due to its small size and design, Philips Hue Bloom only produces a brightness of 120 lumens, which is not very bright, and due to this, it consumes less power of 8 W. Iris is much brighter than Bloom because of its large design and bulb type. It produces a brightness of 210 lumens, and therefore, it consumes more power of 10W.
As we just talked about their design, Bloom is discreet and compact, while Iris is flashy. It is easier to conceal Philips Hue Bloom because its power cord is positioned towards the light/subject. On the other hand, Philips Iris has the power cord positioned opposite the light/subject; therefore, you cannot conceal it easily. If you want to go for concealed smart bulbs, Bloom would be a better option for you, and if you want a huge spot of color on your wall that would brighten up your room, you should go with Iris.
1. App Control
Both lighting systems have an app control facility through which you can switch on/off these light bulbs whenever you want from anywhere in the world. You can also change the settings and color options of these bulbs with their apps’ help via your smartphone.
2. Voice Assistants
Both types of smart bulbs are easily compatible with famous voice assistants like Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and Google Assistant. If you add any of these voice assistants to your smart bulbs, you can easily operate it through your voice.
3. Color RangePhilips Hue Bloom and Philips Iris both have around 16 million colors that offer various color combinations. You can set the color of your room as per your mood. You can change the settings of your color through the app.
4. Philips Hue Bridge
Both these light bulbs need Philips smart hub to work. Philips Hue Bridge is the hub of Philips products from which all the Philips products are attached to function.
Other Features And Technical Specifications Of Philips Hue Bloom
- Voice activated: With the Philips Hue Smart Hub, add up to 50 Philips Hue smart lights of your choice with this...
- Control your smart lights from anywhere: The heart of your Philips Hue system, this hue hub also enables you to control...
- Fully automate your smart home: Enhance your Philips Hue system by setting timers and alarms, connecting to a variety of...
- Provides remote control through the app and Philips Hue Hub
- Provides a total of 16 million colors
- Its style is Bloom white
- The material with which it is made up are- metal, plastic, glass, ceramic
- A single Hue Bridge can control up to 50 bulbs
- The dimensions of the product are- 5 * 5.1 * 4 inches
- The shape of the light is of the bulb
- The wattage of the product is 12 Watts
- The Voltage required is 100- 240V- 50/60 Hz, 180 DC in
- Its bulb’s life is for 12,000 hours
- The warranty period offered by the product is 2 years
- The power source would be both wired and wireless
- The hub with which it is compatible is Philips Hue Hub version 1 & 2.0
Other Features And Technical Specifications Of Iris
- Dimmable Plug-Based Iris Light
- Package Include the LED light and Bridge
- Dimmable, color-changing Iris light
- Provides remote control through the app and Philips Hue Hub
- Provides 16 million colors
- Can work on automatic color changing mode
- There are two buttons to store your favorite colors
- Material with which is made is synthetic
- The color of the model is black
- Its net weight is 0.874 kg
- Wattage Voltage consumed is 100V- 250V
- The voltage required is 100V-240V
- The ilife of the bulb is 20,000 hours
- The beam angle of the bulb is 120 degrees
- The warranty period offered by the product is of 2 years
- Its style is expressive and specially designed for the bedroom, kid’s room, and living room
It is not necessary to have an internet connection always to make it work. You just need the internet when you want to control your smart light away from your home via the app. Otherwise, you would need any other wireless connection and it would either require an iOS or Android device with the Hue app connected through a router to make this smart light work.
Unfortunately, you cannot use your Philips Hue Bloom bulb outdoors as it is designed for indoor use only. If you need a smart lighting system for outdoors, then you should look for other options that are available in the market.
Philips Hue Bloom does not have eye comfort feature but it has features with which you can dim the light of the room according to your needs and change the color of the bulb as per your convenience. So overall it does not cause a lot of strain on your eyes you can change its settings anytime you want.
The number of items that you get along with Philips Iris box is-
-3 AAA batteries
-Support on the top side
-A plug along with the cord
Philips Iris is a pretty big light bulb and does need professional help to get installed. It would require an expert installation due to its design and complexity.
We hope you found this post useful, and now you can decide what you need for your home between both the smart bulbs. Read the user manual carefully before using it and test the products at least twice after installing it to ensure it is working well. We hope that you enjoy all the benefits smart lighting system.