The A DirecTV satellite receiver is a great way to enjoy hundreds of digital television channels, but it also requires a remote control to operate. If you’re not sure how to program a DirecTV RC73 remote to control your receiver, as well as other equipment like your HDTV and sound system, you can use the following guide. It will make your easier and faster ahead.
Steps To Program Directv Remote Rc73
RC73 universal remote control from DirecTV can be programmed to control up to four devices, including your TV and audio equipment.
To make it work with another device, the remote must be programmed first. This can be done in just a few steps.
- To program, take your remote. Point it towards the DVR genie attached to your tv.
- Now, press and hold the mute button and enter or select the button. Keep holding them until the green light blinks twice. Now release the buttons
- When the light blinks, the TV will display, “Appling IR/RF Setup”. This means you’ve entered setup mode.
- Now, you’ve to turn your direct tv on and repeat the steps.
- Again, press and hold the mute button and enter or select the button. Continue holding it until the green light blinks twice.
- After that, a prompt will appear. It’ll ask for your Manufacturer’s code. Enter the code and you’re good to go
- Test all the buttons on the remote properly. Confirm that it’s properly paired!! And your Remote is programmed.
Steps To Program Rc73 To Element TV
There are a lot of people who have a Directv Remote Rc73 and are looking for an answer to the question “How do I program my Directv Remote Rc73 to my Element TV?”
There are some easy steps that can be taken to make sure your Directv Remote works with your Element TV.
- The first thing you want to do is go to your Directv Remote’s website and download their introductory video.
- This video will walk you through how to set up your Remote and what buttons you need to press in order to get it working with your new Element TV.
- After watching the introductory video, you will then want to download the latest firmware for the Remote, which is available on the Element website.
- Once you have downloaded the latest firmware for your Remote, then all you need to do is plug it into an outlet near your Element TV and turn it on.
- The last thing that you need to do is find out where the infrared receiver on your TV is located, which should be located beneath the power button on the remote, or behind a small panel on the back of your TV.
- When you find this location, use a screwdriver or other flat-head object to gently push in until it clicks!
Steps To Program Rc73 To Vizio TV
Follow these steps to program a Directv remote RC73 to a Vizio TV.
- Turn your TV on along with your Directv receiver.
- Press “MENU” on the remote.
- Select the option saying “Settings & Help” from the menu that appears.
- Select “Settings” from the menu options that appear.
- Select “Remote Control” from the menu options that appear.
- Select “Program Remote” from the menu options that appear.
- Choose whether you want to program the remote to either control your TV or with another device.
- Choose whether you have an HDTV by selecting either “Yes” or “No”. If you have an HDTV, skip to step 10.
- If you don’t have an HDTV, select either “Samsung”, “Sony”, or other brands and follow the on-screen instructions.
- The remote should automatically sync with your TV.
- If you do have an HDTV, press the pound (#) button on your remote.
- Use the up and down arrows to select your TV brand and then press ok.
- Follow on-screen instructions set tailored for your tv.
Steps To Program Rc73 Without Receiver
Directv is a satellite television that provides various channels to its subscribers. If you have Directv, it is important to know how to program your Directv remote RC73 without a receiver.
This doing this, you will get the most out of your satellite TV experience.
- The first step in programming your Directv remote RC73 without a receiver is to make sure that your television set has been turned off.
- You will then need to go into the settings section on your television and select the video input option.
- In this option, you will see a number that corresponds with the actual channel number of the channel you wish to watch.
- You will also see a red light indicator on the screen that indicates that you are now watching television through this channel.
- Once you have located this setting, you will need to press and hold down the power button on your remote control until it starts blinking.
- You should then release the button and wait for about two seconds before pressing it again.
- After doing so, if everything went as planned, you will see a green light (like an indicator) on the screen.
- This means that your Directv remote RC73 is now programmed and ready for use!
You can now use your remote control to perform all of its functions as usual, including changing channels and volume levels.
Steps To Program Rc73 To Samsung TV
Programming your remote to work with your Samsung TV is a simple process. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Check the batteries in your remote.
- Power on your television and press the Menu button on your remote.
- Scroll down to System, then select Remote Control from the submenu.
- Select Remote Control again and then the Program Remote option.
- You will see an image of a remote appearing on the screen.
- Press and hold the Mute and Enter keys at the same time for three seconds, until you see two blinks of light from the remote’s LED window.
- Select “Samsung” as the brand of your TV from the given options, then enter its model number when prompted by the system.
The exact method for entering this information will vary depending on your specific model number, but it is usually entered using a 4-digit code or a specific combination of buttons. If you are unsure how to program this information into your system, consult the manual that came with the product or contact its manufacturer for assistance.
Steps To Program Rc73 To Insignia TV
Follow these steps to successfully program a Directv remote RC73 and an Insignia TV:
- Firstly, Press the “Menu” button on your remote control to open the Main menu.
- Select “Settings & Help” and then “Settings.”
- Select “Remote Control” and then “Program Remote.”
- Select the device you want to program from the provided list of devices, or manually select your device by clicking “TV,” “DVD,” “Stereo,” etc.
Enter the manufacturer code for your device in the provided field, or scroll through the code list and click on your device manufacturer when it appears on-screen. The codes for Insignia TVs are 10463, 10812, 11758, and 11903; these codes are only compatible with DirecTV RC73 remotes and will not work with other remotes or DirecTV models such as RC71 or RC72.
This is it! Your last step on the journey to learning how to program DirecTV remote rc73!Just as a reminder, go to the manufacturer’s website and download their app. Then follow the instructions on the app.