If you’re using Frontier Internet, you may get lesser opportunities to complain when it comes to speed and network connectivity. Even then you may face technical problems leading to the loss of connectivity and your Internet getting disconnected when you are enjoying the happy hours of your weekend. Now when you don’t how to fix it and you are about to call your techno-friendly neighbor to get you some help, you need to take a deep breath and go through this article for once.
Troubleshooting Frontier internet keeps disconnecting.
The basic outline of the program that can help prevent the issue is given below.
- You can change the location of your Wi-Fi setup.
- You can also try to reboot the router for once.
- Get some deduction in the number of associated devices.
- If you still fail in getting sorted, seek help from the Frontier technical team.
1. Restart the Route
- It is a simple method that involves the discontinuation of the power supply to the router which turns it off and then turns it on the back again after a short interval.
- It is so because the prolonged activity of the router does not let it carry out its primary job smoothly which is the transportation of the data chunks to the target site by managing the network congestion.
2. Relocate the Router for Better Signal
- It is quite logical on its part that working somewhere which is more distant from the location of the router leads to a poor signal and connectivity issue is more likely to occur.
- Routers spread out their signal equally in all of their radii.
- For this reason, it is important to get the router placed somewhere in the centre of your office or apartment.
- This not only helps in the transmission of uniform signal throughout but also reduces the transmissions uselessly going out of the work premises when the source is placed somewhere in the corner or at the edges.
3. Check for Electromagnetic Interference
- When one gets busy shouting and blaming the Internet Service Provider for the poor connectivity they receive, the fact that remains unnoticed by them is that their Wi-Fi signal can be affected by some other signalling source present near them.
- Radiowaves or microwaves transmitted by the other appliances of your house may noticeably hinder the speed and connectivity as a result of the interference caused by these waves to the Wi-Fi signals.
4. Check All Cables and Connections
- What most people don’t consider a possible cause is the age and damage of your Ethernet cable followed by poor connectivity.
- Often the cables get worn out and even get broken resulting in poor signalling.
- Also, it’s not always necessary that the cable is damaged or broken.
- Sometimes the cable becomes loose or gets dislocated from its port which can be fixed within seconds and you unnecessarily ended up wasting your time and energy.
5. Run the Frontier Support Wizard
- Frontier Support Wizard is a program developed by Frontier itself which helps you detect the cause of the connectivity issue and provides you with a series of steps to assist you in getting your problem solved.
6. Update Router Firmware
- A Router Firmware is a kind of firmware software that synchronizes the functioning of the Router.
- It should be kept updated because connectivity is often affected or sometimes even denied in case you are using outdated Firmware.
- New versions are regularly launched in the market and all you have to do is to keep an eye on the coming versions and get your router updated to that for smooth functioning.
7. Get a Wi-Fi Extender
- The primary function of a Wi-Fi Extender is the amplification of the signal which ultimately leads to the strengthening of the connectivity. It not only improves the signal strength but also increases the zone of transmission of the signal.
8. Reduce the Number of Devices Connected to the Network
- Sometimes, increasing the number of devices connected to the network might lead to a load that becomes more than what could be handled.
- For instance, there is a high chance of multiple mobile phones, PC, laptops and other smart devices remaining connected to a single network and each having enough workload in a joint family.
- In this case, the overload posed over the network is quite obvious.
9. Scan Your System for Malware
- Malware is the abbreviated form of malicious software intended for stealing the data from your device posing other potential damages to your system.
- A network getting affected by malware gets easily exhausted as it unconsciously feeds on the data and loses the connectivity of our devices.
10. Reset Network Settings
- Sometimes we must switch to the other side of the coin as well.
- The problem does not always lie in the router but may arise due to a fault in the device associated.
- Network settings are to be managed in the device before getting connected to a network. In case of the connectivity issue, the network setting of the device can be reset which welcomes a chance of the problem getting solved on its own only.
11. Check Proxy Settings
- Operating the Internet on the proxy settings establishes an interaction with the additional servers as well.
- This fluctuates the speed and strength of the signal.
- Proxy settings are also prone to malicious software that gets attached to them and hinder the signal by exhausting all the data in no time.
12. Use an Ethernet Connection
- Ethernet Cables are provided with the ability to transmit much stronger signals with greater efficiency besides managing network congestion.
- Switching to the Ethernet cables is the easiest way to reduce the connectivity issue.
13. Contact Frontier Support
- If none of the techniques seem to work, it is advisable to look forward for help from the Frontier Support Team.
- Their support team is ready to assist you at any hour of the day.
- You can easily contact them and get possible advice from them.
- Not only this, any member of their team can visit your place and help you get the issue fixed if needed.
Why Does Frontier Internet Keep Disconnecting?
There could be many reasons why your Frontier Internet keeps disconnecting and some of them are:
- A weak Wi-Fi hotspot by which your devices are connected
- There might be some wear and tear in the power cables connected to it
- The weaker signal strength from Wi-Fi hotspot
- Heavy network traffic
- Signal interruption by other Wi-Fi or BlueTooth devices nearby.
- Router device drivers may be outmoded and need an update
- Interference by utility software such as an anti-virus
- Defect in Network Interface Card
- Faulty Digital Subscriber Line
Tips To Improve Frontier Internet Connection
The Wi-Fi signals are strong in some spots and weaker in others. This might be due to interference by other devices in the vicinity.
Two frequencies on which modern modem routers work are 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz but you are free to select the channel of your choice. Two people using the same channel can cause the signal strength to be weak and your internet speed will be affected.
Try changing the channels and set the one that best suits your needs.
You can download third-party apps from the play store/ app store that helps you choose and modify the correct channel with appropriate frequencies.
There is a limit to the number of devices that could be connected to the router device. Exceeding this limit can affect the signal strengths, making them weak, as well as your internet speed.
Disconnect the extra devices when not in use and only keep the working ones connected so that the router does not get overloaded.
Also, make sure that there is not any unwanted device connected to your router that consumes your data.
Some of the devices are unable to connect to your router because they fail to work with the wireless mode but you can easily change this. To change the mode, you need to follow the following steps:
- Open the router interface
- Choose the wireless mode option
- You will find many options
- Check each of them and select the one best suited for you
That was all about the possible reasons for your Frontier Internet getting disconnected and the methods to overcome them. If the problem persists, it could be due to miscellaneous factors like the outdated web browser or unavoidable factors like peak hours and network traffic intensity.
This article is getting winded up with the hope that you might have got your problem fixed effortlessly after you are done reading this article.