If you face a lot of mess with the DVR not recording correctly, we have a complete guide to making your life better. You can follow the steps to fix the spectrum; DVR does not record schedules shown on time.
Why Isn’t Your Spectrum DVR Recording?
If your Spectrum DVR isn’t recording your shows and you’re unsure what’s causing the problem, you’ve come to the perfect place. Lack of storage space, faulty cable connections, and cache memory buildup in the device are the most prevalent causes of Spectrum DVR recording troubles.
Steps To Fix Spectrum DVR
Spectrum DVR is used to record the selected shows so that we can watch them later. If you missed the show, there might be a problem like the DVR is not recording. This issue is due to the storage space.
Step 1: Clear the storage of the DVR
The storage issue is the storage of your DVR is full. It is always recommended to free up the DVR space when it is 75% full. Then, in that case, you should take backup in the flash drive. If you checked that all of the recordings are important. With the help of DVR, you can watch the Shows can record them. You can also select the Shows, and they will be automatically recorded in the future.
For clearing the already stored videos/ sessions, follow the steps:
- Click on the DVR option on your remote.
- You will find the list of the stored session.
- The video which needs to be deleted is selected.
- Then there are three options; select delete out of it.
- You can also have the delete all option to clear the storage disk.
- You can also clear the entire disk by this procedure.
Step 2: Restart the Spectrum DVR to solve the recording issue
Restarting any device usually solves the issue. You can also restart spectrum DVR to solve the issue. For restarting the device, it will need around 5 to 10 minutes. After restarting, it might resolve the issue.
Step 3: Solve the cables issue with recording.
If the cable or cords are not correctly connected, it can cause some problems recording the show. Reinstalling the cable will solve this issue. Just detach and re-attach the cable, and it will resolve your issue. If anything is not working, it is time to maintain a device. Maintenance is most important for Spectrum DVR now.
To create a recording, we should follow the given steps.
- To create a recording. You should check your remote. It should have a button to record.
- It will give up choices like your way; record this show only. Or rrd the same show in the future as well.
- Select the correct option of your choice. And it will start the recording for that show.
- You can see the list of all recorded sessions and the storage required to store them.
- You can directly click on the session and can watch it.
How To Manage The Storage Of DVR?
It could follow multiple steps to manage the storage of DVR. Let’s discuss the same in detail.
- If you are using the SD format, it will take less space to store than the HD format.
- If you are caring about space, then go with the HD format.
- Also, if you are storing the sports videos, it will consume more space than the other shows.
- You can set the settings as only Record new Episodes.
- To do this. You should click the record button on the remote. Then choose the series to record.
- Now select new Record only. Now click the Record to make the settings done.
- You can also stop the featuring SD format means you can stop the problem one session format if you are using SD n recording again and again.
- For that, press the record button from the series.
- You can see the Record duplicate option. Set it to “NO.”
- Select Record when you are done with settings.
So it can use the facility of storage to record your favorite shows. It might face some problems in the process. Some of the problems are discussed in the above article. The problems and their solutions are discussed in this article. It is recommended to have proper maintenance of the device. Then it can work smoothly.