For sending official letter and other confidential documents, printed envelopes are the most preferred. They not look neat but also professional too and so are used by almost all the organizations. We took good 48 hours to come to the list of best printers for envelopes in the market. Our research suggests Hewlett Packard is the best printer envelope in all respects and the second best is HP Pro 8740.
Our Top Choice
Best Printers For Envelopes
|Product||Scanning Size||Check Price|
|Hewlett Packard||Up to 8.5x11||Check Price|
|HP Pro 8740||Up to 8x10||Check Price|
|Brother-MFCJ5830DW||Up to 11x17||Check Price|
|Epson WorkForce 7720||Up to 13x19||Check Price|
|Canon MX532||Up to 8.5x11||Check Price|
|Epson WF 3720||Up to 8.5x11||Check Price|
|Canon MX 492||Up to 8.5x14||Check Price|
|HP Envy 7155||Up to 8.5x12||Check Price|
1. HP Hewlett Packard – Best Inkjet Printer For Envelope Printing
- With HP ePrint, now you can print from virtually anywhere
- ENERGY STAR qualified
- Wirelessly print directly from a smartphone or mobiledevice, using HP mobile printing applications.
This one from HP is a great quality all in one printer. You can use it to print envelopes, notices, photos, posters, etc. It comes first in our list because of its incredible performance. It produces a smooth, shiny, clear print. This has been a great choice for small office purposes since years. It can give borderless photo prints of size 4 by 6 inch and other document print of size up to 8.5 by 11 inch. Experts say this is a common size used for all office work.
The other unique feature is two sided printing which is often used when sending notices or other confidential letters. Lastly, the unit energy star rating which suggest it will consume less electricity than other printers in the market. Thus, cutting down the extra charges levied on a monthly basis.
An excellent HP printer in the market with accurate sharp printing and scanning line. This professional printer is designed for all the official work like printing envelopes, labels, letters, posters, photos, etc. It is the best printer for envelopes for office use.
2. HP Pro 8740 – Best Office Printer For Envelope, Cardstocks, And Invitations
- Main functions of this HP color inkjet photo printer: copy, scan, fax, wireless printing, AirPrint, two-sided duplex...
- Mobile printing: print from anywhere using your smartphone or tablet with the free HP ePrint app, easily print from your...
- Spend up to 50% less per page compared with lasers and help reduce costs with fleet management solutions. Up to 500...
HP Pro is meant for medium to large scale office work. Customer review it as the best printers for envelopes, invitations, labels, cardstocks, etc. This one is also known for its speed. It can give you good 20-30 high quality prints in a minute. The document size that it can take up to is 8 by 10 inch and car sizes of different 3×5 in, 4×6 in, and 5×8 inch.
Moving on to its design, it is a moderate size printer that will take more of vertical space over the horizontal space. Prefer allocating a small table area to keep it as for the office desk or workstation it won’t be a good fit.
A great performing printer for printing envelopes, invitations, card stocks, and other documents.
3. Brother HL-MFCJ5830DW – Best Brother Envelope Printer
- BUSINESS-READY ALL-IN-ONE: Brother INKvestment devices are designed for economy-conscious business owners who demand...
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: Print and scan from mobile devices(1), plus cloud-based printing / scanning directly from the...
- PRINT FOR PENNIES AND NICKELS: Low cost printing, less than one cent per black page and less than five cents per color...
This one is a reasonably price all in one inkjet printer for quality performance at home or office. This has everything that you want in a printer from a high quality performance to fast printing. This device is versatile in nature as it can print on multiple size paper, envelopes, and labels. For plain paper, the required size can be 8.5 x 11, 8.5 x 14, 4 x 6, 5 x 7 and 11 x 17 and envelopes of a7 size, #10, #7, etc. Customers also review it as a printer that is specifically meant for printing envelopes.
Last but not the least, Borther HL works along with Amazon Dash replenishment feature. With this you will get know, the device auto-detects when its running out of ink and places a smart reorder of the genuine brother HL ink from Amazon. If you want to get higher pages per minute print rate get this one.
This one of the best printer from Brother HL known for its reasonable pricing, efficient features, and great performance
4. Epson WorkForce 7720 – Best Wide Format Printers For Envelopes Of All Sizes
- Epson strongly recommends the use of Genuine Epson inks for a quality printing experience. Non Epson inks and inks not...
- Get performance beyond laser — the workforce WF-7720, powered by Precision Core
- Print-shop quality — borderless prints upto 13" X 19". Operating Systems - Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), Windows 8/8.1...
Epson is known for its quality envelope printers and so is this one from them. The company says this device performs beyond laser with its latest PrecisionCore technology and this is actually true. When we closely analyzed its prints, we were amazed to see the smoothness and clarity. The prints are of absolute high quality resembling the gallery prints. This is actually an all in one wide forma printer which can print on envelopes of small or big sizes pretty gracefully. You can also use this for printing labels, invitation cards, cardstocks of thickness less then 80lbs, documents, etc. Overall you can print up to a size of 13 by 19 inch papers.
Lastly, like with other envelope printer this one is also compatible to Amazon Ink replenishment feature. When its enabled the printer keeps a check on the ink quantity and reorder when required.
The Epsso is yet another best printer for envelopes which is know to give stunning vibrant and quality color printing on all types of envelopes and papers. We recommend it for people who have lots of printing related work at office or at home.
5. Canon MX532 – Best Budget-Friendly Printer For Envelopes
- Air Print: print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch- no drivers needed!
- Built-in auto duplex printing: automatically Print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over...
- Fully-integrated, 30-sheet auto document feeder: easily copy, scan and fax multiple documents without having to load...
We recommend Canon MX532 for some one who is looking for a compact size printer and has a budget constraint too. This one is a good choice for home or for offices that have little of printing work. While analysing it found it is not as great as the printer mentioned above but is fit to do a basic to standard kind of printing work. That suggests you won’t get a variety of features and ultra-high performance but a good decent quality print.
One add on feature is the Google cloud print. This lets you print from everywhere via the applications every day. Not only this you ca also share your home and work printers with anyone you wish too.
All in all, Canon MX532 is an inexpensive printer for envelopes that has a good balance of feature, quality, and performance. If you are looking for cloud printing it is best printer for envelopes.
6. Epson WF 3720 – Best Envelope Printer For Basic Use
- This printer is designed for use with Epson cartridges only, not third party cartridges or ink. Cartridges described as...
- Get performance beyond laser — the workforce Pro WF 3720, powered by Precision Core
- Fast black and color Print speeds — 20 ISO ppm (black) and 10 ISO ppm (color)
If you deal with basic level of printing where printing is done more in black and white then in color, then this a good option. Epson WF 3720 is printer that prints both in full color and black and white. However the performance for B&W is great but the full color is just ok. You get smooth clear quality black and white prints but for full color the prints are not very vibrant and clear. It can produce border less prints up to size 8.5 by 11 inch.
Connectivity is again easy with this unit. You can connect it Wireless, WiFi Direct, NFC, & Ethernet giving you a range of options to print from. Last but not the least, the device also works to reduce the ink usage without compromising with the quality of prints which is for sure a good aspect.
It is the best printer for envelopes for printing on envelopes, paper, label, invitation, and other documents.
7. Canon MX 492 – Top Selling Envelope Printer From Canon
- We are here for you with 100 percent US based Service & Support
- Save time with the fully integrated Auto Document Feeder
- Print and scan photos or documents from your mobile device using the free Canon PRINT app
This one is the hot selling envelope printer from Canon. It is known among customers for producing high quality prints from quiet a long time now. The MX492 won’t disappoint you because of its great features and trappings that you would definitely require when printing on envelopes. As per our testing, what was most impressive was its FINE quality printing using the Canon FINE (Full-lithography inkjet Nozzle Engineering) inkjet technology. The prints looks sharp, clear, with an equal distribution of colors all round.
The printer can print on papers or envelopes of sizes up to 8.5 by 14 inch. Lastly, you get an year’s warranty with an Instant exchange program if you want to replace any other Canon device with this one.
A top selling product from canon with standard functionality and performance.
8. HP Envy 7155 – Best Color Envelope Printer For Home
- Stunning photos for less than 5 cents – Features of this color photo printer include print, scan, copy, borderless and...
- The power of your printer in the palm of your hand – Mobile printing from your device such as iPhone with AirPrint, or...
- Ink delivered to your home: get your first 2 months free when you enroll in HP Instant Ink (optional) during printer set...
If you love colors and often deal with photo prints on envelopes or other types of paper this is the one for you. You can print, scan, and copy wirelessly via Wifi direct using this device. What pleased us the most is the fact that this one from Envy is a recycled Eco-friendly device. The device is made from recycling printers and other electronics. This does not mean its a used device but instead a few new parts are taken from the old electronic items.
Lastly, you can also go for a ink replenishment service and save up to 50% with and 10% with Dash replenishment. Both these features will keep a track of ink in the envelope printer and will reorder smartly when the device is running short of ink.
Another eco-friendly device from Canon know for its glsosy photo print quality.
Buying Guide – Things To Consider When Choosing A Printer For Envelopes ?
You can alleviate the task of writing postal addresses after purchasing the best printers for envelopes. These are the most popular devices in the office and other business centers. People love the fact that the address printer on envelopes look much more professional and neat so are eager to buy them. Nevertheless, all the device available in the market does not perform the same. For getting the best envelope printer, it is necessary that you should know about its prime specifications and how to match them to your need. If you are unaware how to do so we have a buying guide for you. In this you will get an intensive detail on what to look for when buying specific printer for envelopes. Here it is:
1. Type And Volume Of Prints
This is most important point here as it will set the ground for other considerations. No matter whether you produce black and white prints or color printing it is always advisable to go for a color printer as you never know when the color needs might arrive. Furthermore, quality color gives a touch of uniqueness, clarity, and attraction. The best envelope printers Hewlett Packard, HP Pro 8740, and Brother-MFCJ5830DW.
Moving on to the volume, if you require regular printing choosing the top one is necessary. The volume of print is a personal need. If your work requires printing a high number of envelopes, labels, invitation, and other documents go with our editor’s choice or runner up. They will remain as it is in the longer run. And if you do occasional or less number of frequent color printing going with standard models would be preferable. The top ones in this category are Epson WorkForce 7720, Canon MX532, and Epson WF 3720.
2. Inkjet Versus Laser Printer
Laser printer are made to compromise with quantity over quality. They are used for commerical printing press or at printing shops. They are not meant to be used at home or offices. Further, most of the printers are monochorme laser printer. They are faster and cheaper in the longer run and are made solely to suffice the commerical needs.
On the other hand Inkjet printer prefer quality over quantity. But that mean you cannot get hundreds of print with them. If you are someone who deal with medium quantity of prints as in hundreds in a week and prefer high quality, then inkjet printer works the best. Nowadays, these inkjet printer also come up with ink saving technology to reduce the overall cost. Further, a few top quality inkjet printer for printing envelopes have surpassed the laser printer.
Feeding is again an important aspect. None of us like the task of loading the paper/envelope every time before giving a print command. Most of the quality printers come with auto-feeders that means you just have to stack papers on the auto-feeder trays and the machine would pick up the envelope or paper on its own.We recommend you to check the size and capacity i.e. at once how many paper you can stack. Further, also ensure that during feeding the envelopes should not get folded or hampered.
Purchasing the best printers for envelopes really depends on the size of envelopes that you are going to printer. Nevertheless, you should also look for the type of printers: Inkjet or laser so as to not compromise on the delivering quality. Nowadays, with advent in technology the inkjet printers quality is surpassing the laser printer and thus are found in most of the offices and home. In addition to this also look at the volume and type of prints you will need. Once you are done with sorting out the different devices choose the one that best fits your need and budget.