Storing information in a physical address book and for that matter keeping a business card safe and secure is the thing of the past. Now, the new trend to store business cards digitally is any time more convenient and hassle free. A business card scanner is one of the important machine for every business or a professional environment. We took good 50 hours to get to the list of best business card scanner. Our editor’s choice is DYMO CardScan. It has all the features to make your contact management process much easier than you could ever imagine.
Our Top Choice
Best Business Card Scanner
|DYMO CardScan||Check Price|
|Docket Port Duplex||Check Price|
|Pen Power World Card||Check Price|
|Penpower WorldCard Color||Check Price|
|Ambir Technology PS667||Check Price|
|VuPoint Magic Wand||Check Price|
|CardScan Executive v8||Check Price|
1. DYMO CardScan – Best Card Scanner For Mac
- Scan data from business cards directly into your PC, Mac, or Palm or Windows mobile device. Add information directly to...
- Executive scanner is super accurate and can scan color cards.
- Reads cards in 7 languages from 14 different countries. Verifies and correct US addresses and ZIP + 4 codes.
The DYMO business card scanner is a complete contact management system that lets you scan and store business cards digitally in an organized way. Because of the ease of operation and quality features this has come out first in our list. With this device, accessing one from the thousands of contacts is a seconds work.
The other features includes its efficiency to verify and correct US addresses and ZIP + 4 codes in the already scanned business cards. Lastly, you can also drag and drop information from internet or other files to make your contact management system much simpler then it sounds.
The best business card scanner in the market that can make your contact management system much easier than you can imagine with its user-friendly features.
2. Docket Port Duplex – Best Duplex Business Card Scanner For PC
- ULTRA COMPACT FOOTPRINT: At about the size of a stapler, the DP687 takes up far less space than flatbed scanners. That...
- USB-POWERED CONVENIENCE: Because it's powered by your computer's USB port, you'll never search for an outlet or carry a...
- STRAIGHT TO PDF SCANNING: With included DocketScan image acquisition software, users can scan directly to...
Docket Port is our second best choice because of its high resolution, size, and its efficiency to scan two cards at one time. This portable device can help you store all your necessary contact information at one place.
The other unique feature is its AutoContinue function which lets you scan a lot may cards at one go but you have to go with the machine flow. Lastly, our testing suggests to clean the machine after scanning around 900 cards for the best performance.
A professional grade quality card scanner for high volume environments like hospitals, banks, etc.
3. Pen Power World Card – Best Business Card Reader For Microsoft Outlook
- Digitize business cards in seconds. Scan, recognize, and save contact information directly turn business cards into...
- Support multiple languages. Recognize business cards in 24 different languages as well.
- Data exchange. Export/ import contacts to/ from Address Book and then to iPhone/ iPod, Microsoft Entourage; and export...
This is another highly accurate best business card reader in the market. It is made for people who have lots of cards to store and refer when required. However, you can only scan business cards in this, it is meant for scanning other documents. It also has complete set of management functions like editing information, assigning categories, and adding information.
Last but not the least, we also liked the business card readers efficiency to quickly and efficiently find contact. For the same it has tools like text search and advanced search. When you click on an address it directly links to map and the contact’s website directly.
A professional business card scanner for managing the contact list. We recommend it forpersonal use.
4. Penpower WorldCard Color – Best Budget-Friendly Business Card Scanner
- Designed for business card scanning
- Includes WorldCard 6.1 software
- USB 2.0 interface for fast data transfer and plug-and-play functionality
This one comes in our list because of its budget-friendly price, efficiency, and ease of use. In spite of an affordable price, the card reader has everything to help you in your contact management journey.
The other good features include its unicode design to sort out multi-lingual card in different categories for a flexible experience. You can choose from various categories to store the contact information as per your preference. On the whole, a good high resolution device to sort your contact list as per your need and requirement.
A good budget-friendly product to store contact information in a preferred organized way.
5. Ambir Technology PS667 – Best Card Reader For Windows
- EFFICIENT CARD AND ID SCANNING: The ImageScan Pro 667 is a rugged simplex card scanner. Because it’s USB-powered,...
- PROFESSIONAL-GRADE QUALITY: The ImageScan Pro 667 is designed to handle serious workloads. Inside, you’ll find high...
- YOUR WORKFLOW, UPGRADED: At just three seconds per scan, the ImageScan Pro 667 makes quick work of capturing any card....
This is another good match of efficiency and quality. Ambir technology is another hot selling product and that is why it has come to our list. While testing what we liked is the good optical resolution of this scanner. It is around 600dpi and can well scan card of thickness up to 1.4mm pretty well. The reader is compatible with Windows operating systems but sadly not with Mac. So, if you are a windows user, it can be a good buy for you.
We recommend you to clean and maintain the device regularly for it to last long. Prefer getting it cleaned after every 500 scans because, the reader is prone to accumalate dust and thereby give you low quality scanned images.
Regardless of the fact that it’s only compatible with Windows, its a great device to go for anyone who has a bulk contact list to manage.
6. VuPoint Magic Wand – Best Portable Card Scanner
- SAVE SCANS TO MICROSD CARD - Welcome to your new Paperless Office and the world of simple organization - Scan in color...
- AUTO FEED DOCK - When docked, the high-speed sensor scans paper automatically using its auto-feed feature while the...
- SCANNING SPECS – Scan documents 8.5" wide and up to 125" long in as little as 2 seconds - choose scan quality of 300,...
If you are looking for a portable scanner that you can fit in your bag and take it to office, home, or any other place then look no further. For many portability and compatibility matters a lot when it comes to office electronics. This magic wand has both the things and that is why it holds a place in our list.
The other great features includes its auto feed dock feature. When in this mode, the auto feed paper/card and scan them with high speed even on the charging mode. This is something unique in this device. Lastly, you also get a *GB USB card along with it to store your data.
A great mini device to scan on the go. We recommend it for its price, high resolution, size, and the ability to scan a variety of documents.
7. CardScan Executive v8 – Best Scanner For Quick Digitization
- Use drag-and-drop feature to consolidate important business info from email, web sites, and other electronic media
- Creates digital address book from scanned business cards
- Categorize contacts, search, sort, print labels, map addresses
CardScan is designed for the users that are looking for an advanced contact management system. The device comes with all the features from scanning to dragging and dropping business cards and managing the entire contacts on your fingertips. We love the speed of this scanner as in a minute it can efficiently scan around good 25 cards.
The device is good to scan cards or any document that has a dimension equal to a business card. Be rest assured, the scanned quality is good. Further, it also has the efficiency to highlight a wrong field and notify you for verification.
An automated business card reader for quick digitization. Overall, an handy device with all the standard scanning features and a reasonable price.
Buying Guide – Things To Consider When Buying The Business Card Scanners
You always get a lot of variety in the market for every product especially for the electronic items and so is the case with business card scanners. It is very likely that you might feel confused to select one after seeing the innumerable models. Nevertheless, it is always about finding the product that fits your need.
We know you might not have that much time to do an extensive research for figuring and testing out your needs. So, for the same reason we have come up with a buying guide for you. This guide will take you through the prime considerations that you should look for when buying the business card scanner for your need of for your office. Here it is:
1. Scanning Efficiency
If you really want your card reader to give you the accurate information given on the paper, you need to be mindful of its efficiency. The best way to know about it by checking on it pixels and the resolution. The resolution is measured in terms of dpi. The higher the dpi the higher will be the ability of the scanner to give clear image.
The recommended value for this is 600dp, 48-bit color mode and an 8-bit grey scale mode. But this is the bench mark anything higher or little lower than this will also do a good job. The top ones in this category are: DYMO CardScan, Docket Port Duplex, and Pen Power World Card.
Further more the scanner should also be able to s can different sizes, thickness, and shapes of business card. Any unit fails to do is not fit to be reviewed as a worthy product. It is the only the good models that can scan different size and shape cards with different languages. Our list as only the products that surpasses these criteria.
2. Data Processing Feature
These products can do things beyond their scanning capabilities also owing to its user-friendly features. One of the major role of these devices apart from scanning is to manage the information given on the card and then to import/export to different programs using its software.
The scanner should be able to do small tasks like segregating the data in to different categories, editing the images, cropping, or editing the text in the images. This way the scanner can handle all the contact management issues well and give you immediate information when required.
3. Ease Of Use And Compatibility
No body wants a machine that is to difficult to use and requires to many setting adjustment to operate. The easier its operation the more convenient it is. Further, with the ever changing advancement in technology it is important for the machine to be compatible with the latest devices like Window, Mac book, PC, and chrome books. So, make sure which ever machine you choose it should be compatible with the system that you are using currently.
This one is a desired feature. If you are someone who prefer carrying the device to office or other work places then portability is the thing that you should look for. Furthermore, if your desk space is less and you don’t want to overcrowd it, portable ones are good.
There are few other scanner that are not too portable but have compact size and shape to fit well in almost all office setting. The scanner that is extremely portable is VuPoint Magic Wand and CardScan Executive v8
There are many good products to put in to the class of best business card scanners. One point to note is that all of them are not the same and brand name is not the way to decide which one is the best. We applied the same idea, tested each of the top products from the market in terms of their efficiency, resolution, ease of use, and other user-friendly features.
You should make sure to review and compare different scanners and then choose the one that appeals you the most. If you don’t have time for all this consider reading our buying guide and the product list before choosing any one for a worthy purchase. Be rest assured, our list is made after rigorous testing so the products mentioned here will surely suffice your need.