Nowadays, home security is an essential need for all. And day by day, the variety in the range of security products is increasing due to high demand. So, it’s baffling to choose the right door camera for your home. We have done side by side comparison between the two most popular cameras August View Vs. August View Pro. We have done a detailed discussion about their pros, cons, specifications, and how one is better over the other.
Security cameras are the ones that are in high demand nowadays because of their high safety levels. But at the same time, many queries arise when we decide to buy one. August View doorbell camera got launched with a high-quality protection system. This security camera had an excellent appearance. But it lacks quality videos and connectivity. After three weeks of its launch, it had several complaints, and its production stopped.
After a few changes in this system, August View cameras are back in the market. This time it had some excellent new features and an advanced system. Now let’s look at the other product August Doorbell Cam Pro. Where August View had lots of issues, August Doorbell Cam Pro is gaining demand in the market.
- August View: This Doorbell camera provides video recordings and live videos. It only gets connected to Alexa and Google Home devices. It’s a box-shaped structure, which makes it look different from the regular doorbells.
- August View Pro: This is a sturdy doorbell camera that captures and saves high-quality video recordings. It is compatible with Alexa, Google Home, Apple Home Kit, and has a feature of HindSight. It works with August Smart Lock Pro.
August View Vs. August Doorbell Cam Pro- Comparison Chart
Specifications August View August Doorbell Cam Pro Video Resolution 640x480p 640x480p Power Options Hardwired Wire-free Two-way Audio Yes Yes Compatible Networks 2.4 GHz or 5GHz 2.4 GHz Night Vision Light Required Yes Replaces August Connect Yes No Motion Detection Yes Yes Motion Sensitivity No Yes Field of View 120 120 Works with August Smart Locks Yes Yes Build-in Flood Light No Yes Motion Zones No No Subscriptions Yes Yes Live View On Demand Yes Yes Chime Control No Yes Enviroment -13 to 122 Fahrenheit (-25 °C to 50 °C) -4 to 122 Fahrenheit (-20 °C to +50 °C) Price Check Price Check Price
August View Vs. August Doorbell Cam Pro- Difference
1. InstallationAugust View Pro has an easy installation process, which makes it convenient. It’s an updated system which gets connected to our smartphones. And it guides us throughout the installation process. But, August View Camera has a complicated installation process. So, if you install this device on your own, then there may be some difficulties faced.
Bottom line: Thus, in the case of installation, August Doorbell Cam Pro is the best option as it’s easy to handle.
2. Night Vision
For security purposes, video recording at night is essential. And clear vision at night time is challenging. August View cam supports the night vision feature, but it requires a separate floodlight. August View Pro has a pre-installed floodlight for video recording in low-light areas.
Bottom line: So, we can notice that August Doorbell Cam Pro is a better choice for Night Vision recording.
3. Motion Sensitivity
August View Cam does not have a motion sensitivity feature. But August View Pro supports motion sensitivity. In the case of safety, motion sensitivity keeps the security system more alert. Both have a motion detection system, but August View Cam does not have motion sensors.
Bottom line: Thus, August Doorbell Cam Pro is an actual pro in the field of motion sensitivity.
4. Chime ControlAugust View Pro has an excellent feature of chime control. Whenever you have visitors at your door, you can also hear the chime sound on your smartphone. But this feature is not supported by August View. Volume and charms can get customized by August Home App.
Bottom line: So, indeed August Doorbell Cam Pro is the winner in case of chime control.
August View Doorbell vs. August Doorbell Cam Pro – Similarities
1. Video ResolutionAugust View and August View Pro provide 640x480p resolution. Thus, both of them provide a quality video recording. And for the field of view, both have a 120° wide angle. Which allows us to look around a wide area of their house.
2. Two-way Audio
This feature makes it easy for both us and the visitor to communicate without opening the door. And it also secures us from strangers. Thus, this feature adds a bit more security.
3. Motion Detection
Both August View and August View Pro supports a motion detection feature. And it’s an essential feature which should get supported by the security systems. It alerts us if anyone tries to break into our house without our knowledge. So, it’s quite safe when we have a motion detection feature in the Doorbell.
4. Works With August Smart Locks
August View and August Doorbell Cam Pro support the August smart lock system. Thus it gets more convenient for us to handle the security systems. These systems get processed by our smartphones through the August Home app. And we need to take the subscription plans. These are all the similarities between August View and August Doorbell Cam Pro.
Specifications Of August View CameraAugust View
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately). Requires iOS (9.0 or higher) or Android (5.0 or...
- Always home. Real-time alerts, HD video and two-way audio makes it easy to answer your door as if you were home.
- Know who’s there from anywhere. Get real-time alerts on your phone whenever someone approaches your doorstep, even...
1. Video Resolution
This feature is an essential one when we talk about security cameras. August View Camera provides 640x480p resolution and 120° wide-field view. It allows the camera to record a quality video, which helps us when we need it.
2. Motion Detection
Motion detection alerts the user if anyone tries to break into the house. Thus, August View Camera supports this function, which is very helpful for our safety.
3. Two-way Audio
If we encounter any stranger, so to avoid opening doors, this feature is handy. Both visitors and we can respond to each other through this function. No need to open the doors, and still, we can communicate with each other.
4. Night VisionAugust View supports this feature, but we need to install a separate floodlight.
On-demand replay: We can view the recordings whenever needed. Also, it provides us with an on-demand replay to see the records again and again at any time.
Specifications Of August Doorbell Cam Pro
1. Video ResolutionAugust View Pro provides 640x480p resolution so that we don’t compromise with the video quality. It also provides 120°, which gives us a wide-angle view of the surrounding area.
2. Motion Detection
August Doorbell pro camera supports this feature, which increases its security level. It gives you an alert if someone tries to break into your house.
3. Motion Sensitivity
It is an advancement to the motion detection feature. It adds a bit more alertness to the security system. Its indeed helpful and adds safety to our house.
4. Two-way AudioAugust View Pro cam also allows the two-way audio feature. It helps to respond and communicate with strangers if we don’t want to open the door.
5. Night Vision
It’s the August Pro cam’s best feature as it has a built-in floodlight that records high-quality videos even in low light areas. It helps us to have a clear view of the doorbell camera.
6. Chime Control
This function is available in August Pro cam because we can hear the chime sound through our smartphones. We can change the tone and the volume of the chimes.
What Do You Get With Each Box?
Now talking about the accessories we get with August View camera and August View Pro are much the same. Both the systems are well built and are fully-featured. But still, there are some other accessories that we can add for this August Doorbell camera functionality.
August View Cam does not have built-in floodlights. So, we need to add a separate floodlight for clear night vision recordings. But August Doorbell Pro Cam has a built-in floodlight. So, there is no need for separate floodlights. A power supply kit is available in case we don’t have a wire for your Doorbell. It provides us more convenient and secure access to our house. It’s better than the old fashioned doorbells.
The August Smart Keypad will give us smooth and secure keyless access, and the August Connect allows us to control all our August Smart Locks. So, now we can even have access to the smart locks when we are on vacation.
Overview Of August View CameraAugust View is the 1st gen security camera by August company. It has a box-like structure and a wireless security camera. This doorbell camera supports two-way audio functions, which are quite helpful. We can communicate without opening the doors.
It has motion detection, which is an essential need for our security purpose. But it does not support the motion sensitivity feature. This security camera provides a 640x480p resolution, which gives us a high-quality video recording. And it also provides a wide-angle for field view. Thus, we can view a wide-angle around our house.
Overview Of August Doorbell Cam ProAugust View Pro
- High performance video: Best-in-class sensor provides the highest resolution of any battery-powered doorbell camera at...
- Capture every detail: With minimal fisheye distortion, August View provides the most realistic view of your doorstep of...
- Protect your home: Zoom able high-resolution video helps you identify package thieves and unwanted visitors. The August...
It also provides motion detection with a motion sensitivity feature. These two features add a bit more security and alert us whenever someone tries to break in. August Doorbell Cam Pro is the latest security camera doorbell by August company. So it provides us every function that is essential for security systems.
August Pro Cam comes with a built-in floodlight, which allows the camera to record high-quality video even in a low light area. One of the best features of this doorbell pro cam is the chime control function. We can control the chime sound and volume system through our smartphone.
FAQs1. How do I install Doorbell Cam?
The installation process is straightforward and can be self-installed. The Installation Guide will direct us through the installation process. If you still face any problems contact the customer care service.2. How do I reboot my Doorbell Cam?
To reboot the Doorbell Cam follow the instructions given in the guide book. Or for further help do visit the August Home page for more detailed information.3. Do I need to download any separate app for the Doorbell Cam?
We need to download the existing August App, which works for both iOS and Android.4. How does the Doorbell Cam differ from other outdoor cameras such as SkyBell?
August Doorbell Camera provides the same functions as SkyBell products. But it has a different feature from SkyBell. It allows us to open doors with the August Home app. And this facility is not provided by other Doorbell cameras.5. What are the main difference between the Doorbell Cam and Nest Cam or Drop cam?
Drop bell and Nest Cam focuses on the inside view of the house, and Doorbell Cam focuses on outside of the house.6. Do they have night vision?
August Doorbell Pro Cam has a night vision feature. But Doorbell cam needs a separate installation of floodlight for clear night recordings.7. Do I need any other products to use August View Doorbell?
No, August View camera works on its own without any other products need. You need to download the August App for its functions with iOS and Android.8. What is the expected battery life of August View Cam?
Its battery life depends on the environment, usage, and settings. You can have three months-long experience without any problems. You can turn on the power saver mode to maximize the usage of its battery.9. Is facial recognition supported?
Facial recognition feature will get added later. And our customers will get notified with the upcoming updates.10. Where can I find August Home’s privacy policies, terms, and conditions info?
Go and visit the policies and agreements page on the official website of August Doorbell Cam for more detailed information.
Now, we are at the end of our review. August View and August View Pro features got more clarified in this review. Both the products by August company have their pros and cons. But when compared with each other August View Pro is the winner for its features. If we want a complete security package, then August Doorbell Pro Cam is the best option to consider.