There are a variety of smart doorbells available in the market with more advanced features. Now, your doorbell does not only serve you as an indicator but also gives you a view of any visitor who comes close to your door. Doorbells are a great security device today.
The ring is a well-known brand for doorbells. It is well-known for its array of security products. Two of the best doorbells of the Ring brand are- Ring Pro and Elite. Both these can easily connect to your smartphone with a Wi-Fi connection. You can easily operate these devices via your smartphone, tablets, and P.C.
We tested both the products for over a week and realized that there are several differences between them. To easily choose one among the two, we have created a comparative framework for both devices. So, let’s start with it.
According to us, the better device between them is Elite. One of the main reasons we consider Elite to be superior to Ring Pro is its control over the Ethernet connection. It is because of the Ethernet that there is a stability of internet connection in the Elite model. This feature makes it support two kinds of an internet connection rather than one. Ring Pro also provides a Wi-Fi connection, but if the connection is down, it becomes slow or unresponsive. On the other hand, Ring Pro also offers some advantages: easy installation and simple set-up. Yet, Elite wins over Pro due to many other features that it offers that pro lacks.
Comparison Chart Ring Pro Vs. Elite
|Specifications||Ring Pro||Ring Elite|
|Motion detector||Advanced level||Advanced level|
|Dimensions||4.5” * 1.85” * 0.80”||4.7” * 2.75” * 0.43”|
|Live view on demand||Yes||Yes|
|Live view motion-triggered||Yes||Yes|
|Power Options||Power over Ethernet||Hardwired to existing doorbell wiring|
|Suitable operating temperature||-5 degrees F to 120 degrees F||-5 degrees F to 120 degrees F|
|Compatible networks||2.4/5 GHz 802.11 b/g/n||Ethernet connection 2.4/5 GHz 802.11 b/g/n|
|Compatible doorbell transformers||16-24 VAC, DC not compatible||16-24 VAC, DC not compatible|
|Vertical view||90 degrees||100 degrees|
|Horizontal field of view||160 degrees||160 degrees|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Differences Between Ring Pro Vs. Elite
1. Compatible Network
Both devices have different network connectivity options. You can easily connect your Ring Pro to the home network with the help of Wi-Fi. It supports the Wi-Fi connection of 2.4 or 5 GHz 802.11 b/g/n. If your home is big, you can also use the Ring Chime Pro indoor chime and Wi-Fi extender.Elite is compatible with Wi-Fi and also with an Ethernet connection. Most people connect their Elite doorbell via an Ethernet connection. Wi-Fi is only used in case if you cannot connect the PoE to your router box. In such a case, a Wi-Fi connection is easier to transmit data.
The installation process of both devices is different but complicated. Ring Pro is compatible with a digital or mechanical doorbell kit with transformers between 16 and 24 Volts AC. Apart from this, DC transformers or the ones below 16 Volts AC are not compatible to install Pro. You will need professional help to install this video doorbell if you have not tried it before.
Installation of Elite is equally difficult as it needs the standard junction box with the flush-mounted finish. It is not easy to install it because the whole installation process is quite complicated and needs experience. You will have to call a professional in case you have brought Elite.
The designs of both devices are different. Ring Pro has a sleek design with a beautiful finish. Its dimensions are 4.5″ * 1.85″ * 0.80″. It looks good and aesthetically fit to go with your home exteriors.
Ring Elite has a good-looking design, but its design is not that attractive compared to Pro. Its dimensions are 4.70” * 2.75” * 2.43”.
4. Power Options
Both smart doorbells get the power-up differently. Ring Pro gets power from an existing doorbell kit. It does not support DC transformers and 16-24 VAC.
On the other hand, Elite uses the Ethernet connection to get power. The Ethernet connection lets the device to get power for the doorbell and the internet connection together. It can charge the battery and connect to the internet both at the same time. Therefore, the Ethernet connection is considered more reliable than a Wi-Fi connection. If we talk about the power options, Elite is a better model than Pro.
Similarities Between Ring Pro Vs. Elite
1. Field Of View
Both devices have the same field of view. They have 160 degrees horizontal view and 100 degrees vertical view. Their view is wide enough to cover the main door as well as the surrounding areas of it. You can easily see the wide view with the ring app’s help that is available on iOS, Android, and Windows 10 devices.
2. Night Vision
Both Ring video doorbells have a night vision facility. You can get a clear view of 1080p HD resolution 24*7.
3. On-Demand Video
Both devices offer the two-way audio and on-demand video facility. You can watch the video footage at any time of the day. You can also interact verbally with anyone who comes to your doorstep with the two-way audio system’s help.
4. Advanced Motion-Detection Zones
Both devices offer advanced motion-zones detectors. They both are compatible with the Amazon Echo Show. In the future, they have promised to provide support to Apple HomeKit as well.
Features And Technical Specifications Of Ring Pro
- 1080p HD video doorbell that lets you see, hear and speak to people from your phone, tablet, or select Echo device....
- Get notifications whenever motion is detected by customizing your motion zones.
- With Live View, you can check in on your home any time through the Ring app.
- Instant alert facility.
- Its functions include- doorbell, camera, and motion-detection.
- Width is 1.8 inches. Its depth is 0.8 inches. Its height is 4.5 inches.
- Available in black, beige, orange, and silver color.
- Comes along with 4 interchangeable faceplates for easy installation.
- Has 1080p HD video quality.
- Comes with 2-way audio support.
- Has wireless connectivity technology.
- Wireless protocol is 802.11b/g/n.
- Frequency bans are 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- The suitable operating temperature of the device is between -4.9 degrees F to 118.4 degrees F.
- It provides a one year warranty.
- Items in the box: Ring video doorbell pro model, Interchangeable faceplates- 4, Installation screws & anchors, Pro power kit, Drill bit, AC power adapter, Installation guide, Optional wiring and connectors, Screwdriver.
Features And Technical Specifications Of Elite
- Connect your Ring doorbell with Alexa to hear announcements on your compatible Echo device when your doorbell is pressed...
- Lets you see, hear and speak to visitors from your phone, tablet and PC
- Sends alerts as soon as motion is detected or when visitors press the Doorbell
- It has mountable flush and instant alert feature.
- Functions include doorbell, camera, and motion-detection.
- Width is 2.7 inches. Its depth is 2.2 inches. Its height is 4.5 inches.
- Available in black, beige, silver, and grey color.
- It also comes along with 4 interchangeable faceplates for easy installation.
- The video quality is 1080p.
- Has a live view control feature.
- Wireless protocol is 802.11b/g/n.
- Frequency bands are 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
- The suitable temperature for the device is between -4 degrees F to 118.4 degrees F.
- It provides 2 years warranty.
- Items in the box: Ring video doorbell Elite model, Interchangeable faceplates, Installation guide, Flathead screw bit, Drill bit, AC Power adapter, Screwdriver, Welcome package, Ethernet cable, Security screws, Flexible security bit, Elite power kit.
Your product would come along with the Ethernet cable so you don’t have to worry about that. As far as the type of Ethernet cable is concerned, it can be suitable with any of the two depending on the distance of the network range you want to cover.
If you do not like the unnecessary notifications then you can disable it via the app. It will not send you constant alerts but it will still record quietly for your safety.
Yes, Ring supports WPA2, WPA, and 64-bit WEP Hex. But WPA2 would give you the best results.
Yes, all Ring products are FCC approved which is a great thing about this brand. It proves that the brand is reliable and produces good quality products.
The above information is sufficient enough to give you a clear understanding of which device is better between the two. Both of them have their add-ons which might be suitable to one while useless to others. So, prefer jotting down your needs first and then make up your mind of what you want to get for your home.