When it comes to your home security, you should buy the best product available in the market because safety is utmost priority. There are a lot of safety products available in the market and a smart camera is one of them. Today, most homes, as well as offices, have got security cameras installed due to the increasing crime.
There are plenty of smart cameras available in the market but only a few are of reliable quality. Two of the best security cameras are Arlo Pro and Logitech Circle 2. This side by side comparison between Arlo Pro and Logitech Circle 2 will help you decide which one will be suitable for need.
If you compare both the smart cameras, you will find that they do not have a lot of similarities. Two of the common features of both these cameras are- weatherproofing and push to talk functionality. But there are a lot of differences between these products. We will discuss their differences in detail below.
It is very difficult to determine the best between the two because both the cameras have their specialty and flaws. Although, Arlo Pro does have some more features like motion-detection, 1080p HD video resolution, 180-degree field of view, person detection, etc. that makes it somewhat a smarter camera than Arlo Pro but they are known to be slow and quite expensive.
On the other hand, Arlo Pro offers some features that you would not find in Logitech like it has a local storage that solves the common storage problem and siren as well. It is also available at a reasonable price that can be beneficial for you.
Arlo Pro vs. Logitech Circle 2- Comparison Chart
|Product||Arlo Pro||Logitech Circle 2|
|Power||Wired or Wireless||Wired or Wireless|
|Smart Home Compatibility||Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT||Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and Apple HomeKit|
|Suitable temperature range||-4 to 113 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 to 45 degrees Celsius)||-4 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 to 50 degree Celsius)|
|Activity Zones||With Arlo Smart||With Circle Safe Premium subscription|
|App||Both Android and iPhone||Both Android and iPhone|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Difference Between Arlo Pro Vs. Logitech Circle 2
1. Field Of View
In terms of field of view, Logitech Circle 2 is a better product as it provides us a wide sight of 180 degrees. It covers pretty much a large area and wide-angle view so that you can see activities going on even in the areas that are away from the cameras. You do not need to install a lot of these smart cameras a few would be enough to cover your house.While Arlo Pro offers a slightly less viewing angle that is 130 degrees. It is pretty much wide but not very much if we compare it with Circle 2.
2. Local Storage
Arlo Base does offer the local storage facility. It requires The Arlo Base Station that provides us additional facilities like video recording. Local storage will let you record your footage both to USB and cloud.
It is also helpful in certain situations like the Wi-Fi drop for a long time or when you go away from your home. Unfortunately, Logitech Circle 2 does not have any local storage facility.
3. Motion Zones
This feature helps you increase the surveillance of some crucial areas of your home. The Logitech Circle 2 has the facility where you can highlight specific areas of your home which are important to be extra protected like the main door, garage, nursery, etc. and through the Circle web app, you can easily create up to 5 motion zones in your home. These would alarm you as soon as they detect any movement in the highlighted areas and keep you safe and give you peace of mind.
Motion zones are not present in Arlo Pro. But you can check out other products by Arlo- Arlo Q and Q Plus that may offer you this facility.
4. Number Of Cameras
When it comes to the maximum number of cameras that you can attach to your smartphone app or your camera system, Logitech Circle 2 gives you comfort because it does not have any limit on the number of cameras that you can install. On the contrary, Arlo Pro has a maximum limit of 15 cameras that you can connect to your app or account. You need to have a subscription for installing 15 cameras.
So, if you have a large home and you need a lot of cameras to be installed at your home then you must go for Logitech Circle 2.
Every smart camera offers you the alert system where you get an instant alert whenever any unusual activities take place in the areas under the cameras. Arlo Pro sends an instant alert to your smartphone within 5 seconds that is very quick and convenient. Logitech Circle 2 is a bit slow in sending the alert and there are complaints that it gets late by 20 seconds which is pretty much delay for any incident to happen.
6. Subscription Plans
Both devices offer different subscription plans. They offer free subscription plans with some additional features. The Arlo Basic Plan offers 7 days of cloud recording, offers up to 5 motion zones and limited support up to 3 months of the date of buying.
Logitech Circle 2 offers 1 day of cloud storage, smart alert facility, and unlimited downloads and streaming.
Both the plans may differ in their price but without them, you cannot enjoy the additional facilities offered by both the devices.
7. Voice assistants
Circle 2 can easily integrate with both Amazon Alexa as well as Google’s assistant. It is compatible with all Amazon Echo products and therefore, you can connect it easily to your smart home devices. Whereas Arlo Pro is compatible with Amazon Alexa but it only works well with Amazon Echo Show for now. Arlo Pro does not support Google’s assistant. As we can see that Circle 2 is compatible with more voice assistant systems than Arlo Pro and therefore, it is more convenient and flexible.
Both devices have different power options. The Arlo Pro uses a wireless source of power like a rechargeable battery or mini USB. It also offers the solar panel for charging the device. It uses the sunlight to charge itself and you can be relaxed that your device is being charged well when there is proper sunlight.
Logitech Circle 2 does not offer a solar energy charging system. It can use both wirelesses as well as wired methods for charging. However, to get some additional power options, you need to buy some additional modifications in the system and there are a lot of parts that can be a little hectic to use.
9. Person Detection
Person detection is a feature where the device can detect the person easily and let you know about their presence according to that. This feature lets your camera to differentiate between a human and a pet. It uses advanced features that can very accurately detect the person in your home and notify you when required. Circle 2 has this smart feature but Arlo pro does not offer this feature and only has the motion-detectors.
The sirens can easily detect any kind of unusual activity going on in your home and start ringing as soon as they detect it which sometimes scaring the culprit away. The siren can be very useful to prevent destruction before taking place. The Arlo Pro has the motion and audio detectors and if these detect anything unusual, it immediately starts ringing the siren loudly. Logitech Circle 2 lacks in this facility.
Similarities Between Arlo Pro Vs. Logitech Circle 2
1. Smartphone alerts
You get smartphone alerts in both the devices. They have got motion-sensors or audio sensors that can easily detect any unusual activity taking place and send you instant alert on your smartphone. This feature is present in both the devices however, the speed may differ.
2. Live Streaming
Both devices offer a live streaming facility. You can easily attach your smart cameras with your smartphones, tablets or computers and then see the happenings of your home live wherever there are cameras anytime you want. You can easily check the live footage of the area where you sense any kind of unusual activity going on.
3. Night Vision
Both devices offer night vision facility. So your cameras would not stop working even if it is dark. You can easily find out what is going in your home in the dark or at the dark places from both the brands of cameras.
Additional Features and Technical Specifications of Arlo Pro
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- 100% Wire-free - Free of power cords and wiring hassles, easily place Arlo Pro cameras wherever you want and monitor...
- Night vision: 850 nm LEDs- illuminates up to 25 feet, IR cut-off filter. Field of view: 130°,Focus range (ST) Fixed...
- Wireless set up option that can be very easy to install
- Two-way audio available
- Geofencing facility available so the camera can arm or disarm itself during need
- Weather resistance so that you can place your cameras outside the home
- The instant alert facility on your smartphone
- Smart siren for your protection
- Local and cloud storage facilities so that you can review your footage or video recordings whenever you want.
- Non-stop continuous recording for a better result
- 3 seconds look back to get an overview of all the sides
- Can easily detect the motion zones
- Items in the box: Rechargeable battery, Camera power cable, Camera power adapter, Wire-free HD camera with audio, Wall mount screw set, Quick start guide,Window conceal, Magnetic wall mount
Additional Features and Technical Specifications of Logitech Circle 2
- CIRCLE 2 WIRE-FREE is an easy to install, wireless, Wi-Fi connected home security camera that records 10 to 60-second...
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY -- operates in low power mode where the camera wakes up when it detects motion to record, and when...
- FULL HD WIDE-ANGLE VIDEO WITH NIGHT VISION lets you capture the really big picture with 180-degree wide-angle lens, full...
- Easy set-up so that you can do it by yourself
- Weatherproof casing- to easily install your cameras outside
- Person detection facility
- Smart time-lapse day brief- so that you can have a quick view of all the happenings of the day in one go
- Free cloud storage for 24 hours straight
- 1080p HD video for clear footage
- Two-way audio which lets you communicate with the people in your home through the smart camera
- Unlimited streaming of a total of 5 cameras
- Motion detectors available
- Smart alert feature-instant alert on your smartphone
- 180-degree viewing angle
- Items in the box: Rechargeable battery, Plug mount, Window mount, Weatherproof extension, Circle 2 multi-pack- 2 wire-free cameras + wired camera, Combo pack- 2 wire-free cameras+ 1 rechargeable battery
1. How do I update the order of the cameras in a multi-cam view?
You can follow three steps-
- Go to the settings option and then press Gripper to the left of the camera name.
- Drag the camera according to you to reorder
- Check the updated multi-cam view by continuously tapping to the camera name on the app until it displays ALL CAMERAS.
2. Is Arlo smart waterproof?
No, we can’t say that Arlo smart is a waterproof camera but it is water-resistant. It can protect itself during the rainy season that makes it an effective device.
3. When does the Logitech circle 2 camera start recording?
Circle 2 does not record when set to privacy mode so make sure you do not keep it on privacy mode. It starts recording when it detects any kind of motion or activity taking place. You can easily find out when it starts recording through the app. It shows the bubbles on the side to show that there is some kind of disturbance going on. When the bubbles are black then there is more intense activity going on and when the bubbles are grey then the activity is of lighter intensity.
After going through all the important details about both the products, you can easily find out what would be the best smart camera for you Arlo Pro or Logitech. Stay safe and alert.