There is a huge scope of home automation in the market today. New brands are coming up with new models due to their increasing demand. There are a variety of smart devices to choose from but it is very important to choose the right kind of smart devices for your home.
You must know what are the smart devices that are popular today. This way, you will know where you are lagging from others and try to buy smart home devices for your home like others are doing.
We have made a list of some commonly controlled home automation devices. Go through it and you will get an idea of the popular devices that you may need for your home.
Controlled Smart Devices
Here are some smart devices that are commonly controlled today.
A. Security Devices
Some smart devices are used for security purposes. These devices add more advanced features in our already existing security system. You can either use one security device individually or link it up with other security devices to work collectively and establish a complete security system for your home.
Some of the important smart security devices are-
1. Smart Security Cameras
These cameras can be placed outside your home to keep a check on whoever comes to your door or if there’s any unusual activity going on outside your home. Make sure you buy the latest available wireless security camera for homes. You can see the footage of your home anytime you want with the help of these cameras. It has recording features as well that can work as evidence in times of an emergency. The list of best security cameras are:
2. Video Doorbell
This smart doorbell lets you see whoever comes to your door with the help of a small screen that captures the video image of the visitor. You can also communicate with the visitor if you like. It will notify you on your smartphone as soon as someone comes to your door. The list of best video are:
|DoorBird WiFi Video Doorbell D101S, Strato Silver Edition||Check Price|
|Arlo Audio Doorbell, White (AAD1001-100NAS)||Check Price|
3. Motion Sensor Floodlights
These floodlights can switch on whenever someone tries to come close to your home. It can scare the burglars away and hence, works as a protection for your home. The list of best motion sensor flood lights:
|Home Zone Security Motion Sensor Light - Outdoor...||Check Price|
|Hyperikon LED Security Light with Motion Sensor, Outdoor...||Check Price|
|Amico 3 Head LED Security Lights with Motion Sensor,...||Check Price|
4. Smart Locks
These locks are password protected and have got a strong encryption standard. These locks can be enabled as soon as you move out of your home and you would not have to worry about locking your home before leaving. You can easily control the smart lock through your smartphones. The list of best smart locks:
5. Smart Lightning Devices
There are smart lightening devices that can detect your presence and automatically switch on the light when necessary. They can also add to your security as the burglars stay away from properly lighted homes. There are smart lights with timers, motion sensors, and time-schedules that you can adjust as per your requirements. They will switch on and off according to your preferred time. If you want a lighted home when you come back from office then these smart devices can help you. They will automatically switch on as soon as you enter your home as they have the motion-sensing features. They can also connect to your smart locks and switch off as soon as you lock your home.
Some of the common Smart Lightning devices are-
- Motion Sensor Floodlights- Motion sensor floodlights can switch on as soon as anyone comes close to our home. It can scare away the burglars. Burglars often avoid going in properly lighted homes. It can also automatically switch on as soon as you enter your home as it detects your motion quickly.
- Smart light bulb- Smart light bulbs are energy-saving lightbulbs that work on very low power and you can set timers and schedulers on these bulbs. These bulbs can easily connect to your smartphones and then you can control the lightening of your home through your smartphones.
The list of best smart lightening solutions:
6. Smart Thermostats
Smart thermostats are devices that can control the temperature of your home. Earlier, you had to control your room temperature regularly. Now, your temperature can automatically set in with the help of smart thermostats. It schedules itself according to your preferred time. It is also a convenient device as it informs you about our energy consumption. Smart Thermostats have become common in the current times as people find smart thermostats much comfortable and energy-saving.
Some of the smart thermostats commonly used are-
- Nest- Nest Smart Thermostats have got a Wi-Fi connection. It can easily observe your home habits and adapt its functions according to that. It can automatically control, the temperature of your home. It can work on timers as well.
- Ecobee3- Ecobee3 has got the same features as Nest but it more popular among the masses as it is slightly cheaper than Nest.
The list of best smart home thermostats:
|Google Nest Learning Thermostat - Programmable Smart...||Check Price|
|Sensi Touch Smart Thermostat by Emerson with Touchscreen...||Check Price|
7. Entertainment Devices
Today, you can entertain yourself being at home itself. There are all the smart entertainment devices you can easily install in your home and then enjoy the leisure time with your family. These smart entertainment devices are technologically far ahead of your existing entertaining devices and that’s why getting so popular.
Some of the smart entertainment devices are-
- Smart T.V- A smart T.V has got many more new features than the older models. Smart T.V’s has got recording features and it can work on Wi-Fi connection as well.
- Smart Speakers- Smart speakers are easy to install. You can easily play your favorite songs during get-togethers, house warming parties, family time, etc. It creates a separate folder of songs for every mood and can play the songs according to the occasion. You can easily control the smart speakers through your smartphones and it responds to your voice commands as well.
- Movie projectors- What could be more interesting if you can create a home theatre at your home with the help of the new smart movie projectors.
8. Smart Hub
Some go for the installation of an individual device or several smart devices for their home, while some go for the complete smart hub. It is where you connect all your smart devices to a single connection and the devices work following each other. You can get the full control of all the functioning of your home through your smartphones today. These smart hubs provide you a single place from where all your smart devices can be connected and pass data amongst each other. It is essential in a smart home.
Some of the common Smart Hub system today are-
- Amazon Echo- Amazon Echo is a smart hub provided by Amazon that can create a smart set-up in your home. It connects to all your smart devices and can work on your voice commands.
- Google Home- Google Home is another very popular smart hub in the market. It has got the same features as Amazon Echo but a lot of people find it more reliable than Amazon.
- Samsung SmartThings- Samsung SmartThings is another popular smart hub system. It has got the same features as Amazon Echo and Google Home.
The list of best smart hubs for a smart home:
If you run an Airbnb, have you ever thought of installing the best smart home devices for your Airbnb, we got you covered
1. What are the things we should check before buying any home automation device for ourselves?
There are some really obvious things to keep in mind before you buy any home automation device for yourself like- cost, compatibility, quality, insurance, functions, and safety. You should research more about that device and then make a well-informed decision.
2. Do people use such home automation devices regularly?
It depends on you. You can also take some breaks from using it for a while and try another alternative option. Although, people rarely like to take a break from these smart devices.
3. Are Home Automation Devices easy to install?
Some Home Automation Devices like the Smart Bulbs, Smart Speakers, Smart appliances are very easy to install. While there are some devices like Smart Thermostats and Smart TV’s that can need a professional to get installed. Just make sure you have the best IFTTT devices installed at your home to automate it easily.