It’s obvious to get confused between SimCam 1S vs Nest Cam IQ. After all, it’s about securing of your beautiful home. The duo you are ambiguous about is tried and tested in various conditions and are analyzed, compared, and reviewed below. Both the smarties look alike but are purposed for varied requirements, so to avoid confusion, let us create a comparison between SimCam 1S and No products found..
When it comes to our opinion, we will prefer SimCam 1S over the other one. It is because it does not include any subscription fees and give all its advanced and full-fledged feature free of cost. Keeping its operating conditions in mind, it can also survive hot, humid, and cold climates at the same time. But there are a lot more features scattered across the two devices. Let’s discuss this in detail.
Sim Cam 1S Vs Nest Cam IQ: Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Simcam 1S||Nest Cam IQ|
|Operating Temperature||-4° To 122° F||32 To 104°F|
|Video Resolution||1080p HD||1080p HD|
|Frames Per Second||30 FPS||30 FPS|
|Dimension||4.7 X 2.8 X 2.8 In.||4.9 X 2.9 In.|
|On-Demand Live View||Yes||Yes|
|Record Live View||Yes||With Nest Aware|
|Field of View||100° + 360° Pan with A Gimbal Stabilizer.||130° Diagonal|
|Optional Power Source||N/A||N/A|
|Motion Zones||Yes||With Nest Aware|
|Internet Connection||Wi-Fi: 2.4ghz Or 5ghz||Wi-Fi: 2.4ghz Or 5ghz|
|Requires A Base Station||No||No|
|24/7 Recording||Yes||With Nest Aware|
|Local Backup Storage||Yes||No|
|Cloud Storage||Free||3-Hour Snapshot History or With Nest Aware|
|Review, Share, & Save||Yes||With Nest Aware|
|e911 Emergency Call||No||Yes|
|Instant App Alerts||Yes||Yes|
|App Support||Android, iOS||Android, iOS, Web|
|Weather-Resistant||Indoor & Outdoor||Indoor Use Only|
|Amazon Alexa||Echo Show, Echo Spot||Echo Show, Echo Spot|
|Google Home Hub||Yes||Yes|
|Rating on Amazon||4.7||4|
|Price||Check Price||No products found.|
1. Motion Zones
You can call it another modern feature which enables you to take care of a particular zone, e.g., a specific room, staircase, garage, etc. You can also call it as a trick to again push you towards the subscription of Nest aware of drawing advantage from your Nest Cam. With SimCam, as always, this feature comes handy and free. You can set a few motion zones with SimCam for free and with Nest you can set multiple but you have to pay for it.
2. Viewing Power
The video resolution, frames per second, and video format are all the same. The differenced is the supersight of Nest. Nest comes with a unique viewing ability, which is referred to as supersight. The No products found. from google supports supersight feature, which enables it to automatically zoom in and out within its surveillance area whenever motion is detected to have a careful and appropriate look over the minute details. It can zoom up to 12 times. So, your kids are being watched closely, and the strangers are leaving clues unwillingly.SimCam 1S also can zoom, but such automation is not there yet. Hence, SimCam stands nowhere, making Nest the winner in this aspect.
3. Coverage Area
Despite tons of similarities, they face stiff competition when it comes to their viewing area. Their primary viewing field differs only with 30 degrees, but a mechanical part that can be purchased separately with SimCam can change the whole game. The Nest cam provides a wide angle of 130 degrees, which is more than the sim cam’s view of 100 degrees.
But, here, if a gimble stabilizer is included in SimCam, the camera will transform into an intelligent human eye. It will provide a full 360-degree self-rotating view and can follow a stranger at all ends. Hence it overcame the traditional standard limitation of any surveillance device, i.e., its limited reach. So, the winner here is the revolutionary feature of SimCam.
4. Weather-ResistanceSimCam 1S is an all-weather camera that can also be proved by its IP rating of IP54, which certifies its functioning in most outdoor situations, i.e., temperature ranging from -4 degree to 122 degrees.
On the other hand, No products found., as the name suggests, are meant only for indoor use and can work with temperature ranging from 32 to 104 degrees. So, in terms of flexibility allowed to climate, SimCam 1S serves the purpose.
5. Local Storage
Local storage in such cases helps the most when you have a weak wi-fi connection as it acts as backup storage for storing your video and motion clips, thus providing an alternative for cloud storage.
Nest IQ does not come up with such features. Sim cam has a great storage option of micro SD card, which can go up to 128 GB, which will not only provide a dedicated place to store the data but also helps in seamless recording 24/7.
6. Cloud Storage
An easily accessible option to local storage is cloud storage, where we can save recordings and statistics without even using our memory devices.SimCam 1S does not give you any sort of storage plans. It is free of cost. You can consume or access as much data as you want without worrying about limited local storage space and expenses. No products found. here gives a twist. It provides free access for a certain amount of duration, thereby pushing us to buy the subscription of Nest aware. If you want to go with what is available free, then Nest provides a 3-hour snapshot worth of history. But if you’re going to play safe and secure, you can avail one of the plans of Nest Aware and enjoy unlimited storage with tons of other features, but all of this comes free with your sim cam. SimCam is the winner in this segment also.
Keeping all the factors, features, functionalities apart, we all demand a beautiful, light, compact, and stylish thing to merge our show-off behavior with it. We will take a look at the size, weight, design, color, and flexibility available with each camera.
Simcam is a rectangular shaped cam with vertices being rounded and a tiny neck and looks traditional TV screen-like, bulky, and fat from its face. Its dimension is 4.7 x 2.8 x 2.8 inches. It comes with two colors, i.e., black and white. Both of them look great, while with the white color, you can notice a combination of colors where the inner part around the lens remains black only.
Talking about the Nest cam, it appears completely different. With the dimension of 4.9 X 2.9 in., it is clear how thin it is that there is no third dimension. The same is the case with its base. The face is perfect round-shaped and hemispherical at the back with the lens at the center and the branding just below it. It has a long and thin neck, and speakers are at the end. It comes in only one white color.
Now, no one can be a winner here as it completely depends upon your taste and preferences about which design you like. Don’t forget to mention it in the comments below.
8. Object Detection
The feature we fell in love with. SimCam 1S allows you to take care of a specific thing that you want to secure like you want your wallet to be taken special care. You can do it. Just use the feed interface, make a boundary around it, and secure it. Now, you will get alert right on your phone each time that thing is moved.
No such feature can be seen in the case of your No products found.. One more time, sim made it, and Nest broke the deal.
With this app, you can integrate all your smart home devices and appliances at a single platform in an interactive manner so that you don’t need to open every app for alerts, updates, notifications, etc. thereby saving time and making it convenient.
Nest cam supports this feature, but SimCam does not.
With this, nest cam proved to be handier.
10. Sound Detection
Sound detection feature is what makes this Cam different from others. It enables us to listen to the happenings of that place, also just like a video on your phone. It records all the noise of the surroundings so you can hear the barking of your pet or thundering noise construction work. Keeping them aside, it can help you is certain situations and may also serve as a significant clue or evidence if something goes wrong.
This feature is supported by No products found., making it a surveillance device of the next generation. But it is not there with SimCam 1S. For another time, Nest cam served the purpose.
1. Person Detection
The cams you are confused about are intelligent enough to make a difference between a person and a thing. Thanks to AI. Whenever a person is detected, it sends alert and notifies you.
2. Night Vision
Suspicious things and thieves are made for night-time, right? But so, your camera is. Both the cams support night vision so that you sleep tension-free.No products found. supports invisible infrared 940 nm LED, which can illuminate up to 25 feet, which means your whole darkroom is guarded by an unseen camera light.
SimCam has an in-built infrared starlight night vision technology, which makes a person’s face up to 50 feet far clearly visible in total dark. The ISP sensors clarify image details in dim or no light situations and create high-contrast footage and reduce the motion blur.
3. Power Options
Call it a limitation or a similarity. Both the smarties can be connected only via AC and not by DC batteries, solar power, or wirelessly.
4. On-Demand Live View
With this feature, you can remotely access and get a virtual home tour from anywhere in the world without any glitch or lag. No matter you have android or iOS, your desire to keep an eye on your property will always be fulfilled. As stated in the table above, both of them give you a full HD quality video of 30 FPS with the video format of H.264. So, a clear and accurate look can be experienced from both the cameras.
5. Motion Detection
Whenever a motion is detected within the view field of the Cam, it sends an alert to the phone via an app. The camera Works both at day and night 24/7 and can also see-through window and alert a motion outside our home.
Both the cams support 2.4GHZ wi-fi connection as well as a 5GHz connection, which makes the connectivity robust and efficient.
7. Face Recognition
Both of them want to disturb and irritate you less. Therefore, face recognition technology comes into the picture without which there would be no comparison between the two. This technology makes it possible to familiarise with your friends and family and treat them with harmony, not discord. The way they do it is different. Let’s watch it.
With the SimCam, you can create snapshots of the faces you want to familiarise the camera. It will store those faces and will not disturb you by alerts when such faces are detected.
The Nest Cam IQ will learn with time and will take time to complete the drill. You can train your Cam by changing specific settings by which whenever a new face is detected. It will ask you if it is a companion or a stranger. In a few days, it will identify all of them and will remember and store then in its brain. But a big twist here is, this feature requires the Nest aware subscription just like many of its modern features.
8. Two-Way Audio
With this feature, your Cam is a communication device in itself, just like a phone. It has two-fold benefits.
Suppose, you are out and watching your children from Cam who is secretly going to the fridge to eat chocolates, you can straight away warn them from the speaker of the Cam—no need to call them separately.
Secondly, you are out and at night from the mobile app of Cam you spot a thief trying to enter your home, you can just say I am calling the cops, and the thief will get scared and leave the house immediately. So, the feature is useful to monitor both the insiders and the outsiders.
9. Smart Home Integration
Just like any other smart appliance or application these days, both the cams also support the following technologies when paired with google hub, echo spot, and echo dot.
- Amazon Alexa
- Google assistant
It gives it the power to be more self-reliant, autonomous, and smart. You can experience complete control, and they will not work on your tips; rather, they will work according to your voice. So, no labor is required at all.
Features And Technical Specification Of SimCam 1S
- Dimension: 4.7in. X 2.8in. X 2.8in. (121mm X 72mm X 72mm)
- Weight: 0.5lbs (245g)
- Colour Options: White and Black
- Cable Length: 9.8ft (3m)
- Extension Cable Length: 9.8ft (3m)
- Compatibility: Android and iOS
- No. of cams supports: Multiple cameras
- Resolution: 1080P
- FPS: 30 FPS
- Zoom: 4X digital zoom
- Viewing area: 120 degree
- Focal Length: 3.6mm
- F/N: 2.5
- Dual Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n 2.4GHz & 5GHz with at least 2Mbps upload speed.
- AC Adapter Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 0.65A
- AC Adapter Output: 12V DC, 1A
- Camera Input: 12V 1A
- Warranty:12 months limited warranty
- Night Vision: As stated earlier, the high-end 50 nm infrared LEDs with IR cut filter allows a high contrast, clear, and accurate night vision and makes the video just like the one in daylight. At the same time, it is invisible to anyone.
- Pan: This is the point where you can genuinely say innovation met intelligence. A mere mechanical pan made the whole camera win all sorts of competition. A gimble stabilizer adds an eye to the Cam by allowing much flexibility to rotate 360 degrees automatically and follow the stranger’s directions.
- Tilt: You can easily tilt the camera (manually) from -22 degrees to 22 degrees.
- Weather conditions: The Cam is rated IP54, which means that it can survive in a humid climate but cannot sustain in heavy rain as drops may pour in. To be more specific, it can function properly between -4 ℉ – 122 ℉ ( -20 ℃ – 50 ℃). According to its built quality and design, it is for indoor use, but it can be equally efficient for outdoor uses unless temperatures are too extreme or unpredictable. Hence, it is an all-rounder.
- Mic and speaker: It has two-way audio, which makes it evident that it has an in-built mic and speaker. 8OM 1W Speaker and Sims Mic are installed with noise and echo suppression technology and which makes it identical to any other communication device such as phone. Its 100dB Siren ensures that whether you are aware of there or not, your Cam will handle the responsibility by itself by playing its high siren sound. Therefore, no one can touch your Cam and make changes. It gives us no excuse to treat it ordinary.
- Storage: With its SMB-based NAS storage ability, it can store the whole recording in a cloud-based service so that your backup is ready even before you record data. It also supports free local storage via any Micro SD card up to 128GB with great encryptions. You can now experience a continuous recording and access and analyze it quickly and without any further expense.
- Geofencing: You must be encountering this doubt at the back of your head. So, let’s clear it. This Cam will automatically switch the recording and alerts off when you arrive back at home.
- Share access- You can make sub-accounts and share them with your entire family to share access over the Cam with them.
- Detections: Person Detection Distance: up to 60ft (18m)
Facial Recognition Distance: up to 18ft (5.5m)
Car Detection Distance: up to 20ft (6m)
Pet Detection Distance: up to10ft (3m)
the Cam can intelligently make a difference between what it encounters all day and hence ensures the false alerts are not sent. With a person detection feature, it will alert you only when a real person other than the one familiarised with intrudes in your home and ignores stuff like a bug or a tree leaf.
- Facial recognition helps it in being an integral part of the family by familiarising itself with your loved once and storing their faces so that it treats them with care and not by playing the siren sound and unnecessarily alerting again and again.
- The car detection feature sends you an alert whenever a car is leaving or entering your garage, thereby securing it from thieves.
- Your Cam not only secures your house from thieves but also protects it from your naughty pets. Whenever it passes from the view field of the camera, you will be alerted.
Features & Technical Specification Of Nest Cam IQ
No products found.
- Dimensions: 4.9in. X 2.9in. X 2.9in (12.4 cm. X 7.4 cm. X 7.4 cm)
- Weight: 12.6 oz (357 g)
- Colour: White
- Power Cable Length: 10′ / 3 m
- AC/DC: AC power adapter
- Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz, 0.65A
- Output: 15V DC, 1.87A
- Camera Input: 5V DC, 1.0A
- Language supported: English, French, Dutch, Spanish, German
- Connectivity: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi; WEP, WPA, WPA2 encryption supported and 802.15.4 (2.4GHz), Bluetooth Low Energy
- Processor: 6-Core Processor
- Warranty: Two-year limited warranty
- Camera: 1/2.5 inch
- 4K color sensor
- 12x digital zoom
- Video: Up to 1080p (1920 x 1080)
- 30 frames/sec
- H.264 encoding
- Lights: LED light ring and Status Light
- App name: Nest
- Compatibility: Android and iOS
- Rating on play store: 4.3 out of 5
- No. of cams supports: Multiple cameras
- 0ffered by Nest Labs Inc.
- Any other app: google home
- Security: 128-Bit AES with TLS/SSL
- 800 to 2000 kb/s of Upload Bandwidth;
- 150 to 300 GB of Upload Bandwidth per Month (with nest subscription)
- Google assistant: Nest cam is now the next-gen. It has a built-in google assistant. Yes, the one you have on your phone or google home. Now, maybe you are not believing or thinking of verifying it on other sites, but let me make it clear to you, it works correctly as any other voice assistant.
- Two -way audio: Needless to mention it as it is an integral part of the above feature. But with noise and echo suppression, it has a 3-microphone array and 7x more powerful speaker than Nest Cam Indoor (another model form google).
- Cloud storage: With the subscription of Nest Aware, you can get cloud storage with encryptions, so you don’t need to change your memory card at all the time can enjoy a ton of other features that make them not only smart but also intelligent.
- It is on every time: What if the batteries of Cam got over at night and the same night burglars made an entry? Don’t worry. Your batteries don’t work with the Cam. It is plucked into a socket so that it remains strict and alert every time and never miss a moment. But you were at a deep sleep and couldn’t hear those alerts. Here comes the 3-hour snapshot history feature. And unlike most of the features, it is subscription-free. You can see what happened in the past three hours with the help of multiple footages.
What’s In The Box?
- 1 X Camera
- 1 X Power Cable
- 1 X Power Adapter
- 1 X Wall Mount
- 1 X QuickStart Guide
- 1 X Screwdriver
- Cable Clips
- Wall Anchors
Nest Cam IQ Indoor
- 1 X Nest Cam IQ camera
- 1 X Power adapter
- 1 X Power cable
- 1 X Quick Start Guide
- Wall mount
- Plasterboard anchors
- Cable clips with nails
Overview Of SimCam 1SSimCam 1S can be referred to as a cost-effective yet modern and a must-have companion that looks at our home from inside and never miss any detail. Features such as pan and tilt give us much flexibility to customize it surrounding to the place at which we want it to guard.
With ultra-smart AI, it can easily detect and differentiate between a pet, a car, a person, and a stranger. The design indicates its use for indoor purposes, but it can work in extreme temperatures except for heavy rain. It has also got two-way audio through which you can interactively communicate with your loved ones and even warn burglars from anywhere in the world.
It functions equally well in the situation of complete darkness. It also keeps its work to hold when you are at home and hence doesn’t disturb you with its alerts all the time. To keep pace with the continually innovating world, it frequently brings updates to its app. To ensure long term satisfaction of customers, it is compatible with the most popular technologies of the world, such as Google assistant, Alexa, IFTTT, etc. to have a quick look at its net worth, the following points should be considered.
Overview Of Nest Cam IQ
No products found.No products found., a google made smart device, is a holistic device which has all the necessary features included in it. This fully packed system allows you to talk through the camera from the phone app due to its two-way audio feature. It has an ultra-loud siren that scares anyone trying to intrude in house. Not only this, but it also supports 12X zoom, which is way beyond the industry standards.
Not only it gives you real-time alerts, but it also shows you the past three hours of recording in snapshots. With the subscription of nest aware, you can access cloud storage of your entire recording anytime and anywhere. The invisible night light allows the cam to work as smoothly as it works in the day time. It can talk in 6 international languages, including English and Spanish. With its massive span of view of 130 degrees, it can easily cover your entire room.
Whenever it detects motion, it automatically zooms in to provide the minute details of the happenings. The cam changed the game will change your decisions too when you experience its google assistant feature. The app is frequently updated, and each update brings a significant change. Following points may prove to be the golden words for making or breaking the deal.
No, you don’t have to do the setup again and again. Once the Cam and app are set up, you can plug and unplug it anytime, and the Cam will automatically continue its streaming.
Whenever your Cam gets offline due to any reason, it sends you a notification stating the same.
SimCam 1S is extremely fast as it can detect a person’s face in 30 milliseconds, i.e., less than a second.
Yes, it can perform all AI-based features at the same time, such as car detection, pet detection, person detection, etc.
The in-depth analysis of the above two cams stated than none of them is less competitive. Both of them share a ton of similarities and a bunch of differences. Both of them are purposed to meet the same objective, but they vary in the way they do it. None of then proved to be the perfect one as it depends upon the nature of the place where it will be placed.