We all know the importance of texting. Nothing can be done in the world without texting. However, at times, you may receive an error message not sent invalid destination address. It happened to me the other day, and I could not send an important message to my friend.
I needed to find how to get the message across to him at any cost to avoid misunderstanding. This is when I spend some time on Verizon’s support page and I have written this guide. This post is based on the effort I took to get the issue fixed and fix the error.
How To Fix Error Message Not Sent Invalid Destination Address?
When you try to send a text, though, they don’t always work together. This is why you can receive the “Warning Not Sent Invalid Destination Address” notice.
Finding a reason to prevent texts from being sent at random will ensure that failures do not arise. The procedures to resolve this problem are outlined below. It would assist you in eliminating the error in a matter of a few seconds.
Step 1: There isn’t enough money in your account
Every interaction through the phone line needs money in one’s account. Confirm your status by signing in to one’s Verizon profile. Users might enter the code issued by their mobile operator to get:
- actual amount
- Internet consumption.
Verizon notifies you when you’re about to have less money, thus keep an eye on your SMS for such alerts.
Step 2: Shortcodes aren’t enabled by the user’s package.
Since they don’t have premium texting activated. Thus, many mobile packages don’t accept text threads containing shortcodes. However, when one wishes to utilize shortcodes, the best way one could do is tell the receiver to:
- update their plan
- do not use shortcodes at all.
Step 3: The Receiver has changed carriers.
The number you were trying to message might have been disabled and removed from the system. This leaves the text’s destination location incorrect. The only choice is to approach the receiver via a method that does not require their phone number. Such as direct messaging on social media or an e-mail.
Step 4: Disconnect from the phone network and reattach
Follow these procedures to disconnect and re-join:
- Click the Settings icon on your phone.
- Proceed to Network and Wireless.
- Choose mobile networks.
- Choose the appropriate SIM card.
- Select Network mode and select the speed to 2G.
- Allow for the transition to occur. One can tell if their device is on a 2G network by looking at the upper right corner of the screen.
- After a couple of times after it displays EDGE or E, then pick Network mode once more.
- Choose 4G or 5G or perhaps the network users were on before the switch.
- Allow for the completion of the transfer.
Step 5: Take out your SIM card and again put it.
The SIM card is located on the device’s sides. Look for the space along with a little hole next to it. To remove the tray of SIM:
- Use a pin that is inserted inside the small hole.
- Remove the SIM card.
- Place the SIM into its tray back after waiting one-two min.
- Re-insert the SIM card inside the device after it has been placed correctly on the tray.
- You should restart your phone.
- Lastly, send the same text to the person after doing the entire process.
Step 6: Flight Mode can be enabled and disabled.
To activate Flight mode on Android, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings on your phone.
- Select connections on the top right from the drop-down menu.
- Activate the Flight mode.
- Hold on a minute before turning off the mode.
Step 7: For iPhone/iPad
- Slide downwards from the upper corner of the device on iPhone X.
- To activate the flight mode, click the plane symbol.
- Hold on a minute before turning off the mode.
Step 8: Remove the Cache
For Android, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings icon.
- Choose the apps tab.
- Go down to the Chat icon and pick it.
- Select either storage or clear cache from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select General > iPhone Storage from the drop-down menu.
- Click “Offload App” after choosing the Messaging app.
- From the pop-up box, choose “Offload App.”
Step 9: Buy a fresh and new SIM card
Many people said that their problems were fixed when they have replaced their SIM cards.
Step 10: Please contact the customer service department
If you have problems with:
- troubleshooting procedures
- phone service
Please contact Verizon support.
How To Fix Error Message Not Sent Invalid Destination Address On Verizon?
Verizon’s brand has been strengthened within its intended population. For those in need of phone services, this network provider has proven to be a good option. There are many problems with texting, one being an incorrect destination address issue. The delivering and getting of messages will be affected by this mistake.
The steps to fix this issue is the same as mentioned above which include:
Step 1: Inadequate funds
To receive messages, you must have sufficient cash in your account.
Step 2: Preparation
There is a good likelihood the recipient doesn’t have a way to obtain messages via short codes. One should be aware that Verizon does not allow code to be sent in texts. As a result, be cautious. Furthermore, users will get the incorrect destination location warning. If somehow the end person’s mobile number is disconnected or turned off. In this scenario, one should pause for a little and then attempt texting again.
Step 3: The problem of the destination address
When people change carriers from one connection to another, this problem generally happens. There are chances of this problem if the software has not modified your information.
Step 4: Contact Verizon
Sometimes the solutions and suggestions do not resolve the incorrect destination address issue. Then there is a possibility that things are problematic with the networking. Once you contact them, they will examine your system and offer particular solutions.
Step 5: SIM Card
It does not force you to modify the mobile number; simply visit a Verizon store and request a SIM card switch.
Step 6: Clear Cache
The texting app’s cache must be emptied. You have to click the texting app from the settings and remove the cache.
How To Fix Error Message Not Sent Invalid Destination Address On Android?
Step 1: Examine the message’s delivery report
Through this one may check whether the text was sent from your mobile or it has arrived on the recipient’s phone. To achieve that, visit the Messages app:
- Firstly, tap the 3-dots symbol
- Then click on settings and then on advanced
- Lastly, click on ‘Get SMS delivery reports’ to actively start it.
Step 2: Duplicate and resent the text
When a text has not been delivered, the second-best option is to check whenever one could submit it once more.
Step 3: Check whether the contact information of the receiver is accurate
One should check the sender’s mobile number to see whether it’s correct or if one or two numbers are missing. Try to see whether the code of the country differs from yours. If individuals are in separate nations, simply put the real country code.
Step 4: Verify to check whether the recipient has been blocked
- Open the spam
- Click on blocked and then tap on more
- Select blocked contacts in the Messages app
- Lastly, delete the number that you have blocked.
Step 5: To get the most recent version of the Messages app, go to Google Play. It has a new version of the Messages app.
Step 6: Delete the Texts app’s cache
Hold the icon and select the ‘I’ icon. To erase the cache, click the Store & cache and tap on ‘Clear cache.’
Step 7: Remove the contact and then re-add it
One could remove a contact by simply visiting the:
- Contacts icon
- Then, navigating to More
- Thereafter select on delete,
- Afterward hit delete again just to verify the process.
- Users could put the contact once again by dialing the phone number and entering it as a new number in the Phone app.
Step 8: Select Messages as the primary Texting app when you’re running a third-party app
Click in ‘Set as default chat app’ in the Messages app.
Step 9: Check to see if the provider you use enables SMS/RCS communications.
Texting is not accepted by several providers. To see if your provider accepts then go to their site.
Step 10: Ensure you’re linked to a strong mobile network
Then click on about phone
Tap on SIM status to verify the signal quality.
Step 11: Activate Flight mode and then deactivate it
Scroll downwards on your main screen to access Quick Settings. Then hit the Flight mode icon to switch it off for some moments.
Step 12: Restart your device
Click the power button and then press the ‘Restart’ button.
Step 13: Force close the Texts icon and reopen it
Click on the testing icon, then press the ‘I’ icon, lastly tap the ‘Force shut.’
How To Fix Error Message Not Sent Invalid Destination Address On Pixel 6?
Step 1: Firstly, click on settings and then on apps and notifications.
Step 2: Then, press force stop, storage, and clear cache before returning to settings.
Step 3: Further, tap on the network and internet.
Step 4: Then click on mobile network, advanced, and access point names respectively.
Step 5: Click on there are 3 dots in the top right, then reset to default.
Lastly, restart your device
What Does Invalid Destination Address Mean When Texting?
It signifies that the location to which you were sending the text was incorrect.
This could indicate that the:
- the receiver is not permitted to get the message you are delivering them
- that the user’s service is down.
This usually means that the operator has disabled the sending of short codes text. It’s also possible that they’re preventing people from delivering texts to shortcodes. The following are some of the reasons for this problem:
- The mobile is of a prepaid customer who is unable to get SMS text due to lack of cash.
- The user is not set up to get SMS from any short codes or any particular short codes.
- It’s usually because of a faulty SIM card.
How do I fix an invalid destination address?
Applying extra credit to the account will solve the problem. That is of the “Message Cannot Send Incorrect Destination Location” problem. Even if the account does not have enough credit. Then, the recipient may not have been permitted to get short codes texts.
What does it mean when your text says invalid destination address?
This issue can occur for several factors. The most common of which is that the receiver of the text is not allowed to accept short codes in their texts.
What does message not send invalid message mean?
This could indicate that the receiver is not permitted to get the text you are delivering them. Or that the user’s connection is down.
What does an invalid destination address mean on Android?
It signifies that the location to which users were attempting to deliver the text was wrong.
In today’s era, there is an advancement in technology. People are using text messages more as compared to calling someone over the phone. More and more people are moving towards using electronic gadgets. So, it is important and as well as beneficial for them to be aware of the issues that come with these gadgets. As every problem comes with a solution. There are solutions to fix error messages by not sending invalid destination addresses.