Tinting windows is one of the necessary things to do as they help in protecting the skin from harmful UV rays, dust particles, and pollution. They also help with solar heat rejection and can keep the color of the car from fading so having a tinted window with rain guards is a must. If you are confused for the method of using tint windows with rain guards then we have a complete guide for you.
How To Tint Windows With Rain Guards?
Tinting windows with rain guards protect in keeping the sun rays away from your face and body as the UV rays can harm the skin. Study the manual to learn how to tint windows with rain guards.
Total Time: 26 minutes
1. Study out the Rules about Window Tints in your State/City
It is important to check the manual before tinting the windows as the rules are different from state to state. These laws are made on how dark the window tins can be so check the rules to know if your state/city has a different rule
2. Select the Sort of Tint You need for Application
Following are the several types of tints general in the market and on web portal stores. Check them out and select one that fits your car and requirements.
3. Rinse/ wash the windows entirely before you start the process
Make sure to rinse or cleanse the window before tinting, for that make use of a glass window cleaner to get freed of pigments and other particles present on the car and windows.
4. Rinse the Window And Roll out the Film
After cleaning the window use a lint-free cleaning cloth to wipe the wet window and roll the tint film into it. While applying the window tint make sure that it fits with the shape and size of your window.
5. Using The Application Solution
Take the use of the liquid solution, sprinkle or spread it on the exterior of the car window to stick the film tint properly. Do not ignore checking the liquid after you spread it.
6. Roll Out The Film Tint
To set the film tint, roll it out and place it on the liner of the car window in a way that the side peels off. After rolling it out neat the liner a bit and hold it in a place where it does not come out.
7. Create the Film In the Form according to the Window
Once you roll out the film, trim the shape of the sheet and compose the figure of the window. Start cutting from the bottom of the window and move to other sides. You will have to cut the film at least half an inch from the other borders of the window.
8. Roll Down The Window
Leave the measured half-inch and cut the remaining part from the edge of the window. If you find patches or fingerprints on the film then squeegee them. After you squeegee them and how it turned out to be then you can take the film off from the window
9. Peel The Liner Off And Apply Film
Skin the liner from the film and spread it to the inside of the window after that remove the extra liner or cut it put after you apply the film on the window. By placing masking tape on one side of the tint using the application solution. Use a scraper edge to attach the film to the window so that it does not come out.
10. Release the Bubbles Inside the Window Tint
The last step is to release the drips that usually come after sticking the tint on the car’s window. To release the bubbles, squeegee the bubbles and streaks of a line and let them fit into the window.
- Car wash to wash the windows
- Film tint
- Application solution
- Scissors/blade to cut the film tint
- Cleaning Cloth
Can You Put Tint On With Rain Guards?
Window Tint can be put with rain guards by following a few steps:
- Read the instructions of the state/city you are living in to check if anything is different from the dark window rules.
- Prefer the tint that fits the car and needs.
- Wash/ clean the windows before starting the process, to wash the tint you can use glass window cleaner.
- Wipe the wet window with a lint-free cleaning cloth and roll out the film tint on.
- It make sure that it fits in the window by checking the length and size of the tint
- To stick the film properly, use an application solution on the outside of the window
- Set the film tint by rolling it out on the window liner side and using the squeegee
- Form the fill in a way that matches the car window by moving from the bottom to the sides
- Cut the remaining film after you roll it out till you reach the top by leaving half-inch of the window
- You can also take the heat gun in use to shape and rub the film as it fits on the window.
- After doing so, take the film from the window
- Start peeling the liner off and apply the film on the inside and then release the liner from the tint.
- By using masking tape at the side of the sheet
- Rub out the bubbles and scratches from the liner
What If It Rains After I Tint My Windows?
Rain does not damage or affect the tint on the window as they are placed on the inside, but if you have a rain guard then it will not affect both sides of the windows as a rain shield is already placed on the window of your car.
But if you do not have a guard and have a tint on the inside window then keep the windows in check as open windows can affect the tint placed on a window. And if it happens keep the windows open for a day so that the moisture will get dry from the window.
What Are Slimline Weather shields?
Slimline weather shields help in restricting the entry of wind and water while someone drives with their window in an open place. Weather shields also help in reducing the mirror fog and noise that comes from the outside so that the person who is driving does not get dragged by that.
They are made of top-notch quality glasses that help in keeping the UV rays distanced from the skin helps in causing less damage. Slimline weather shields not only save the person from getting harmful UV rays but also improve the car aerodynamics when the windows are open and allow the person to drive in open windows for proper ventilation.
Placing a tinted window with raining guards can be helpful as the rain will not damage or affect both sides of the window tint. If you were also wondering that is placing a rain guard on a window tint is hard then we hope that this guide was of some help. While following the steps go through the guide so that the chances get decreased for any wrong step that can happen as placing a proper window tint is important.