I know a friend who recently had a theft at her home. She wanted my opinion about a worthy doorbell device that can help her stop thefts and enable her to monitor her property as she is constantly traveling throughout the month. I recommended the Eufy video doorbell as it came highly rated.
Besides, users have provided opulent reviews about the product. You can monitor your home round-the-clock and even pre-record messages in real time if somebody is at your doorstep. When you are new to installing a doorbell, then worry not.
We have got you covered and have compiled a list of steps that you need to follow for you to install your Eufy doorbell. If you are wondering how to set up Eufy doorbell, then here is how you can do it.
Installing The Eufy Video Doorbell:
Here we begin with how to install the Eufy Smart Doorbell:
- Turn off the main power supply of your house, as you will have to work with wires that are directly connected to the power unit.
- Test the chimes by ringing your current doorbell.
- Open the cover of your doorbell chime.
- Use the wire from the Eufy Doorbell set to connect the two terminals in it, namely the Trans and Front screws.
- Now you can remove the old doorbell. Then pull out the wires and make sure that they are not touching each other.
- Now use the screw hole card from the pack to mark holes for the screws of your Eufy Doorbell and then drill by following the directions in the user manual (you may even require to put up a mounting bracket to adjust the view and the wall anchors if the wall is of brick or concrete).
- Insert the screws and fit them into the screw holes.
- Now you will have to connect the two wires to the terminals on the Eufy Doorbell (make sure you have removed the film off the back of the doorbell surface).
The doorbell is now connected to the power supply, and you can restore the power from your main supply. After the above steps are done perfectly, the doorbell will flash Yellow as soon as it gets power. You will have to connect your doorbell to the EufySeurity application after this.
Setting Up The Eufy Doorbell In The App:
Following the hardware installation, you should set up your EufySecurity application, which can be downloaded from Google Play or the AppStore:
- Create or log in to your EufySecurity account.
- Add your doorbell in the app using Add Device option.
- You will then be asked to scan the QR code on your Eufy Doorbell.
- Select your region and then follow through with the set of instructions for accurate installation.
- After this, the application will start a voltage diagnosis for the doorbell.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions and hold down the button of your doorbell for at least five seconds, after which you will hear a ringtone. Then tap on I’ve heard the Ringtone in the app.
- Allow the application to detect the device’s location.
- After this, you will be asked to turn on your device’s Bluetooth.
- If everything is done as required, you will receive a notification that your transformer is capable of powering the doorbell. Else, you will need to contact Eufy customer support to troubleshoot the issues.
- Click on Next to proceed.
- After this, you will see the step in which you will have to connect the doorbell to your house’s WiFi. Enter the details, and you’re done!
Adding Chime To The Doorbell:
- Connect the chime to the power supply, and then you will see a solid blue light flashing.
- In your EufySecurity app, tap on the Chime Lights up button.
- Press the Sync button located on the Chime for about two seconds and tap Connect in the application, and then Done.
This step has successfully added the chime to your Eufy Doorbell.
Setting Up Your 1080P Battery Doorbell In The Eufy Security App:
To add a 1080P battery-powered doorbell, you will be required to set up the WiFi chime first, which can be easily done by following the identical steps, like that in the case of adding the chime (tap on Add device, select your WiFi chime, follow through the instructions, then press the Sync button for two seconds, hit next and then enter your WiFi details).
- Open the Add device option in your EufySecurity app and scan the QR code of the battery doorbell.
- Select the desired WiFi chime that is to be linked.
- Press the Sync button on the doorbell, and then you will hear a beep.
- Hit Next in the app, after which the WiFi chime will connect with the 1080P battery doorbell.
Why is my Eufy Doorbell not connecting?
If your Eufy Doorbell is not connecting, then check that your internet router is turned on. The doorbell works on the 2.4 GHz frequency, so make sure that your WiFi is providing an optimum frequency.
Why is my Eufy Doorbell red?
If the light on your Eufy Doorbell turns red, then it indicates a low voltage supply. A breathing red colour indicates that the doorbell is successfully reset.
How do I know the Eufy Doorbell is fully charged?
During charging, the indicator light turns blue, and it turns off when it is fully charged. You can also check the battery status on your Eufy app or Homekit.
Eufy Video Doorbell is a smart choice for those who are willing to transform the basic security mechanism of their house. We have covered the entire talk on how to install your Eufy Video Doorbell System, then link it to the application and connect it to the WiFi. After all, a pretty home security system is just awesome, isn’t it?
Leave a Reply