When parents are not attentive and aware of there children. In such case there Is a high chance of occurrence of poisoning. In order to reduce to chance of poisoning of children you should secure your home because of more than 90 percent of poisoning occurs in the victims Home. Young children have higher probability of getting poisoned because they want to explore the world by touching and tasting. So in order to reduce the risk of accidental poisoning follow the below mention prevention steps.
Steps To Prevent Poisoning
1. Preventing Poisoning From Medicines
- Store all the medicines whether it is prescribed or non-prescribed out of the sight out of and out of reach of children. You should lock them in a cabinet.
- Don’t keep the medicine or any other poisonous items in your purse. If you
- Carry medicine then make sure that it is not accessible to the kids.
- You should keep all the pills in the original containers so nobody gets confused
- taking the pills.
- Maintain record about the pills that how much pills are left in your container
- Never give medicine in the dark to your children because there is the probability
- that you can give the wrong dosage or wrong medicine
- If your children take his or her medicine then supervise them and make sure that they are
- taking the proper dosage.
2. Preventing Poisoning From Cleaning Products And Household Chemicals
- Never keep cleaning products in containers that were in the past used for the food.
- Don’t keep the rat poison on the floor your home. Don’t spray insecticides on the furniture.
- Store all the cleaning products or other chemicals such as detergents, insecticides, aerosols, spray, dishwasher powder, liquid, cake in a locked cabinet.
- Keep all the gardening products such as fertilizers, pesticides in a secure place, which is not accessible by the children. And also store them in a shed in order to maintain the right temperature according to the product
- While cleaning your household don’t leave chemical bottles or buckets unattended.
3. Preventing Poisoning From Alcohols
- Don’t leave an alcoholic drink in place which is accessed by the children.
- Place alcohol bottles in locked cabinets out of children’s reach.
- Many products contain alcohol such as mouthwash, vanilla and almond extract. Because it can be harmful to children.
4. Preventing Poisoning From Others Items
- Keep cosmetic items out of reach of children such as nail paint, shoe polish, perfume, body lotion, hair dye, nail paint remover, etc.
- The alkaline substance is poisonous that is why store discard used button cells and batteries should be kept safely.
- Tress, flower, berries, the mushroom can be poisonous that’s why to keep children away from these.
- Store kerosene, petrol, diesel at a secure place and out of children reach. Because it can be poisonous when it is consumed.
Signs Which Indicates That Child Is Poisoned
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in speaking
- Getting unconscious
- Doing vomiting
Things To Do When Child Is Poisoned
- Swallowed Poison – Make the child spit out any substance left in the child’s mouth.
- Eye Poisoning – Pour room temperature heated water for the 10 minutes on the eye of the child during this process the eye of the child should remain open so that the child’s eye can be cleaned properly.
- Skin Poisoning- – Remove the child’s clothes and pour middle heat water on the skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Inhalation of Poison- Get the child out home in the fresh air as soon as possible.
In order to secure your child from getting poison to check every room of your home. Secure surrounding from the things that can be dangerous. Everything is not full proof when unfortunately your child’s get poisoned, then do the things which is mentioned in the above of the article in the part. Then call the helpline number and take the child to the hospital immediately.