It is very simple and easy to open a locker lock if you know what type of lock you have and the way to open it. But, still, if you have any queries then we have a complete step by step guide to save your time.
3 Different Locks
1. Combination Lock
Combination locks are those locking devices that have a number, letter sequence. These are mainly of two types of the rotatory disc in these locks.
- Multiple dial lock
- Single dial lock
After all this information, you are good to get proceed further ahead. There are various methods to open a lock.
The padlock is one of the easy ones to open up. One of the most common and typical methods. By opening the lock with a set of lock- picks. A padlock is of a different kind. Nowadays there are new padlocks that have finger sensors on the lock.
To unlock that lock, you need to enter the fingerprint into the sensor and it will pop open. You can probably use a paper clip to use. You can use a drill machine to open the padlock. There are some of the padlocks that have combinations on them.
How To Open?
But one of the interesting to open up is the combination lock. For this to open the lock you have to follow some steps to go through. Before you go through the process, check whether your lock has four or three dials.
Step 1: Find The Predetermined Combination
- To unlock the lock, one of the main steps.
- To free the combination or any kind of tension from the lock.
- Pull the little on the shackle to apply a little tension on it to the lock.
- You can do this just by pulling back your fingers or by pulling it downward.
- Now, the shackle has the required tension.
- Move the dial back and forward to know which one.
- Have the three have the most resistance to move smoothly in the clockwise direction.
Step 2: Turn To Your First Number
- After finding the one with the most resistance to rotate.
- Note: Most of the time upper dial has the most resistance or sometimes the lower dial.
- Now you have completed your first step successfully, Your fingers on the shackle. Start to rotate the first dial.
- And observe the shackle behaviour.
- Whether the shackle has the movement or not.
- With the slow rotation and your observation.
- Rotate the dial until you feel the break-in resistance on the dial wheel.
- It can be any number on the dial wheel.
- You will observe that the shackle will move slightly up and down.
- This indicates that you have your first number of the sequence.
- If you still don’t find the first combination.
- Repeat the process and remember to observe the dials and shackle movement.
- Both these play a vital role throughout the whole process.
Step 3: Turn To Your Second Number
- After finding the first number to the sequence.
- It’s time to move towards the next step.
- For that, you have to follow the same procedure.
- Keep the same tension on the shackle.
- And rotate the dial wheel slowly until we feel the change in the resistance.
- There you find the next number to the sequence of the lock.
- Now, move towards the next step.
Step 4: Turn To Your Third Number
- Now, we have completed the hard part of the job easily.
- It’s time to complete the job.
- Remember to put the same tension on the shackle.
- Continue with the same process, until you feel the change in the resistance of the dial wheel of the lock.
Many of us have four dial locks so you all continue the process to the next step also. Now we have got the other two numbers correct it should just be a case of going through each of the digits one by one. Until it pops out.
Step 5: Lock Your Padlock
Now, you all have to unlock the lock with the help of these few simple steps. Always remember to lock it. To keep your thing and good safe in the locker.
Change The Combination Of The Lock
We can change the combination of the lock just in a few simple steps.
- For you to change the combination, your lock must be open.
- If not then open the lock. and if you have forgotten the lock combination.
- Follow the steps to open the lock given above and move towards these steps.
- After that open left the shackle and rotate all the three or four dial wheels to the new numbers.
- Now the dial wheel is free.
- When we close it and change the dial it should be locked.
- Now the lock is set again.
- It’s time to set the new combination to the lock.
- Now, you have completed these steps with ease.
- Put down some new numbers and you have the new sequence to the combination.
- If you still don’t remember the lock.
- Follow the simple steps, open and change the lock combination again.
How Do You Drill Out A Locker Lock?
Now we know how to open a padlock with a combination. But before we move ahead, we must know about the mechanism of the padlock and deadbolt. Padlock and deadbolt haves some minor differences between them.
Both contain some set of springs/pins. That attaches to the mainspring that locks or unlocks the lock mechanism. It depends on the size of the lock whether it has 4 springs or more. Whether they are small in size or big ones.
When you put the key inside the padlock or the deadbolt the key with the specified shape fits in the springs and unlocks the lock. The same goes with the deadbolt, but the major difference is those springs are in a narrow form. so that they can fit in the doors perfectly.
3 Different Ways To Drill The Lock
1. Drill In The Top Of The Keyhole
To drill the lock, you must try to drill in the top of the keyhole. As we drill off the top of the keyhole. All the springs that lock the mechanism will get free.
If you try to drill with this process, maybe one attempt will not be successful but more than one will work out for you. For this, the drill pin must be thinner so that it can easily cut through the lock.
Note: Always try to drill out all the little pins/springs to the bottom.
2. Drill In The Shear Line
You all mostly don’t know about the shear line. This line is present between the top and bottom of the keyhole pin. Now you all know, what a sheer line is. It’s time to move to the process of the drill.
It may be one of the hard ways to drill the lock. For this, as mentioned above slightly thinner drill pin is required. After a few attempts, you can easily unlock the lock.
3. Drill To All The Top Pins
This is one of the easiest and quickest ways to open the lock. you have to know about the lock mechanism, a screwdriver. Ignite the drill and it can easily break all the pins of the lock. And make the process a lot easier for you than you think off.
For deadbolt, just mark the location of the drill. Place the screwdriver above the keyhole. And with the help of the hammer stab the screwdriver to mark the location. Now you can drill all the pins of the deadbolt. And open the lock in a more easy and quicker way.
You can find some good wall-mounted phone storage lockers to store your cell phone and reduce the hassle of finding it again and again.
How To Open A Locker Master Lock?
To open the master lock all you need is a master lock for the locker. And just follow these few simple steps.
Step1: Find The First Number
As we all know that master locks require three combinations to get unlocked. To get that we have to find the first one.
- First of all, try to put light tension on the shackle. And start to spin the wheel.
- Feel that is it free or not? While doing that you have to feel a clicking sound. But if you gonna press the shackle hard the dial will start to catch the clicking after every four on the dial.
- So start with the little tension on the shackle. Now spin the wheel in the clock in the clockwise direction.
- Till you feel nothing. If it is smooth, leave it there.
- Start to apply more tension to the shackle. You slowly start to get a click on the dial.
- Suppose we get a click on the zero.
- You have to keep the tension the same to check whether it will click again on the same position. And if start to put a little more tension on the shackle. You will get a bit loud click sound than the previous.
- Once we found that click adds five to that number. For example, we took zero so 0+5=5
- So our first number is 5.
- After following this, we will get our first number.
Step2: Number Two
Now we have to find our next number to do that we have to rotate the dial anticlockwise. And pass 5 once to get our second number.
- Once you bring it on the five for a second time. Give it a little more tension than you had previously. You have to look up to get your second number.
- Try every four numbers at the same tension. So when you find out a point that locks it completely.
- Suppose it locks completely on 32. So our next number is 32.
- Now we have our two numbers 32 and 5.
- It’s time to get our third number.
Step3: Last Number
- To get your last time, you don’t have to put any tension on the shackle.
- We are gonna go two number’s each to check whether our lock will open or not.
- So if we start our rotation anticlockwise and still our lock will not open. Then move towards the next option.
- Try every fourth number on the dial and check whether your lock is open or not.
- After your few attempts, it will get unlocked.
- Just practice the lock rotation for few times and you will remember the lock rotation.
- These are the rotation to the master clock for the locker.
- Three times to the clockwise direction or left,
- Two times to the anticlockwise direction or right,
- One time to the clockwise again or right
- At last, ensure the selection of the best master lock for your locker.
Now, we all know almost everything and every step to open the lock. or should we say change the combination of the lock? Whether it’s a combination once or a keyhole once. We all know how to open all the locks easily.
But don’t use these steps to create problems for someone. Cause if you practice these you just end up in the bad condition for yourself. These are only for your emergency condition. And remember not to practice this publically also because that ain’t gonna good for you.