Smart homes have gained popularity in many countries. Why not? It keeps your home safer, smarter, and better. The HomeKit is a smart home feature offered by Apple. Probably, you decided to go with it but do not really know how to get started.
Well, fret not because today, we will reach you on how you get started and move HomeKit accessories to different rooms or homes. Initially, I, too, was apprehensive about using the HomeKit in my home. I did some research and now even operate my sprinklers through my smartphone. By the end of the post, you, too can understand this platform like the back of your hand. Moreover, we will help you set up your smart home like a professional.
Moving lights and accessories from one Home app Home to another?
The struggle of seeking help ends here because once you are done reading this article, you will know what is supposed to be known before moving your Homekit accessories to a different home or room.
To get the job done, simply follow the steps as stated:
- Long press the icon of the addition.
- Go to settings.
- Click on the ‘Remove Accessory’ option.
Now the accessory has been removed from the home where it originally existed.
- Locate the Home icon at the top left portion of your screen and click on it.
- Then click on Add Home option.
- Assign a name to the home.
- Finally, click on Add Accessory option.
Hopefully, whatever has been described above turns helpful in moving an accessory to a different home. Now invest a few more seconds in learning the procedure of moving an accessory to a different room. Follow the given steps:
- Press and hold the icon of the Homekit accessory of your choice.
- Go through the series of options that follow.
- Choose a new room.
- Your accessory has successfully moved to its new room.
1. All About Home App
One should get their basics clear regarding the Home App as a part of their journey of enjoying the Smart Home comfort. You need to make sure that:
- The beginning ritual of every app is collecting data from you to bring the best quality experience for you. So does the Home app.
- You have to provide it with the particulars of your existing accessories. Also, you have to provide it with the idea presented to you by your interior designer regarding floor space management.
- After this set up-process is done, three tabs will be visible when you open the application: Home, Rooms, and Automation. Under these tabs are present all the options for further proceedings.
2. The Homekit Interface
Tabs contain various options to carry out further actions.
Some steps you need to perform to add an accessory using the options provided under Home Tab which are as under:
- Go to Home Tab.
- Click on the “Add Accessories” option represented by the “+” symbol.
- A new accessory will be added to your Home once you click on this option.
Room Tab deserves to be equally talked about. Its major role is titling and sorting of rooms. This could be done by:
- It helps in moving the accessories from the Home tab to the specific room.
- Different rooms can be categorized under the Room tab.
On the same plain lies the Automation tab, which eases the smooth functioning of your Smart Home by managing the events.
3. Organizing Accessories by Room and Zone
- Zones and Categories are terms that can be used interchangeably here.
- Zoning is a categorization of the accessories or the room as a whole based on the architecture of your house and the distinct interior location.
- Also, the zones can be titled with the flexibility of renaming.
This proves advantageous when the same command is applied over all the rooms of a zone. This increases flexibility and saves time when compared to providing the same instruction to each room individually.
4. Effect of Moving Accessories on Scenes
Scenes are the association of an accessory with a specified event. To understand this a little better, let’s take the example of controlling an air conditioner using a scene called temperature drop.
Primarily the action will go through the associated room, which can be, say, Dining Hall. The major action will work on the AC of the dining hall only and not on the other rooms that are not assigned to it.
5. Unable to Move Accessories? Troubleshooting tips
- Make sure that there is no incompatibility between the interaction of your device and the Homekit.
- The Operating System must be updated and made supportable for Homekit.
- Internet connection and its source (or route) should be checked if the problem persists.
- After all the above-mentioned strategies, the only option left is to change the device (but have a backup while opting for this method).
Moreover while transferring smart lock you will have to face a lot of connectivity issues. To avoid this you can get a home kit-enabled smart lock that support Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
Can you have multiple homes in HomeKit?
Yes, multiple homes can be created and managed by a single HomeKit. It is a flexible and convenient process, and you can easily manage your Apple smart home devices from and at any place using the HomeKit platform.
Can you transfer HomeKit?
Unfortunately, the Apple Homekit is not transferable. The other person needs to have their own separate Apple ID to make the HomeKit work.
So without wasting much, gift yourself the title of a Smart Homeowner because the urge to get called so was perhaps the reason behind your lucky visit to us.
Hopefully, you may have found what you were looking for and probably discovered a lot more. Now, instruct your music player to play the success playlist as soon as you finish making your home a smarter one.
Moreover, you can get a good Apple home kit-supported smart lock in Canada to maximize your safety and security.