Home security is the basic concern for us whether we are inside the house or outside the house. We all think of having a secret place to keep our valuables safe, like a secret locker, a secret drawer, a wardrobe, or a hidden wall safe. But, if you don’t know the exact procedure to make it then we have a perfect guide for you. You can refer to the below-given steps to make a hidden wall safe.
Methods To Build A Hidden Wall Safe
It is possible for us to make a hidden wall safe in the comfort of our house as well. For that, we will be going to need a list of tools, some creative steps, and a lot of patience. So let us begin with our little experiment.
1. Choose A Location For The Hidden Wall Safe
First of all, we need to look for the perfect location to set our hidden wall safe. So what is the location going to be? How do we find that out? Here is the solution for it.
We just need to keep a few things in mind while we do so:
a. We all love our houses and would hate to damage any part of them, even if constructing something necessary. Yes, it is quite genuine to think that. We need to find a spot that won’t lead to any structural damage while constructing the safe, or at least will lead to minimizing possible damage. We also need to make sure that the spot is strategic.
b. Secondly, the most important of all, we need to make sure that the spot we are selecting is least noticeable. We do not want to pry eyes to notice our secret space. It would be best if we could consider selecting an expert to help us out. A wall safe expert is experienced and has the best ideas about installing a hidden wall safe. Thus, seeking his help will help us to take an effective decision.
c. Then, we need to take our measurements. If the perfect measurements are taken, the wall safe will not be even slightly noticeable. We need to make sure to choose a location to fit the safe between two wall studs. This helps us get the best and most accurate measurements.
After we have finished looking for the perfect location for our wall safe, we need to start setting up the safe. To do that, we need to keep all the tools ready and follow the steps given below.
2. Setting Up the Hidden Wall Safe
Setting up the wall safe is difficult at times, and might consume a lot of our time. But, if we do it in the perfect way, it will not take long.
Let us being with our steps of setting it up.
1. At first, we need to locate the wall studs. For that, we will be going to need a stud finder. We need to make use of the stud finder in order to locate the wall studs.
2. After locating the wall studs, we need a measurement tape. Now, we need to measure the exact distance between the wall studs. Then we need to measure the wall safe. If the measurements match, we are good to go.
3. In this step, we are going to need the template that we listed earlier. The template will be used to find out the opening of our wall safe.
4. After finding the opening, we need a drywall saw. Using the drywall saw we need to cut through the outline that we drew earlier.
5. Then, we need to take the safe and place it into the opening we made. If our measurements were correct, the safe will fit perfectly. We still need to adjust and fit it perfectly.
6. Now, we need to grab some wall screws and secure our safe using them. We need to make sure to perfectly drill it with them so that our safe fits perfectly into the wall.
7. We now need to grab the level. The level will be used to check if the safe has perfectly fit into our wall. If it is perfect, we need to move on to our next step.
8. Now it is time to balance. We need to balance the safe into the wall studs. A quick check is the last step. We need to make sure that opening and closing the safe will not damage any part of the wall. There must be an ample amount of space for doing both.
After we are done with the steps of, setting up our safe, we now need to hide it on the shelf. We need to go through the technique given below to do so.
3. Hide It On The Shelf
The aesthetic of the room we place it on matters a lot. We should not be hiding it with anything that looks suspicious.
A. If it is the living room, we can use stuff like the television, big paintings, tapestry, a large fish B. tank, or a fireplace to cover it up or hide it.
B. If it is the bedroom area, we can make use of handmade drawers and cupboards, mirrors, large paintings, or anything that looks usual with the bedroom to hide it.
C. A projector cloth can also be used in order to conceal the safe.
The item that we choose to conceal the safe totally depends on the theme or the aesthetic of the place. We can also make use of washrooms to hide it, and place mirrors to hide it.
You can choose any place that you feel is safe and hard to suspect, and then hide it with the item that matches the place. And here, we are done with making and concealing the wall safe.
- Provided Template
- Stud Finder
- Drywall Saw
How To Build A Hidden Wall Gun Safe?
A gun is easily available to licensed people for it. But it also needs to be kept safe in order to keep it safe from strangers and especially children, as they can be playful with dangerous items as well. Making a gun safe is quite easy and similar to the wall safe we made.
For making it we need to:
- Decide the perfect location for setting up the safe. We need to keep in mind to choose the perfect location as we will need to drill holes in there.
- Then we need to determine the type and size of the wall gun safe. There are new as well as old fashioned ones available.
- It is up to us, which one we prefer. It should be such that no one doubts its existence.
- We need a hollow space for making the hole for mounting the safe. Electrical wires or any other hidden systems should not be disturbed.
- Then we need to fix the gun safe in the perfect position.
- Now, we need to check the locks and polish our safe.
- We need to follow this step thoroughly as if the safe is not fitted perfectly, our purpose will not be served.
How To Build A Hidden Wall Safe In Your Bedroom?
Making a hidden wall safe is the same as making a hidden wall safe that we discussed. We just need to:
- Choose a location for the safe.
- Set up the location for the safe.
- Hide the safe with a suitable item.
A hidden wall safe that is made in the least noticeable place is the best to hide our valuables. We need to choose the perfect place the perfect item to hide it to keep it absolutely safe from burglary. Our valuables are sometimes lifetime savings and the most precious things for us. We need to keep it safe and protected so that we don’t regret losing them later.