Many of you must be intending to insert a flag at your households. Hence, after purchasing one, it is not easy to install it as it requires a lot of steps to be followed. This article can assist to install the flagpole without taking much of your time. Here is a guide that will help you with tools and steps so that you can insert a flagpole in your backyard, ground, or anywhere you expect to.
Methods For Installing A Flagpole:
With the right guide, installing a flagpole can be a very difficult task. The finest way to do it is to get all the tools collected in one place so that you do not have to go and find the required tools. Follow the steps to install the flagpole.
- Step 1 – Select A Area For Your Flagpole. You must select a location before you plan to insert a flagpole as it is important to have a backup plan. Look out into your grounds and search for a perfect place where you can insert the flagpole. If you have a location in mind, think about it by envisioning in your mind how it would look from the front side.Try to make a balance between how you can see it and how others who are passing through your house can see it. It would make it look more enjoyable if it covers both sides.
- Step 2 – Make The Ground Ready. To make the ground ready, you will have to dig a hole in it so that it would be possible to insert the pole into the bottom. To do that, you will need a post hole digger once you get make sure that you have all the required tools aligned with you, then follow the next instructions given below.
- Step 3 – Dig A Spot For Your Flagpole. After making sure that you have all the tools together at one side, start digging the hole with the help of a post-hole digger but if you want to do it as fast as possible then you can use an auger. Do not forget to make sure that the hole is 4-6 times the diameter. Therefore, when it is complete the ground sleeve should be level with the grade.
- Step 4 – Create A Strong Base. After digging the hole, create a strong base by placing the ground sleeve in the hole and filling the gap with stones or rocks. Do not stop loading the rocks until the bottom sleeve is two inches above it. Make use of a level to make sure that the ground sleeve is up and you can also put some pieces of wood to make sure that it holds the place and does not lean.
- Step 5 – Assemble The Flag Pole. After you complete the last step, you can start assembling the flagpole with the help of a flagpole kit. Make it ready by attaching all the necessary elements, you can find parts of it in your flagpole kit. Hence, when you complete it takes the help of someone from your house to take it up on the ground sleeve.
- Step 6 – Raise Your Flag Or Flags. When the flagpole gets ready to stand check if it is stable or not. And then tie the ends of a flag in two knots and then attach the hooks at the edges and after that, you will be able to raise it and let it fly.
Installing A Flagpole In The Ground:
One by one follow all the steps to install a flag pole in the ground:
- The first step is to dig a foundation hole 4-6 times a butt diameter and then put about two inches of sand in the bottom of the tube.
- It is important to put the sand as it will make the top of the tube one inch above the bottom. Make sure that there is no water around the standing pole.
- Place the pole in the centre of the hole and then mix cement with the help of instructions given at the back of the package
- After doing so, pour the mixture of the cement around the tube till it gets halfway up the tube. Place the tube and start pouring the cement again until it reaches the grade level.
- It will take almost 24 hours for the cement to get set and dry.
Install 20 Foot Pole In The Ground
To install a 20 ft. flagpole in the ground there is a requirement of several things. Firstly, make sure that you have each and every material that is required to install the pole. These things are concrete, sand, pole, screws, etc. one of the very first steps to insert a pole is digging.
Dig the ground deep and get your pole ready with the instructions given in the manual. If you are having any issues, call a professional for your help.
After, you get your pole ready, simply install it in the ground. Now, secure or seal it with dry sand or white cement.
Install 30 Foot Pole
The installation of the flag pole has to be done by a professional. Further in this topic, you will be learning how to install a pole in the ground.
- Foundation Tube
- Some Screws
- Flag Pole Plate
Time Required: 1-2 hours
Step 1: Dig the ground with the help of the shovel. Dig deep enough as the pole is 30 ft tall. Place the foundation tube inside the ground. Make sure to dig it deep.
Step 2: Pour concrete around the tube. The concrete should be half the level of the foundation tube.
Step 3: Now, pour the concrete till the other half, and make sure the upper part of the foundation tube is visible.
Step 4: Now tighten the screws properly and install the pole plate.
Step 5: Tighten the rope with the plate. So that it is easier to stack in the ground. Now install it in the ground on a foundation tube.
Step 6: Place it properly and then secure it with clean dry sand. Settle the sand. Seal it properly and check that the pole does not move. Lower the flash plate and secure it properly. You can use clean dry sand to secure it.
Step 7: Check everything properly and it is done.
How Deep Should a Flagpole Be In The Ground?
When you dig the ground make sure that the flagpole in the ground is at least 2 feet deep. It also depends on the height of the flagpole you want to purchase.
How To Install A Base?
- To install a flagpole base, first, you will have to dig a hole in the ground or in your backyard
- For drilling a hole in the ground you will need a post hole digger that can make your work more comfortable
- After you have dug a hole in the ground, start preparing the base of your flagpole.
- Pour the cement in the hole and wait for 24 hours for it to set and then take the flagpole and make it stand on the base.
How To Install A Sleeve?
- To install a flagpole sleeve in the ground, first, select a location and dig a hole in the ground.
- After doing this, place the ground sleeve into the gravel for approx 3 inches. Start zipping the packet of the cement and read the instruction at the back of the packet.
- The third step is to combine cement and pour it near the ground sleeve and do not stop until the hole is filled.
- Then insert the pole into the ground sleeve that you have placed and use a level to check if the pole is straight or not.
- Place the flagpole on the ground sleeve and your work will be over.
How To Install On Vinyl Sliding?
- To install a flagpole on vinyl sliding, take the top and bottom half of the pole and two mounting rings also you will see a hook at the lid of the flagpole.
- Put the pole together by taking the top and the bottom end. Slide one pole in the other and hold the part of the thread and start twisting it.
- When it gets tight and closed the flagpole will be put together and will become two from one
- Vinyl tends to slide a lot so make sure that you tighten it so that it does switch place to place.
How To Install On House?
- To install a flagpole on house make sure that you know the location to put a flag on your house.
- Unpack the flag and the flagpole kit, in this, you will find a pole and mounting bracket and it can be attached with the three screws.
- Start with hanging the flag on the pole by attaching a clip at every hole, the rings that are placed on the pole can be tightened and adjusted.
- Tighten the flag by twisting the rings and then take the bracket and drill according to the holes that are present and then attach the screws so that it does not slide.
- You can place the pole into the mounting bracket and see the flag flying.
How To Install In Front Of Your Yard?
- The steps go the same for installing a flagpole in front of your yard. First, decide the exact location you want to see the flag from.
- Then dig a hole in the ground by using a post hole digger
- Mix the cement according to the instructions given in the package and then pour the cement into the hole.
- After it gets dry you can place the pole and attach the flag to it.
How To Install A Rope?
- Start by cutting the rope for making the loop on the flagpole.
- Make sure that it is long enough and passes through the flagpole so that it ties together
- Then pass the rope from the top of the flagpole and insert the pinnacle into it
- Tie the ends together and secure the knot so that the flag doesn’t come out.
How To Install Halyard?
- To install a flagpole halyard, take both ends of the halyard and tie them like a square knot so that a zip clip on each side of the rope can be seen.
- Leave the halyard extended, if it makes a full wrap using one strand of halyard around the base.
- Use a screwdriver with the clip and tighten it by twisting the screw and then attach the top of the flag to the clip and follow the same process for the second zip.
How To Install Concrete?
To install a flagpole in the ground without concrete you will need screws and other tools to fix the flagpole so that it does to slide or move and stays in one place.
How Much It Cost To Erect A Flagpole?
The installation fee is a little on the higher side. Most contractors have expertise in this field and are professional workers.
The average fee includes $837. This fee includes the entire flag pole kit and the labour. It also includes concrete, sand, white cement, and logistics.
Keep in mind that this is the average fee of the contractor according to the length and size of the pole. This fee of $837 is for a 25ft pole. This shall decrease as the size of the pole decreases and vice versa.
Let’s compare it with the DIY cost. The DIY cost is up to $500. but again it brings a great risk of injuries and accidents. Make sure that if you are doing it yourself, there will be no harm in taking the assistance of 2-3 people.
However, we recommend you to call a professional person and call his expertise regarding installation. As it is difficult to find a full-fledged flag pole kit with white cement and concrete mixture.
Installing a flagpole by different methods can be a difficult task, but what matters is how you do it and keep up the hard work. If you are also planning to fix a flag in your house then please read the steps carefully and follow them.
Leave a Reply