Are you worried if someone will break the screen of your new phone or find a way to lose it? Verizon Phone Insurance covers all these issues.
It is available for every device sold by Verizon, from smartphones to tablets, but What if you don’t want it? Believe it or not, millions of people still sign up for Verizon phone insurance every year.
The reason for this is that it seems too good to be true. But now you don’t want it and don’t know how To cancel Verizon phone insurance.
Dont worry here; we have discussed everything about canceling Verizon phone insurance.
What is Verizon Phone Insurance?
This Verizon Phone Insurance also offers you a great way to purchase it with no out-of-pocket expense other than your monthly bills. There are some limitations to the policy, so read the fine print.
There are two different kinds of Verizon Phone Insurance: one per device and the other one per account. There is a minimal difference between the two options, but this insurance offers you many benefits and coverage.
Let’s compare the two types of Verizon Phone Insurance to decide if this is the insurance you need for your phone.
If your device has no service, you can still use Verizon Phone Insurance for up to 30 days after it has been inactive for 60 minutes or longer. For this time, it will be covered for a set amount of money.
If you want additional device coverage, you can choose insurance for up to a year. It is the same kind of insurance available for all devices, so you can use it on any Verizon phone or tablet.
What Happens When You Cancel Verizon Phone Insurance?
Verizon will cancel your account if you cancel phone insurance. It is a standard policy that they follow. It means that after you cancel your phone insurance, you will no longer be able to receive any subsidized phones from Verizon, at least for the time being.
Also, it may affect your ability to receive new phones from Verizon (without an additional purchase), as well as the fact that any refunds you might receive for a phone will be less than a full refund.
In addition to these items, you will also lose access to all of the features of your account. It includes your current phone number forwarded to any other phones you have, whether through their prepaid service or with one of their contract plans.
You can always return to your account once the lost subsidy period is over, but you will lose all of the services they provided you.
Verizon offers a generous amount of time for the policy to go into effect, 180 days. Still, after that time- period has passed, Verizon will continue to charge you for all features and services on your account until it has been resolved.
How To Cancel Verizon Phone Insurance?
If you think about it, Verizon probably has to pay a fine for canceling a contract without permission. That is why when the company sends out a cancellation notice. They usually include a ticket number and instructions on canceling the contract.
The problem is once you have canceled your contract with Verizon, that can be the only record that they have that you ever had insurance.
There Are Two Ways To Cancel Your Insurance. One is Over a Phone Call And Then Online:
In recent years more people are opting for monthly plans that start with a $20+ base charge but include unlimited talk and text. These plans range from two to five lines, and you will usually be charged for the first month of service on top of the base plan amount.
- To cancel your Verizon coverage, remember you must load voicemail at least once during your time with the company. Otherwise, you cannot cancel your phone insurance.
- Another thing to remember is that you have a contract with them! If you just signed up with Verizon, they won’t let you on the phone is still under the “90-day trial”.
- So basically 90 days without any changes, so expect to be hit with a $20 base fee each month of service.
- Your phone must be paid-in-full and active in the Verizon system.
- If you forgot to cancel the insurance, there are a couple of other options to get your phone back without paying for it.
- You can cancel your insurance by emailing customer support from your account info page.
- You can also call Verizon Customer Service at 1 (800) VERIZON (1-800-837-4966) and have them manually cancel your coverage.
If you are paying for Verizon phone insurance monthly, you may wonder how to cancel it without talking to a customer service representative. You may also have trouble finding the answer to your query on the company’s website, as no such information is available.
- Reach your customer service by calling.
- Once you have reached a customer service agent, you will need to give your information before the representative can access your account and begin the cancellation process.
- You will be asked to provide the following details: Name, Address (or policy number), and Phone number (if available).
- The first item on that list is crucial for finding your contract online at Verizon.com.
- If you have a policy number, it may be easier for the agent to locate your account.
- If you don’t have that but know the date when you activated your device, you could also describe that information to the representative.
- Once the customer service representative has located your account online and verified your identity by asking you a series of security questions, they will be able to help you cancel Verizon phone insurance over the phone.
The Other Ways Are
- First, you must ensure that your account is eligible for insurance. Log into your Verizon account on their website. You will be able to see your phone insurance information under your plan. Select the ‘My Plan’ option and then select ‘Change My Plan’ next to ‘My Phone Insurance Plan.’ Click on the ‘Cancel Coverage’ button and confirm the cancellation using the drop-down menu.
- Many people don’t know how to cancel Verizon phone insurance, which is a serious issue because if you cancel the coverage before your contract is up, it will be costly. If you call Verizon, they’ll add more insurance for you for an additional fee.
- You can contact Verizon via their customer service number or online form. If you have any problems with your account, call the customer care team immediately so that it can be resolved as soon as possible. The customer service team will also help you in canceling your phone insurance.
- When you are ready to call the customer service department, provide them with your account information. You don’t need to provide the date of cancellation, but they may ask you to do so if they require it. The representative will then take down all of your personal information so that they can process the cancellation at their end.
- You need to avoid paying any more monthly premiums. It means you need to avoid making any more claims against your policy.
- In case of loss or damage, get a detailed police report to file a claim with Verizon or directly with Apple.
Can I cancel Verizon Protect at Any Time?
Can You Get a Refund On a Protection Plan?
How Many Claims Can I File With Total Mobile Protection?
The detailed steps will guide you on how to cancel Verizon Phone Insurance. For more details, go through Google and YouTube videos.
Leave a Reply