If you are looking to set up your Ring doorbell without a doorbell and are confused if it will work, then this is for you. Here, we have provided a detailed explanation on How Does a Ring Doorbell Work If You Don’t Have A Doorbell already.
How Does Ring Doorbell Work If You Don’t Have A Doorbell?
The Ring company doorbells work very well and they can also be set up, without having a doorbell. This happens because of the use of a plug-in transformer.
We have provided some steps for you for the process of the setup up the plugin as follows.
- Firstly, bind the doorbell wires, you have to connect them with the transformer cables. And then you have to pack them in a closed fence duct.
- Note: Additionally, a plug-in chime can be used instead of a mechanical or electric chime for visitor announcements.
- Primarily Ring doorbell companies need the lowest voltage of 16 V AC. You can say some of the extra prominent developed doorbells. These include Ring, along with some of the other popular brands.
- The main issue with buying unknown plug-in transformers is that it produces a lot of garbage. It leads to failure very fast.
The best thing about utilizing a plug-in transformer is that it is very simple. The process is also easy, and you can establish your doorbell. In this, all you need to do is to attach the two cables to your Ring doorbell. Find the two cables of the plug-in transformer and then just plug it in.
Remember that if you are establishing its exterior on the front door. Now you’ll need to plug a hole and grab the wires through.
Next, you should try to connect it again to a nearby wall opening. In some cases, people may be unsure of the length of the transformer cable. In this situation, it will be decent to bring the additional cable. This will help in case when you realize that it is short at the installation time.
How to Install Any Ring Doorbell Without an Existing Doorbell
First, you will need to install the company’s app, which is named Ring app. After that, you have to begin with the procedure of setting up the Ring Doorbell.
Although the procedure is well-guided in the application, still you may get lost at times. We have prepared this guide to assist you. Just walk through our steps for the process; it can help you complete your work.
Step 1: Tab on the ‘Set up in the Ring app
You have to open the Ring application. Find the tab named ‘Set up, and you have to click on it to begin to set up your Device. You should observe your device’s charging so that it does not stop in between. Make sure that it has a potentially high charging percentage.
Step 2: Select the ‘doorbell’ option for the type of device.
When you select the setup button, you will see a variety of Ring products. They all can be connected and set up from here. Since you have to set up your doorbell device, you have to click on the doorbell option.
Step 3: Scan the code
Now, after you have selected your device, you need to scan the code given in Ring Doorbell. You can find the code given on the appliance and also on the packaging. The application scanner will open. You need to put it in the front of the code.
If You have lost the scanning code on the device for any reason, don’t worry. You can set your device with it too. You have to select the ‘set up without scanning’ option.
Step 4: Give a name
Now you will be asked to give a name to your device if you want. You can choose to give a name related to the door, for example, ‘front door.’ Or something that does your job easy in identifying these doors. You can also give them nicknames if you desire.
Step 5: Enter your address details
You will require to provide the details of your address next. This feature is especially useful in monitoring devices. You can add these applications to your house if you want.
Remember that some governments compel you to acquire an alarm monitoring device permit for the same. You should be aware if your geographical area has such conditions.
Step 6: Long press the orange button
You need to next long-press the orange tab that is given on the backside of the Ring Doorbell device. A light on the front side of the appliance should start whirling white.
This indicates that the Ring device has been brought into the Setup mode.
Step 7: Make the required internet connection.
Nonetheless, the Ring app sets up automatically. But you need to make sure of its internet connection by WiFi network. After that, you do not need to do anything; the application will itself start setting up. In some cases, you can guide your WiFi network Settings.
Here you will need to choose the appliance that begins with a Ring and several numbers. Then this will be feasible to obey the dash. Now you can then reimburse the Ring app to proceed.
Step 8: Complete setup and mount the device
Once you have successfully connected the Doorbell to your home’s WiFi network. You will be finished with the setup just soon. The next step is to test if the lights are working as instructed.
First, observe if your Ring doorbell glows white. It lights in a flashing manner again and again. When it flashes blue, consequently, four times, the device is connected. Now you are all prepared to shift onto the mounting part of the device.
How to mount the Bracket and complete the Installation of the Ring Doorbell?
The Ring Doorbell’s installation and mounting are almost the same for each model. Here, we have brought you the most basic steps for installation and mounting.
This is a continuation after the installation of the app. Follow the steps given below for better understanding.
- The Doorbell connects to a mounting bracket. The mounting bracket attaches to your wall. The fair news is the bracket is mounted in just a few steps. First, put the point into the mounting bracket just as the owner provided.
- Carry the mounting bracket above the cabinet high in the place where you like to mount it. Utilize the level to make it even.
- Streak the four screw points positioned on the top of your house using a pen. You may prefer to drill minor holes to get stuff commenced. You can also utilize plenty of force.
- Clasp the mounting bracket in the spot and bolt in the four screws. Fasten them securely. You may require to utilize some stress to get them commenced.
- Unbutton the two small insurance twists on the floor of the Ring Doorbell. Now you can also clasp the Ring Doorbell into the area on the mount bracket.
- Press the Ring Doorbell switch to begin pairing with the application on your mobile or tablet.
In this article, we have given you a detailed explanation of a particular brand, Ring. The Ring doorbells are one of the most popular brands. We have explained this about the working and complete installation of the doorbell. This guide is particularly for installation without the existing doorbells. We saw the process is easy and does not require any professional help.
Leave a Reply