Using the internet is not a luxury, but a necessity for most of us. We require the internet for both personal and professional reasons. There is a barrage of activities that you can do with the internet like browsing, making online payments, communicating with your loved ones, and so on.
Keeping this in mind, Verizon released their much-awaited service named the Jetpack. This package is extremely useful because it helps you to connect several devices using the same Verizon connection.
Though it works efficiently most of the time, we did notice that there could be certain issues. That is why we decided to do this post with some solutions for you to get your Jetpack to work properly. There can be a plethora of reasons for your Verizon Jetpack now working, but there is a solution for everything.
Troubleshooting Verizon jetpack not working?
The Verizon jetpack is a router that will work on WiFi and will use a sim card to connect to the Verizon network. Then if your Verizon jetpack is not working, you need to follow the steps below to fix the issue:
1. Check the battery.
We need to check the battery of the device first. This is the first step to check if there is any issue. The batteries of the device need to be checked.
If the battery is running out, you need to check everything before connecting your device. The battery replacement will not cost you much, but the process needs to be done by the parties.
You need to see the battery parameters of your device and, accordingly, get the battery.
2. Check the charger.
Sometimes the jetpack does not have any fault, but the charger may have. Ensure that the charger you are using is not faulty. The charger needs to be checked appropriately. As the device is not able to charge, then it will not function properly.
3. Check the wall outlet.
The power outlet is another component or factor which you have to keep in mind. You might be facing these issues due to the power outlet not working appropriately.
The Verizon jetpack won’t work properly as the charging outlet won’t work. You need to connect a charger to the wall outlet, and check and charge your devices.
4. Check the sim card.
The Verizon jetpack uses a sim card to connect to the internet. So, you can try removing the sim card and inserting it back again. It can sometimes fix the issue. To reinsert your card, then:
- The first step is to turn your jetpack off.
- Then the next step is to remove the battery. You need to make sure that the battery is removed with your finger.
- Using any tools may damage your battery.
- Then slide the sim card backward to remove it.
- After that, you need to wait at least a minute before inserting the sim back in.
- The last step is to insert the sim back into its position. You need to check whether the sim is inserted in incorrect direction.
- Then check once whether your jetpack is working or not.
You need to try and activate the jetpack again. The activation process can be done by:
- The first step is to insert the sim card into your jetpack.
- After that, you need to turn your jetpack on and connect it to your mobile.
- Open a new tab on the web browser you are using.
- Then you will go to the activation page.
- Follow the instructions given related to activation and complete the process successfully.
6. Check signal strength:
Check the connection of your Jetpack hotspot. Generally, it automatically connects to the public network present nearby. But if it isn’t, then you need to check the connection.
If it is showing poor connectivity and you cannot help it, then switch your network. This is basic common sense, the amount of distance would affect the connectivity.
If there is a long distance, then the signal would be weakened. Less the distance, the more strong the connection would be.
So, if you are receiving a poor connection, then move closer to the Verizon jetpack. Then you will receive stronger connectivity.
The most common method and yet effective one to use is to restart your Verizon jetpack. This will fix the issue majority of the time. To restart your jetpack, you need to:
- The first step is to turn your jetpack off.
- The battery compartment will have to be removed if you want to access the battery.
- Remove the battery and wait for at least 45 seconds.
- Then you need to place the battery back and close the battery compartment.
- Then turn on the jetpack and try connecting it back to your device and check if it works or not.
If restarting the device does not work, then you can opt for a reset. The device will go for a factory setup, so your preferences will be erased.
The current settings and control will also be reset. So, you can factory reset the device by:
- Open Settings in the menu. You can type my.jetpack in the browser.
- Select the Factory reset option with the navigation buttons.
- Click on Yes and confirm if a pop-up appears.
9. Contact Customer support.
If none of the above solutions works, then you can contact Verizon customer care. It will guide the customers to the best and give a permanent solution to fix the issue.
Depending on your jetpack’s model, they will guide you. Professional help is very helpful if one wants a quick solution.
If you have a warranty, then you can even exchange your jetpack with a new one if it is not fixed.
Everyone wants an internet service that is fast and has a good network. Nowadays, you can’t imagine your life without the internet. Everyone subscribes to an internet service with the express intention to make use of it. If you are a customer having issues with your service provider,
then the above article is very useful. For all Verizon jetpack users, all the tips above would work. The majority of the time, all the problems are solved after applying all the above tips.