Floodlight cameras are a popular choice for home security because they combine the functions of a security camera with bright floodlights that can be triggered by motion. If you’re considering ADT as your home security provider, you may be wondering if they offer floodlight cameras as part of their system. In this article, we’ll answer the question of whether ADT has floodlight cameras and explore the features and options available with these types of cameras. We’ll also discuss the benefits of using floodlight cameras as part of your home security setup and how they can enhance the overall protection of your property.
Does ADT Have Floodlight Cameras?
ADT service is a security service company based in America. But ADT security camera does not have a floodlight camera built in. But you have to use ADT with the floodlight camera.
ADT has a very high-quality and advanced featured home security camera but does not work with the floodlight camera and flood technology.
You can use the smart switch and can install an ADT with the floodlight camera.
You can use the ADT with the floodlight camera in two ways.
- You have to first install the ADT camera for security purposes. Then you have to separately buy the Floodlight camera and smart switch to connect them. Now after you have connected the two items and the ADT camera as well. You can operate the ADT camera with the ADT control App. You can control everything with just one click on the control app of ADT.
You can also connect a smart switch and floodlights camera but then in that case you have to turn the lights ON and OFF manually.
- Another method can be separately installing an ADT camera, Floodlight, camera, and smart switch. Separate install the floodlight to illuminate what the camera sees.
What items do I need to integrate floodlights with ADT?
For the integration of Floodlight with the ADT camera we will need a smart plug. Also for integration, the basic electrician tools and gloves should be used.
A smart plug or a smart switch is a simple device that will help you in the automation of the ADT camera and Floodlight.
For the setup of a smart plug, the connection should be made like this,
- Plug to be connected with the outlet
- And then the connection is made with the Wi-Fi device.
- Now lastly, the integration is done with the compatible app on your smartphones or tablets.
Now connections are done, you can use it with floodlight, ADT camera, and any smart appliances. Moreover, you have a handy smartphone or tab to control it sitting in your comfort.
Also, if you have a smart hub set up with you at your place, a Smart switch plays a very important role there.
Installing a Floodlight with ADT
Just buy the ADT camera, Floodlight and Smart Switch. Steps are installation are given below but before that, you should put the power supply button to OFF.
- The first thing you should do is remove the older bracket, just unscrew the screws and remove the older bracket.
- Now you should take the new bracket which is having the ADT camera over it. Install it by screwing the new bracket with screws.
- Now make the connections for the floodlight and set up with the hook and mount it on the holes properly.
- The connections are like connecting the ground wire to the ground wire of the bracket, white with the white wire of the bracket, and black with the black wire of the bracket. The smart switch should also be connected in the same way.
- Now feed the light in over the bracket properly. Mount the screws properly.
- Now turn the power supply to ON.
How Smart Switches and Plugs can access Floodlights by using ADT?
You can use the smart switch or smart plug that will automatically activate and deactivate the floodlights as and when needed and will keep a watch as well through the camera.
Or in some cases, if it is not integrated into a switch you can use the app to control it or you can do that manually. The smart switch will reduce the work of manually switching the lights to ON and OFF.
So we can say that a smart plug will reduce your work but even if it is not there it is not mandatory. Even with the plug, you can operate the floodlight through the ADT control app using the ADT interface.
Alternative Floodlight Cameras
The best alternatives for the Floodlight Camera are listed below.
- Eufy Floodlight Cam 2 Pro
- Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight
- Ring Floodlight Cam
- Wyze Cam floodlight
- Google Nest Cam with floodlight
- Netatmo Smart Cam
The above-listed camera floodlights can be used as the best replacement for ADT cam along with the floodlight. However, the three best alternatives always recommended are:
- D3D Wireless Smart Home Security System: This system has a camera, floodlight, and plugs everything integrated with it. You just need to buy that and can use it.
Features of the system are home security which is always our concern, along with it all the motion is detected and alerts are sent to your apps, it makes our places fully automated and easy for installation and best battery backup.
- Qubo Wireless Smart Security System with Intruder Alarm System: This is also a complete integrated setup for you to just buy and install.
Features are also the same as above and smoke detection is also done here which is an add-on feature of it. Also, Alexa is inbuilt which by default comes with numerous features.
- TP-Link Tapo C100 1080p Full HD Indoor Wi-Fi Home Smart Security Camera: This is also recommended one to use for home automation.
Features are the same as above with the Night vision feature as an add-on one.
Normally ADT does not offer services for floodlight. But in this article, we have discussed some ways with which you can integrate or can combine the use of ADT with a floodlight camera. You should refer to the article for the number of ways with which you can use them together.
Leave a Reply