After 30 hours of research, getting up before dawn using 15 different sunrise alarm clocks, and consulting 5 experts we recommend Philips Wake-up HF3520 clock.
The real red-tinted dawn and dusk simulation is far more better than getting up in a dark night bulb lit room. These wake up sunrise alarm clocks are the best for fresh natural lit mornings.
Down below are the top model of the wake-up alarm or sunrise alarm clocks. You can choose any one of them. But before choosing any, refer to our buying guide and the key features of each product for a worthy purchase.
1. Philips HF3520 White – Best Natural Therapy
- PERSONALIZATION: Simulated sunset and sunrise and choice of 5 different natural wake-up sounds
- SMART FEATURES: FM radio, tap snooze and automatic dimmable display
- MOOD AND ENERGY: proven to give you an easy and energetic wake-up and improve your mood in the morning
This is one of the hottest selling sunrise alarm clock from Philips. Philips wake up light alarm clock is loved because of its natural light therapy lamp. Customers say it is best to improve sleep, energy, general well-being, and for a fresh lovely morning. They are scientifically proven to help you wake up feeling more refreshed.
The wake-up light has a default setting which starts 20-30 minutes before the wake-up time. Plus, its long lasting there is no need to change the bulb and also has at least 8 hours of alarm back up in case of power failure. All in all, a great product to relax and drift off to sleep with dimming sounds and light of sun.
- Maximum brightness of 200 lux
- A timer that begins 20-30 minutes before the set wake up time.
- Has 20 different brightness settings.
- Colored lights are present
- Irreplaceable bulb
- Has FM radio
- Tap snooze function to have extra 9 minutes of sleep
The most loved sunrise wake up alarm clock from Philips. It is known for its colored simulation
2. Lumie Bodyclock Active 250 – Best Adjustable Standard Settings
- Simulates a natural and gradual sunrise which wakes you up gently. The standard settings are: An optional 0-minute...
- Gradual sunset gives your body the signal to wind down, helping you to fall asleep
- Optional backup beeper and power failure backup for reassurance
Lumie Body Clock Active is a beauty. The color, the style, and the display resemble a music station. We assure once you see the product, you will start loving it.
Further, it has six different sound effects and a digital FM tuner too for a relaxed fresh morning experience. All this can be operated using buttons and monitored using the intelligent LCD display. Lastly, you have an optional backup beeper and power failure backup to ensure you won’t face any trouble. If you are looking for all in one feature than you should opt for it.
- Adjustable Standard settings are 0-minute sunset, 0-minute sunrise.
- Optional backup beep option
- Six sound effects
- FM tuner
- Timer settings are adjustable
A feature-rich alarm clock with both sunrise and sunset simulation o
3. Philips White HF3510 – Most Decent Price
- Light therapy lamp and sunrise alarm clock for improving your sleep, energy, and well- being
- Only Philips wake-up light alarm clocks are clinically proven to help you wake up feeling more refreshed. To set the...
- Relax and drift off to sleep with dimming sunset with 20 brightness settings. Wake-up light with sunrise simulation...
This one is yet another classy wake-up light from Philips. It’s best for people who are looking for the light therapy feature. In the medium price range, it is the best available wake-up light alarm clock. They are meant for improving the sleep, mood, and well-being.
Overall, a worth the price product for anyone and everyone who find difficult in getting up.
- 20 brightness settings
- Both sunrise and sunset simulation
- Has FM and three inbuilt sounds
- Tap snooze button
- Comes with 90 days money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the product
A decently priced wake up alarm clock for with all the standard features and a classy look.
4. Beurer 4 In 1 – Best Bluetooth Compatible
- 4 in 1: Wake-up light, mood light, reading lamp and music station
- The light can be connected to smartphones via Bluetooth smart and be managed with the Bearer Light Up app
- Simulated natural sunrise or sunset allows you to wake up Naturally to A Slowly Brightening Light
Beurer 4 in 1 wake-up light is another feature rich clock. It is called as wake-up light, reading lamp, mood light, and music station. We were amazed to see the customizable variety. It has both the sunrise and sunset simulation to wake you up in a natural slow brightened light.
Lastly, it has three adjustable alarm time to and LED bright mood color changing light for the personal customization.
- Bluetooth Compatible
- Has both simulated sunrise and sunset
- 4-in-1 clock
- 10 radio station memory space
- 3 alarm clock settings
A great mobile compatible smart clock with four unique features and various customizable option
5. Nature Bright Sun Bliss 2 In 1 – Best For People With Sleeping Disorder
- 10,000 LUX bright light mimics sunlight
- Built in wake-up light alarm clock gently rouses you
- Advanced LED diffusion lens protects your eyes
It is a good product for people who suffer from the Seasonal affective disorder and other mood disorders. It has high-intensity light that does not disturb your mood and totally mimics a sunrise. Even the lowest brightness in this is too bright. You should buy if it is very difficult for you to get up in the morning.
Lastly, the light is portable and comes with a universal adapter. So, you can even use it when you are out of station.
- Has 10,000 LUX bright light
- A built-in wake-alarm clock
- Has LED light protector
- Works with a universal adapter
The best light for people with sleeping disorders or for people who find very difficult to sleep.
6. Totobay – Best Atmospheric Simulator
No products found.
Totobay wake up light alarm clock is a sunrise and sunset simulation clock with all the necessary features. It wakes you up 30 minutes before the alarm time. It starts from 10% of brightness and goes to 100% brightness at the set time to bring you out from deep sleep.
Lastly, the light can be charge in three ways using a USB charger, wall jack and 2*AAA batteries.
- Both sunrise and sunset
- 6 natural sounds and FM
- 10 brightness settings
- Multiple light colors
A standard wakeup light for someone who just want to try how a wakeup light works and then move on to better options.
7. Wake Up Light Digital – Most Fashionable
- 【2018 UPGRADED EDITION】: The wake up light digital sunrise alarm clock has a fashion design. Including 18 LED bulbs,...
- 【6 KINDS OF NATURAL SOUND & FM RADIO】: Our sunrise alarm clock contains 6 kinds of natural sound such as pure music,...
- 【7 COLORS LIGHT & 10 LEVELS OF SELECTABLE LIGHT BRIGHTNESS】: The sunrise light clock can act as an atmosphere lamp...
This is another budget-friendly quality product with all the standard features. It’s the best combination of price and quality.
Further, it has six natural sounds and an FM radio to help you fall asleep or wakeup on you favorite tune. For charging, it you can use either the USB charger or the adapter. Overall, it’s fashionable and stylish clock. You can buy it for yourself or can even gift it to anyone.
- Has 18 LED bulbs in it.
- Has six different natural sound and a FM radio
- Comes with seven color light options. The seven color mimics the exact sunrise simulation
- 10 levels for adjusting the light brightness
- Comes with a 5V USB port and adapter for charging.
A standard alarm clock with all the standard features.
Buying Guide – What Considerations To Look For When Buying?
Do you find it irritating to get up suddenly by the sound of your alarm clock? Does getting up early in the morning seems to be difficult for you? Surely there is a better way to start the day peacefully, try your hands-on wakeup light or commonly known as sunrise alarm clock. Nevertheless choosing the best wake-up alarm clock when there are so many options are available.
This is reason we suggest you to look for the prime features in tho wake-up alarm clock that you want. To help you out we are jotting down the prime features of sunrise alarm clock. Make sure all of them are available for a happy shopping experience so lets get started.
1. Light Source
You should look at the maximum brightness of the wake-up light. If you live in a packed room than you should go for a high-intensity wake-up light clock. Think about the brightness you need for your room.
The closer the place the higher is the brightness requirement. The sunrise alarm clocks light is measured in terms of lux. Check for the lux value to check the brightness of the light source. Most of the alarms have a lux value between 100-300. They are good for people who find difficult to get up. In this category the best ones are Philips SmartSleep Wake-up Light, Colored Sunrise and Sunset Simulation, 5 Natural Sounds, FM Radio & Reading Lamp, Tap Snooze, HF3520/60, White, Lumie Bodyclock Active 250 Wake-Up Light and Beurer 4 In 1 Wake-up Light Alarm Clock
Few of the alarm that treats SAD and other sleeping disorders comes with 10,000 lux. In this case, the best one is Nature Bright Sun Bliss 2 In 1 Portable Light Therapy
2. Color Of Light Source
Most of the alarm has a unique white or yellow light. The view resembles the bulb light. A white/light is good enough for all of us. However, if you want a multicolor light, you should go for high-end alarm clocks. These high-end clocks mimic the natural sunlight. They transit from red to amber to yellow and white when approaching your wake-up time. Choose it as per your pocket.
Some like to combine sound with light. You can go for with or without music as per your choice. The regular sunrise alarm clock has a fundamental alarm tone. At the other hand, the high-end version comes with FM radio, nature sound, and a thousand of the song to choose from. Again, select this option as per your budget.
4. Type Of Light Source
The basic ones have low energy LED and halogen bulbs. LED doesn’t generate too much heat and comes in different colors. Thus, I would recommend you to choose for the LED light source.
You should go for a device that comes with an adjustable timer. The regular wakeup light comes with a fixed flexible timer of 30 minutes. It’s a good option. However, if you want an adjustable timer to extend the wake-up time than those models are also available. In the top models, the adjustable timer can be set from 15 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Sunset Feature
Some of the high models have double sunset simulators. They have a night and a morning stimulator resembling the sunrise and sunset. The morning simulator starts with a gradual increase in white light and the night simulator begins with yellow light and gradually dims to darkness. I a good option for people who find it difficult to sleep. So, choosing it as per your need.
7. Light Therapy Feature
Look for it, if you are buying to cure your Seasonal affective disorder. However, you can use it even when you don’t have mood disorders during winter season to acquire more light in your body. The light therapy feature comes only in the costly sunrise alarm clocks. You can chuck this feature if your budget is not allowing.
A sunrise alarm clock allows you to get up every morning in a natural way. It won’t suddenly bash your sleep but, would gift you a pleasant morning. A wake-up light radiates out low-intensity light at first and then slowly and gradually the intensity increases with time. It resembles like regular sun rising process inside your room.
Waking up to a steadily increasing light provide you a simulation of the sun at dawn. It makes your body clock to adjust from deep to shallow stages of sleep and eventually wakefulness. The clock has replaced the annoying alarm clocks. It does wonder during cold weather, especially during the fall.
Various studies have shown waking up with the help of a sunrise alarm clock is much comfortable and healthy. It’s a gentle way to wake you up without interrupting your deep sleep.
Many times when your deep sleep is interrupted all of a sudden by an alarm clock, you suffer from nausea, headache, and irritation. Plus, it will never ruin your morning but would gift you a pleasing dawn. To bring all this to an end, you should go for a wake-up light/sunrise alarm clock.
They come in different shapes and sizes. However, the basic process is the same. You have to set a wake-up time before you go to bed. Next, you have to set the number of minutes before the alarm goes off. The light would gradually increase till it reaches the maximum brightness at the wake-up time you have set.
In some of the clocks, there is an option of playing a choice of music along with the light. You can even set your favorite music. Thus, the wake-up clock helps you to get up slowly and gradually from your deep sleep.
There are numerous benefits of getting up to a gradual dawn than to a loud-noisy alarm. Few of the potential benefits are underpinned below:
• In early days, people use to get up with the light of the sun. Human bodies have been evolved to wake up in the same manner.
In our eyes, special photo-receptors are present that uses the morning light to set the hormonal rush in our body and eventually prepare us for the day. The sunrise alarm clock behaves in the same manner. It slowly makes our hormone ready to face the entire day. It not only gives you freshness but also allows our body clock to run efficiently.
• A noisy alarm suddenly wakes you from your sleep but does not make your brain fully alert. The sleep inaction slows your body system down and makes it difficult to get up from the bed. However, with the sunrise alarm clock the whole process of getting up becomes gradual and as per your body clock.
At the same time, it helps the brain and the body to prepare for the transition from deep sleep to wakefulness. All these steps give you more energy and enthusiasm for the morning.
• The Sunrise alarm clock is the best option for winter and fall. We all suffer from morning blues. The dark sky outside makes challenging to get up from the bed. During this time, sunrise alarm clock comes as a rescue. With the bright sunrise alarm, you winter mornings would be manageable and pleasing.
• When the sky is dark, and there is lack of sunlight. Studies have shown due to lack of sunlight some people develop seasonal affective disorder. SAD is a disorder in which people go under depression and other mood disorders in the absence of light. For such people, the sunrise alarm clock is a blessing.
They are designed to simulate sunrise. The clock gradually increases the light until the alarm. So that your body is prepared for the light. This helps you wake up with a happy mood and high energy.
Any clock that makes the process of waking up easier in the morning is best. We have already compiled the best sunrise wake-up alarm for you. Choose the one that fits your needs.
Well, each clock has its own settings. So before buying make sure you read the instruction on how to use the clock.
A wakeup alarm clock is best for winters and for people who have hard time getting up. They are clinically proven to improve mood, enhance energy, keep you fresh, regulate sleeping patterns, and in some case cure sleeping disorders.
If you are looking for the best wake up sunrise alarm clock, we recommend you to have a look on the entire models available in the market and then choose a one that fits your need. For the same, you can also go through our buying guide and choose any of the prodcut from our list as all are tested for quality and effectiveness. Till then, happy shopping.