Looking for smart locks for the outdoor gates? We made your search easier by testing almost different locks that are suitable for outdoor and has smart capabilities. After thorough testing and researching, we realized that WGCCFingerprint Padlock is the best smart lock for outdoor gate.
Best Smart Lock For Outdoor Gate Review
|WGCCFingerprint Padlock||Fingerprint, App||Bluetooth||Check Price|
|eGee Smart Padlock 3rd Gen||Fingerprint, App||Bluetooth/NFC||Check Price|
|Megafeis Fingerprint Padlock||Fingerprint||Bluetooth||Check Price|
|No clock Fingerprint Padlock||Fingerprint, App||Bluetooth||Check Price|
|YeeSite Smart Lock||Fingerprint||No||Check Price|
|GATEXPERT Lock||Combination||No||Check Price|
|Master Lock||Fingerprint, App||Bluetooth||Check Price|
1. WGCCFingerprint Padlock – Best Fingerprint Smart Outdoor Gate Lock
- 【Fingerprint unlock】- Farewell to cumbersome numbers, your finger is the key, do not have to worry about losing the...
- 【Sturdy structure】 - The fingerprint lock body is made of aluminum alloy and the lock beam is made of stainless...
- 【Widely Uses】For indoor and outdoor use, gym lockers,suitable for suitcases, golf bags, handbags, school...
WGCC presents a fingerprint lock that can also be unlocked with the app connectivity. It comes with an inbuilt battery of 300 mah which is charged with the help of micro USB. A USB cable and a user manual are provided along with the lock. The fingerprint padlock can add up to 15 groups. There is a free app for Android or iOS for remote controlling the device. For tolerating toughness, it is made up of ADC 12 aluminum and has an IP65 waterproof rating. This smart lock can be used for multiple purposes such as indoors, outdoors, suitcases, gym bags, handbags, furniture, bicycles, etc.
It is made up of solid alloy and steel metal and has no possibilities of opening on the body. Unlike other padlocks, the body is quite smooth and rush. We have dropped the lock from the table for almost 2-3 times. Even after that, it unlocks. So, the functioning is quite smooth and long-lasting. Moreover, it retains one charging for almost one month if you are locking for 30 times in a day. But, you cannot unlock the lock with the app directly. Fingerprint registration is a must. Our team highly recommended this padlock in terms of price, safety, durability, and ease of use.
Biometric lock is the fastest way to open the lock. When you compare the fingerprint sensor all the major smart locks, it has the best sensor.
2. eGee Touch Outdoor Smart Padlock 3rd Gen- Best Bluetooth Outdoor Padlock
- FOR OUTDOOR or INDOOR USE, WATERPROOF, FREEZEPROOF & CORROSION-Resistant (pass highest grade 6 ASTM salt-test). Robust &...
- SMART & KEYLESS: No key, No combination code to remember & No tiny 3-digit-wheels to dials. Unlocking & tracking with...
- PATENTED MULTIPLE ACCESS METHODS provide EXTRA convenience to user's preferred unlocking choices; with smartphone,...
Along with smartphones, you can even add devices such as a smartwatch. In reality, this is a very hard lock made of strong metal with no possibilities of attacking with additional tools. Moreover, the NFC tag provided can be used as a backup. The size is small that you can even put it in your pockets. Except for the fingerprint unlocking system, it has the great features that surpass this drawback. Bluetooth accessibility is a good feature which we like the most.
If you are looking more towards the connectivity of the lock, eGee Touch Outdoor Smart Padlock 3rd Gen is a great option. Since it connects with almost all kinds of smart devices.
3. Megafeis Fingerprint Padlock- Budget-friendly Smart Outdoor Gate Lock
- 【Long Run Time】: MEGAFEIS Smart padlocks have lower power consumption and longer standby time. The USB rechargeable...
- 【Rugged Construction】: The padlock beam is made of stainless steel for excellent tamper resistance. IP65...
- 【Bluetooth Function】: Connect smart padlock to free mobile app by Bluetooth. You can use the app to register...
The body of the lock is sturdy and made up of alloy and stainless steel. The small size makes it portable to use. We have also done a drop test on this lock, and it passed. It still unlocks with the help of fingerprints. Thus, the lock is sturdy enough to tolerate the attack of additional tools like a hammer. The app is very easy and useful. You can see up to 1000 previous records of lock openings. This is quite a good feature if they are offering a ‘share’ feature. With regards to price, we found it a worthy device with all of the considerable features.
If you own an airbnb or some other kind of rental, then you might want a system like Megafis that makes it easier for you to share the access without you having to go down the property.
4. No clock Fingerprint Padlock- Rechargeable Smart Lock For Outdoor Gate
- 【Safe and Reliable】 Your finger is now your password. The Fingerprint ID function brings a new, secure and private...
- 【IP65 Waterproof 】 Meeting the international IP65 waterproof level standard, it can be used at rainy days. Playing a...
- 【USB Charging & Long Running Time】Low power consumption and long standby; due to a 100MAH lithium battery, the...
The body of the lock is made up of a heavy-duty mixture of alloy and stainless steel. We found it sturdy enough to bear the attacks and sudden drops. Yet, we have done a drop test and a hammer test over the lock. The good thing is that it passes in both the tests. Thus, the lock is durable to use for a long time. The one drawback is that you cannot unlock it with an app from remote locations, and also there is no option of sharing access with family or friends.
If you want your smart lock to withstand heavy impact as well as the harsh weather conditions, then we recommend Nocklock Fingerprint Padlock just for its construction.
5. YeeSite Smart Fingerprint Security Touch Keyless Biometric Lock with USB- Multipurpose Smart Lock For Outdoor Gate
- Smart Fingerprint Lock - Farewell to keys and cumbersome numbers, your finger is the key. Never worry about losing your...
- IP65 Waterproof Rating - Up to IP65 rated weatherproof electronic lock is resistant to water and dust efficiently....
- High Security & Sturdy Structure - The fingerprint padlock body is made of aluminum alloy and the lock beam is made of...
The user would need only 1 second to unlock this biometric lock. It is highly secured because of its sturdy structure. The body of the padlock is made up of aluminum alloy whereas the lock beam is made up of stainless steel for protecting cabinet or home from thieves. The product is quite durable and cannot be broken with a hammer or any other heavy object.
There are not many smart outdoor locks with rechargeable batteries, YeeSite Smart Fingerprint lock gives you that option.
6. GATEXPERT Wireless Keypad- Smart Lock For Heavy Gates
- DUAL CHANNEL TRANSMITTERS -- Activated only after having entered a Suitable combination.
- UTMOST SECURITY-- Designed for installation in indoor or outdoor locations,the transmitted code is changed at each...
- BATTERY LIFE -- Estimated 2 years of operation (considering 10 transmissions/day),you can change the battery by...
The wireless keypad lock is highly secured as it matches the rating standard of IP54. It can be operated and activated from an open distance of 200 meters and the indoor distance of 35 meters. The transmission power of the device is about 1mW. The battery of the product can support up to 10 calculations per day, thus maintaining the high-level security standards. The product is durable and cannot be broken with a hammer. It also supports effortless locking with the wireless keypad.
If you own an automatic gate opener and you want a lock to go with it, GATEXPERT Wireless Keypad lock would be the best choice.
7. Master Lock Padlock Outdoor Personal Use Bluetooth Lock- Military Grade Smart Padlock
- For indoor and outdoor use; all-weather lock is best used for residential gates, sheds, garages, outdoor storage lockers...
- Use your smartphone to unlock Bluetooth padlock, or enter directional code on lock keypad for easy backup entry when...
- Share temporary or permanent access via Bluetooth or keypad code with invited guests , monitor activity, and receive...
This product supports up to 10 locks, and the padlock includes a 2-piece weather cover along with the metal body construction. The shackle of the product is made up of boron carbide, and the presence of anti-shim locking mechanism improves the strength, security, and the weather resistance. Due to the metal body of the Padlock, it is durable in nature. The lock can be easily opened with the help of the Smartphone via Bluetooth or keypad code.
If you want to use the lock for several different purposes, then Master lock Padlock is an all-round lock which works with most type of outdoor gates.
Buyer’s Guide- What To Consider While buying Smart Lock For Outdoor Gate?
Locks acts as security guards of our homes. It means they must be strong enough to control hard situations. This is what we are going to discuss in this article. Like strong construction, there are many factors to look upon before purchasing a best smart lock for outdoor gate. The smart lock contains extra features and thus require more attention. So, let’s see what you have to consider.
1. Battery life
Smart locks either use alkaline batteries or rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. The most advanced form is rechargeable batteries. So, you are going to have a USB cable with those locks for charging. The point here is to consider their battery life. Battery life is important because it makes the device to function properly without any sort of disturbance. Usually, battery life is mentioned with every smart lock that you are going to buy. It is represented as the number of times you can use the smart lock with one charge. A good smart lock generally gives a rechargeable battery life in months with one charge. It also depends upon the number of times you have operated the smart lock. If you want the lock with best battery life go for WGCCFingerprint Padlock.
2. Alternate locking mechanisms
Even smart locks come with different entry options. In some of the locks, you will encounter a coding system while others use a fingerprint sensor to open. There are special apps designed to control the lock from remote locations or see the battery and another status over the phone directly. The smart locks with a fingerprint sensor or Bluetooth are popular among others because of ease of use. Depending upon your preference, you can choose from alternate locking mechanisms of smart locks.
3. Guest keys
Well, this feature is not present in all smart locks. Guest keys mean sharing access to your lock with your relatives or friends. And, this is all done via a smart app. This feature of sharing access is very impressive and loving by all customers. So, you can also consider this factor if you are most of the times not present in homes when your relatives or friends come.
Quality matters a lot here; otherwise, your investment will be wasted. So, always check for the material quality of smart locks. Generally, they are made up of strong metal like alloy or aluminum or a combination of both. In some cases, you will also see quality ratings in terms of grades. The most common rating is ANSI quality rating that has three grade divisions. Obviously, grade 1 is the best while grade 2 is also suitable residential lock purposes. Along with quality, also have a look at the style of construction. It should not be like those locks that can be easily opened with other tools. It means that the style of construction should be strong and not divided. As far as the construction quality is concerned we love Megafeis Fingerprint Padlock and No clock Fingerprint Padlock.
5. Weatherproof rating
Smart locks are sensitive electronics. So, they must be handled with care. This is the reason most of these locks comes with the additional weatherproof rating. The common of these ratings are rain resistant and water-resistant. A lock, when applied to an outdoor gate or bags, etc., is touched by the outer environments like heat, water or humidity. Thus, a smart lock needs protection from this environment and must contain a weatherproof. You may also find some smart locks saying that they are not suitable to tolerate harsh environments like water and heat. Well, you can also go with them if you will be using locks for inner purposes only.
During our tests we realized that most of the best smart lock for outdoor gates are all similar in design. All have fingerprint sensor and most of the them can be connected to smart devices via Bluetooth or NFC. Only thing that you have to make sure that fingerprint works in almost all the weather conditions and does not take much time once the finger is on the scanner. If you are more keen on tracking then make sure the app associate with the lock helps you do that efficiently.