A hygrometer is an important device to opt for. It does more than you expect. This device is great for protecting your guitar. If you are a professional guitarist, you simply can’t avoid buying one. To help you out, we have analyzed the top 10 products, interviewed 3 professional guitarists for more than 82 hours. And we have found the Oasis HH Combo OH-30 is the best hygrometer for guitar with manual re-calibration. You can opt for the Music Nomad MN305 HumiReader in case you are looking for an affordable option.
Our Top Choice
Best Hygrometer For Guitar
|Oasis HH Combo OH-30||100 feet||1 Year||Check Price|
|SensorPush Wireless Hygrometer||100 Meter||1 Year||Check Price|
|Music Nomad MN305 HumiReader||100 Feet||1 Year||Check Price|
|Inkbird ITH-10 Digital Hygrometer||100 Feet||1 Year||Check Price|
|Oasis OH-2 Digital Hygrometer||100 Meter||5 Years||Check Price|
|Taylor Precision 1732 Hygrometer||100 Feet||1 Year||Check Price|
1. Oasis HH Combo OH-30 – Best For Guitar Case
- Offers single-unit humidifierhygrometer combination
- Includes adjustable humidification settings
- Allows for user re-calibration of hygrometer
The Oasis HH Combo OH-30 comes along with a single unit product that is compact and smart at the same time. The ideal hygrometer for guitar case is small, smart, and also efficient for your use if you are a guitar player by profession. This comes along with adjustable humidification settings which can always alert you when you need the most. The hygrometer for guitar gives you a great response which allows you to get the accurate readings immediately. Since it is small and compact, the battery consumption is very less. Even if you keep the product on for almost 24X7, it will run for 15 days without any charge.
The Oasis HH Combo OH-30 comes along with a wide range of RH accuracy from 1% to 99% which indicates the level of humidity present. You can also get a 1-year warranty with the product.
If you are looking for the best hygrometer for guitar case, the Oasis HH Combo OH-30 is the ideal hygrometer for guitar to choose.
2. SensorPush Wireless Hygrometer – Best For Tylor Guitar
- Accurate: Swiss-made sensing component with accuracy of ±3%RH, ±0.3°C / 0.5°F. Professional-grade components,...
- Versatile: With its small, attractive design, the HT1 is at home just about anywhere: in a refrigerator, freezer,...
- Flexible: Use the sensor and your phone via Bluetooth or add a SensorPush G1 WiFi Gateway (sold separately) for data and...
The SensorPush Wireless Hygrometer for guitar comes along with a flexible and smart calibration which allows the user to get a proper response from the hygrometer for guitar. It comes along with a smart technology that connects the hygrometer with an application. This allows you to easily check the recordings in your smartphone application. The data storage is unlimited and so you can easily get recordings for more than one room or a single place. This hygrometer for guitar comes along with remote access which helps you to get recording for your hygrometer easily.
The SensorPush Wireless Hygrometer comes along with a high humidity accuracy and a great response. Apart from this, it has a 1-year manufacturer warranty for you to get the support.
If you have a Tylor guitar and looking for a proper hygrometer for guitar to take care, the SensorPush Wireless Hygrometer is the best choice for you.
3. Music Nomad MN305 HumiReader – Best For Guitar Room
- Hygrometer comes with a long-lasting AG13 battery. AG13/LR44 batteries required (best with Polaroid AG13/LR44 batteries)
- Accurate sensor measures humidity and temperature every 20 seconds
- Innovative 3-in-1 design for sound hole, case, or room
The Music Nomad MN305 HumiReader comes along with a long-lasting battery capacity which provides you optimum support for 30 days even without any charge. The product comes along with a compact and simple structure that is efficient for you to use. The hygrometer for guitar updates the humidity for every 20 seconds that give optimum results for you. Since it is compact, the product has multiple features which makes it appropriate for soundhole, case or for a guitar room. The accuracy is relatively high which makes it a great buy.
The Music Nomad MN305 HumiReader comes along with dual display with humidity and temperature that gives a proper result. Apart from this, it gives you a 1-year warranty on the product.
If you are looking for the best for guitar room, the Music Nomad MN305 HumiReader is the best choice for you.
4. Inkbird ITH-10 Digital Hygrometer – Best For Auditorium
- 👍👍【Digital Thermometer】Mini Digital Humidity Thermometer allows you to easily know the environment temperature...
- 👍👍【Easy to Use】 Support °C/°F mode, and read display easily and immediately.Record Max. and Min. values of...
- 👍👍【Multi-functional scenes】Can be placed in household, guitar case, green house, office and labs.
The Inkbird ITH-10 Digital Hygrometer comes with an LCD digital display that displays the accurate temperature and humidity accordingly. The product comes in dual-mode that can easily display the temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit. Apart from this, we found out that the read display is easy and bright so you will have no problem. So even if you are in an auditorium or open air, the Inkbird ITH-10 Digital Thermometer is an ideal hygrometer for a guitar to pick. Moreover, we found that since it is compact, this hygrometer for guitar becomes easy to carry and you can attract it to the guitar at any time.
The 23℉-140℉ comes along with small buttons which allows you to manually adjust the recording settings. Apart from this, you can also get a 1-year warranty with the product.
If you are looking forward to performing in an auditorium, the 23℉-140℉ is the best that you can pick.
5. Oasis OH-2 Digital Hygrometer – Best For Home
- Guaranteed for 5 full years
- Super-slim profile design with secure Velcro mount fits anywhere
- Advanced humidity sensor maintains exceptional accuracy for years
The Oasis OH-2 Digital Hygrometer comes along with a slim black finish that looks attractive to carry. The product is small and comes with clippers that allow you to easily attach the hygrometer for the guitar with the instrument. The product comes along with an LCD display in a black font which allows you to read even under broad daylight. Apart from this, it has manual control buttons that allow the user to easily change the settings. So it can easily record the high and low temperatures with perfect measurements in Celsius and Fahrenheit.
The Oasis OH-2 Digital Hygrometer comes along with a 5 years guarantee on the product ensuring you a long time. The battery backup is also good for you to get it running without much charge.
If you are looking for a home hygrometer for guitar, the Oasis OH-2 Digital Hygrometer is the best choice for you.
6. Taylor Precision 1732 Hygrometer – Best For Professionals
- This digital indoor comfort level station displays room humidity percentage and indoor temperatures in °F or °C
- Features include a built-in clock and daily maximum/minimum indoor temperature and humidity recall
- The colorful 5-level humidity comfort level indicator indicates room comfortability
The Taylor Precision 1732 Hygrometer for guitar comes along with strong wireless sensors that can give you the relative information from anywhere in the world and especially in air-conditioned rooms and places with heatwaves. The hygrometer for guitar comes along with a smart and unique design that includes a large LCD screen. The bold black fonts of the Taylor guitar hygrometer are ready for a clear display that allows you to get accurate results while they are on display. Apart from this, we found out that the product can easily measure the comfort level index as well as the air indoor quality.
The Taylor guitar hygrometer comes along with a 5 level comfort humidity display that indicates you with any type of alarms. It comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty for you to use.
If you are a professional and looking for a perfect hygrometer for guitar, the Taylor Precision 1732 Hygrometer is the best choice for you.
Buying Guide – How To Choose A Hygrometer For Guitar?
1. Types Of Guitar Hygrometer
There are three main types of guitar hygrometer that you need to know about before purchasing one. Here we have mentioned all the different types to make sure you can get yourself the best hygrometer for your guitar.
a. Room Hygrometer
Do you prefer keeping your guitar out of the case and hang it on the wall for display purpose? If yes, then the ideal option for you is to go with a room humidifier. They are great for keeping the whole room regulated. The best part of having a room humidifier is that it will not only keep your guitar safe but will also ensure a room with more than 30% humidity. It keeps your environment healthy to sustain.
These types of hygrometers for guitars are expensive due to the electrical components they have. You need to choose wisely in that case.
b. Soundhole Hygrometer
Now as the name suggests, this hygrometer for guitars sits around or in your guitar’s soundhole. It covers the soundhole completely or sits in between the strings and has the machine hanging down the guitar. This is one of the most popular among the others due to the affordability and user-friendly interface. But the only con is that it works if the guitar is stored in a case.
c. Guitar Case Hygrometer
These humidifiers sit in your guitar case and keep the whole case managed. They, for the most part, appear as either material or plastic tube to permit water vapor to go through, or a pouch which does practically something very similar. As with soundhole models, these humidifiers will possibly work if the guitar spends more often than not for its situation. If you want to keep it in your room, the Oasis HH Combo OH-30 is the best hygrometer for guitar for you.
One of the most crucial factors to consider while buying a guitar hygrometer is to check the size of the product. Ending up buying a heavy model will create portability issues. We would suggest you pick something easy to mount or hang on the wall.
Remember, a heavyweight model will not let you control and travel with it. To keep your guitar safe from the excessive moisture and humid level, you would require a simple yet highly efficient model.
3. Ease Of Reading
Go for a hygrometer for guitar that comes with the ease of reading. The numbers should be huge enough so that you can easily look at them. It is a smart choice to go with a backlit model that has lighting to let you view the digits. The Taylor Precision 1732 Hygrometer is the best hygrometer for guitar in terms of display and reading.
4. Reading Accuracy
Another factor to look for in a hygrometer for guitar is reading accuracy. It is mandatory to look at the factor that the readings taken are correct. Having a reading accuracy is a must for any hygrometer to understand the exact humidity level. It will help you to take the preferable measurement. The Oasis HH Combo OH-30 has a good reading accuracy.
Purchasing a hygrometer for guitar isn’t fulfilling except if you get a decent time of warranty. It is an absolute necessity to check the warranty time frame that the makers are offering with the product. This guarantees a superior experience and great help. You can choose from the picked product for a more drawn out period without bothering a lot. In this way, we propose you should not abstain from taking a gander at the warranty time frame. The hygrometers have 1-2 years of the warranty time frame. The Oasis OH-2 Digital Hygrometer comes with a 5 years guarantee for you.
Tips To Store Guitar And Hygrometer
1. Never leave a humidifier in direct contact with the instrument – either suspend it from the strings or spot it for the situation where it isn’t contacting the wood.
2. Monitor the humidity in both the room and the guitar case. Cases will in general show diverse humidity readings as they are disengaged frameworks – particularly hardshell models. In this way, when you check the room, check the case as well.
3. Supplementing a case or soundhole humidifier with a room humidifier is an amazing method to keep your guitar in the best conditions consistently.
4. If conceivable, keep your guitar for its situation at whatever point it isn’t being used.
5. When out of its case, keep off your guitar from open windows, warmers, and climate control systems. Keep it out of direct daylight for delayed periods.
6. Attempt to abstain from moving a guitar from cold to hot conditions (and the other way around) too quickly. It can cause damage and minor breaks.
7. Keep your guitar in a livable spot, for example, a room or family room. You should not store the guitar in unheated zones including carports, attics, sheds, and vehicle trunks. It can prompt damage as temperature and humidity change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Experts say that the ideal humidity for keeping an acoustic guitar is 45-55% whereas the electric one can be anything between 540-60%. You need a good quality hygrometer to get accurate readings of humidity levels.
One of the main things that you need to know about a guitar is that they are made up of wood and thus, they tend to contracts and swells with the temperature and humidity change. Increasing humidity levels may cause swelling of guitar and lower humidity levels; on the other hand, it may cause the guitar to contract. All these can cause cracks in your guitar and can destroy it. Thus, you need to humidify the guitar.
To humidify a guitar for your situation, you should simply purchase a humidifier, supply it with water, and stick it for your situation. The main thing you should know about is that, for humidifiers that have a sponge, you need to hose the humidifier (not flood it). Water can unleash destruction on your instrument, so take care when utilizing a humidifier.
No, Of course not! Acoustic guitars are much more related to humidity issues since they are fragile. They depend highly on the wood quality for their volume as well as tone. On the other hand, electric guitars rely on the amplifiers and the pickups. Both of the guitars are made up of wood and are prone to crack or break. Thus, the minimum levels of humidity should be generally between 40 to 60%.
In case your humidity is reliably in the range of 35 to 45 percent, re-wet the Dampit each 10 to 14 days. Working artists who routinely perform in dry areas and winter atmospheres should keep their soundhole humidifier soggy constantly, and utilize a second humidifier as recently referenced.
Rule of thumb is, don’t leave your guitar anywhere that you would be uncomfortable yourself. That said, if the instrument does get left in a cold car, it’s not the end of the world. The biggest risk is to the finish, if it warms up too fast, it’s gonna crack.
A hygrometer used for guitar is a must for every professional instrument players. They are great to protect your instrument for humidity and unnecessary moisture. There are so many products available online that can make you confuse. But, we have gone through all the amazing hygrometers available online for guitars to give you a closer look at what is best for you. Furthermore, we have found the Oasis HH Combo OH-30 is the best hygrometer for guitar.