The SimpliSafe Home Security System was created by Protect America, Inc., mainly for residential use. This home security system comprises a base station, entry sensors, motion detectors, cameras, and smoke and CO detectors. The ring is known for the video doorbell that it produces and sells.
These two products do not seem to have much in common at first glance, but they both serve the same purpose and can help you keep your home secure if working together, so here is a guide on are SimpliSafe And Ring Compatible.
SimpliSafe and Ring: Compatibility?
One of the common questions people tend to have is whether or not the two products are compatible. If you’re looking for a DIY home security system compatible with a ring doorbell, this is the answer you’ve been waiting for!
- The SimpliSafe Home Security System offers no contracts or fees while providing excellent protection to your home. If you purchase SimpliSafe, you won’t need a contract to enjoy the service, which many others rely on.
- The SimpliSafe system also comes with a 90-day guarantee when you buy it, so if you’re not happy with it, return it and receive your money back. The Ring video doorbell has a 90-day refund policy as well. Still, most people don’t cancel their order until after a year of use because of the satisfaction they received from this product.
- Both SimpliSafe and Ring offer home security systems that work over Wi-Fi. The two systems function very differently, however: SimpliSafe does not integrate with third-party devices but is cheaper for customers on a budget.
- On the other hand, Ring integrates with third-party devices like Alexa and other cameras to provide complete home surveillance from anywhere in the world. For example, if you want a reliable system for your smart home that can work seamlessly with popular devices like Alexa, then you should go for Ring.
But what about customers who don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars a month on top of the monthly costs for their security system? Are SimpliSafe and Ring compatible? Which one is better in terms of value, reliability, and cost?
How SimpliSafe works
SimpliSafe offers basic home security features: window and door sensors, motion sensors, smoke detectors, and entry alarms.
The most popular setup is to buy one base station plus five additional sensors. You can also buy additional sensors for other rooms.
When you purchase SimpliSafe, the company also gives you a free Internet hub that connects all your sensors to a base station.
The base station connects to your router via Ethernet cable, and it starts sending notifications to the Internet-connected hub immediately.
You can access the system remotely on any web browser and manage your security features. For example, if you want to arm or disarm a sensor, you just need to click on your desired device and change its state. You can also create and save your custom profiles.
The only devices that can integrate with SimpliSafe are the base station, security cameras, and the hub. For example, you cannot add a key fob to your system.
You cannot connect another type of sensor or camera to the hub. In general, you cannot use any other device when setting up SimpliSafe (because it’s not compatible), and you cannot use any other third-party security device on top of it.
How To choose the best compatible devices?
Let us compare both systems to get an idea of which one might be better suited for homeowners like you based on what you’re looking for in a security system.
SimpliSafe vs. Ring: Costs
For brevity’s sake, we will compare SimpliSafe with the Home Security Starter Kit, which includes an entry sensor, motion sensor, keypad, and base station. Comparing this kit with Ring Spotlight Cam Battery and Chime Pro.
For SimpliSafe, you also get a free keychain remote for arming and disarming purposes. This is not included with the Ring system.
Ring Home Security Kit (16 days of access at $30/day, $180/month)
Videos of the Ring system in action:
SimpliSafe Home Security Kit (One year at $99.95, which is about the same as the cost for a Ring system with the same accessories for one year)
- Cost breakdown: Motion Sensor ~$20 Keychain Remote ~$38 Home Security Starter Kit ~$178 Total: $258.50 or less with savings from coupons and discounts.
- Difference: Ring is about $10 more expensive than the SimpliSafe system, but saving $180 for a year’s worth of security is a significant discount. You could say that the equipment expense on the Ring system is only about every two months, which makes it more affordable in the long term.
Here you have to write steps for the specific brand in detail. It should help the reader. Try to write it in steps or bullet points that help to provide a clear solution. Try to research on google and check YouTube videos to know the exact procedure to fix it.
When writing steps for different products, either to fix it or program it. The steps should be different from the steps mentioned in the first heading.
- Amazon Alexa is compatible with SimpliSafe.
- Google Assistant is a virtual assistant created by Google.
- Apple Watch is a wearable device developed by Apple.
- To use these integration capabilities, you must be a subscriber to the SimpliSafe Interactive Monitoring Plan. Users of the SimpliSafe system may arm it with their voice and incorporate it into their home automation routines. Go here to learn how to enable the SimpliSafe Home Control skill on an Alexa or Google Home device and a list of voice commands.
- SimpliSafe cannot be disarmed via voice control for security reasons. SimpliSafe may also be controlled via your Apple Watch, allowing instant access to your system from anywhere.
- SimpliSafe does not work with other smart home devices.
Is SimpliSafe easily hackable?
SimpliSafe is difficult to break into. While it is theoretically feasible to hack into anything, “simple” is a misnomer.
Why does my SimpliSafe doorbell not ring?
Check the wire connections for tightness if the doorbell does not ring. If you’re still having problems, please contact customer service for assistance.
How does the SimpliSafe doorbell ring?
When someone presses the doorbell button, the SimpliSafe app notifies you. Because the doorbell is connected to your current chime, it will also ring inside your home, however it changed our previous chime from a two-toned “ding-dong” to a single “ding.”
Leave a Reply