If you want to purchase a video doorbell but are confused about which one to get, we are here to help. Skybell is one of the most renowned names in the video doorbell segment. To find the key to get the perfect doorbell for your house, we have tested the two top models: Skybell HD and Skybell Trim Plus. Our post would definitely help you select one as per your need. So, let’s start.
Skybell HD and Skybell Trim Plus are substantial video doorbell cameras that can be smart solutions in home security. Where both Skybell video doorbells offer top-class features and quality, there are certain differences. The doorbells have HD video cameras, night vision, 180-degree field of view, motion detection feature, two-way audio, and free cloud storage. Both the doorbells can withstand extreme weather conditions and boast a full-color day and night vision camera.
Choosing between the two is basically choosing between the design, shape, and frames per second captured by the video doorbells. The Skybell HD comes in a round shape and offers 30 FPS, whereas Skybell trim plus comes in a rectangular and slim design with a 15 FPS rate. You will get a better video quality with the FPS rate of Skybell HD as compared to Skybell Trim Plus. With the sleek and slim design of Skybell Trim Plus, you can get a perfect fit for your door. It is recommended to select the one with a feature that you think is predominant.
As per our testing, the green flag is given to Skybell HD. This version of the Skybell doorbell has an FPS rate of 30, which will capture a clearer video in case of fast motion in front of the camera. This feature can be more useful than going behind the design and shape of the video doorbell.
Skybell HD Vs. Skybell Trim Plus: Comparison Chart
|Category||SKYBELL HD||SKYBELL TRIM PLUS|
|Video Resolution & FPS||720p/ 1080p HD Camera, 30FPS||720p/ 1080p HD Camera, 15 FPS|
|Night Vision||Coloured Night vision up to 15 feet||Coloured Night vision up to 15 feet|
|Field of View||180 degrees||180 degrees|
|Zoom||5 times zoom||5 times zoom|
|Motion detector, 2-way audio,live monitoring||Available||Available|
|Temperature Resistance||Ranging between -5 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit||Ranging between -40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Size||2.8″ x 2.8″ x 0.9″||1.44” x 4.8” x 1.13”|
|Price||Check Price||No products found.|
Skybell HD and Skybell Trim Plus: Differences
Although the same brand provides both the doorbells, none of them is lesser in features and qualities. As the Skybell trim Plus is the successor of Skybell HD, it has certainly advanced and improved features. Skybell HD also has certain features better than Skybell trim plus. Let’s have a look at the differences.
1. Frames Per Second
Frames per second or FPS means the speed at which the camera can capture a video. While both the doorbells have a high-definition 1080p camera with a 5X zoom feature, the two of them are different in the case of Frames per second. A higher Fps is generally recommended.Skybell HD – 30 FPS Skybell Trim Plus – 15 FPS
In the case of fast motion in front of the camera, the FPS plays a significant role in capturing a clearer video. You will get a loitered video with lower FPS. Therefore, it will become difficult to recognize who was at the door in fast motion. Skybell HD has a double rate of FPS as Skybell trim plus.
2. Shape And Design
The next feature in which the doorbells differ is their shape, size, and design. The Skybell HD comes in a round shape with dimensions of 2.8″ x 2.8″ x 0.9″, whereas Skybell Trim Plus comes in a rectangular shape with dimensions of 1.44” x 4.8” x 1.13”.
Skybell Trim plus has a slim and sleek design, which can be a perfect fit for any door. It provides a look more like a traditional doorbell. Skybell HD doesn’t have the appeal of a doorbell wit7qh its round shape, with Skybell imprinted on the button.
Skybell HD And Skybell trim plus: Similarities
After you are aware of the models’ differences, let’s explore how the Skybell HD and Skybell trim plus are similar.
1. Video Resolution
Both the doorbells provide a high definition camera with a video resolution of 1080p. They have a full-color night vision feature as well up to 15 feet.
2. Field of View
Both the cameras have a field view area of 180 degrees. This can be increased by using a wedge plate along with the video doorbells.
The video doorbells flaunt 5 times zoom feature in their cameras. The zoom feature allows you to look at people a little far away from your doors as well.
4. Power And Wiring
You have the facility to install both the doorbells in the existing hardwired doorbell cable connection. No separate wiring or connection is required to be installed by you.
5. Motion Sensor
The doorbells have a smart motion sensor and alert sensor. With the motion-sensing feature, you’ll get an alert on your connected device about any motion in front of the doorbell cameras.
6. Two-way Audio
With the two-way audio facility, you can talk with the person on the other side of the door. Both the doorbells come with this feature.
Features And Technical Specifications Of Skybell HD
- Integration with home automation devices - i.e. set up rules to automatically turn on the porch lights when motion is...
- 1080P, full color night vision, silence chime, on-demand video and recorded clips, two-way audio, motion sensor,...
Skybell HD has the following features and definitions, and technical specifications to enhance your home security.
- The doorbell has a high definition 1080p full-color night vision camera.
- It comes with a two-way audio facility, a motion sensor, and a smart alarm system to notify you through your phone.
- The doorbell is compatible with smart speakers.
- Has a 7-day free video storage facility
- Can stand against extreme weather conditions
- Can be installed to the existing doorbell connection of your house
- The silent mode enables you to ring the doorbell only on your mobile device without disturbing others.
- Skybell HD also has 5 times zoom feature in its camera.
Specifications Of Skybell HD
The technical specifications of the product are:
- Product dimensions- 7.1*2.3*7.1 centimetres
- Product weight- 54.4 grams
- Camera resolution- 1080p HD camera with 5 times zoom
- No batteries needed
- Connected to Android and iOS devices through Wi-Fi
- Comes in a round shape
Things included in the Skybell HD box are:
- Skybell HD Wi-Fi Video Doorbell- Wired
- Mounting Hardware
- Owner’s manual
Features And Technical Specifications Of Skybell Trim Plus
- Honeywell Intrusion DBCAM-TRIMBR
With Skybell trim plus home security is made easy. Skybell Trim Plus has the following features and specifications:
- It has a full-color high definition 1080p video camera
- Comes with motion sensors providing additional security
- Has live monitoring feature which can be enabled through the app
- Free video recording feature to watch them anytime
- The doorbell comes with two-way audio to have a conversation with the visitor
- Multiple users can operate a doorbell
- Activity history feature to review the day’s events
- The quiet mode enables you to turn off the doorbell’s sound from the app
- Photos of the visitors can be captured with a touch on the button
- Skybell HD is designed to work in extreme weather conditions
- It comes with an anti-theft warranty and, if stolen, is replaced free of cost
- Free cloud storage for up to 7 days
Specifications of Skybell Trim Plus
The technical specifications of the product are:
- Product dimension- 8*6*4 inches
- Product weight- 6.4 ounces
- Camera Resolution- 1920*1080p with 5 times zoom
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Comes in a slim rectangular design
Things included in the Skybell Trim Plus box are:
- Skybell Trim Plus Smart Wi-Fi Video Doorbell- Wired
- Mounting Hardware
- Owner’s manual
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the frequently asked questions about Skybell doorbells have been provided below so that you don’t have to rush through websites to find them.
It is not necessary to have a hardwired connection but it is preferable to have one. Skybell requires a direct power on one side while a wired doorbell is required on the other side.
Skybell needs a full-time power connection. Skybell requires a low-voltage power connection from 10-36 VAC and 12 VDC with an amp range of 0.5 to 1.0.
No, Skybell requires you to pay the amount at once while purchasing the product. You do not have to pay any monthly or subscription charges later. All the features are provided free of cost.
There’s no limit on the number of devices which you can connect to the doorbell. The required thing is to have a compatible device. Each user will receive the alert and one user can answer the live video feed.
Yes, Skybell doorbells require a full-time internet connection to work. They are compatible with B/G/N wireless networks. Skybell doorbells do not work without a stable internet connection.