If you are planning to install a flagpole in your house then it is necessary to know the standard size of the flag pole and how high it can be from the ground. Here are some details about the size of a single or double-story house.
Things To Keep In Mind:
The following things are to be kept in mind while sizing the Flag Pole for house:
- The Size of the house is what determines the size of the pole. The most common size used is 20 feet and 23 to 29 feet for single-story and double-story houses respectively.
- The second important factor is the distance from which the flag is to be seen by most people which is generally the distance between the main road and the home. If the distance is large, a long pole has to be used but it is not recommended because longer poles make the house appear smaller.
- The Pole size must be appropriate for the size of the flag you wish to use or you’ve purchased. Hence, a large flag requires a longer pole as compared to a smaller flag. It is required not only to make it look good but also for the sake of the stability of the flag.
Having all these above-mentioned factors checked, you can now easily size the accurate Flag Pole for your house.
What Size Flag Pole For 2 Story House?
The size of a flagpole does not differ very much from that of a single-story house. The recommended sizes are 20 feet or a 25 feet flagpole with 3×5 feet or 4×6 feet flag respectively.
You can set up your flagpole on your lawn if you have a small island in your driveway or you can hang the flagpole on your house also. For setting the flagpole on your house soffit, a 5 feet flagpole with a 2×3 flag, and a 6 feet pole with a 3×5 feet flag.
How To Hang Flag Pole On A House?
It is very easy to hang a flagpole on the house. The flagpole set comes with a pole, mostly a 6 feet pole, two rotating mounting rings, a nylon bracket with space provided for three screws, and mounting bracket screws.
After that just follow these steps:
- You need to find a suitable location to hang the flagpole. Hang the flag at some suitable place to erase the wrinkles.
- To attach the flag on the pole, you need to attach the clips provided to each hole on the pole.
- Both the rings can now be adjusted on the pole.
- Tighten the nut to fix the rings. These rings fold the flag securely in its place.
- Fix the ball on the top of the pole after inserting the pole on the side of the flag.
- Pull tight the flag on the ring previously fixed and tighten it.
- Do the same with the ring on the top.
- Now you need to hang the pole at a suitable place, usually the soffit of the house.
- Fix the mounting bracket with the help of mounting screws and a powerless drill.
- The bracket usually needs three screws to be properly fixed.
- Tighten the screws and make sure that the bracket is securely fixed.
- Now all you need to do is fix the flagpole on the mounting bracket you just installed. Insert the flagpole and push a little.
- The pole is tightly fixed now and you are done.
How Tall Is A Typical Flagpole?
Flagpoles have various sizes since they need to be installed following many other factors of location, ground, and size of the building or the house. The size of the flagpole also depends on the size of the flag being flown.
The flagpole for a single-story house is just 15 to 20 feet high with a flag of 3×5 feet. For a larger house, 25 feet high flagpole with a flag size 4×6 is recommended.
For buildings with large acreage, the flagpole must be at least 25 feet high and the flag size should be complementary to it, 5×8 feet in size.
Should I Get A 20 Or 25 Foot Flagpole?
Getting the right size of the flagpole depends on your ground, building size, flag size, and location. if you have a single-story house, with a little island on your driveway, then voila! Go for a 20 feet flagpole along with a flag of complementary size.
However, if you live in a double-story house or a small building, going for 25 feet flagpole will do the job. keep in mind that you might require professional help for installing the flagpole of such heights.
What Size Flag Do I Need For A 25ft Pole?
A small flag for a 25 ft pole will look so much out of place so buying a flag of proper size is crucial. A flag of size 4×6 is highly recommended and suitable for a 25 ft flagpole giving it an elegant and standard look.
Installing a flagpole in front of your residence is not a question of fashion trend but it also demonstrates your true feelings of respect and support for the country or the organization you are associated so it should be taken very seriously. Along with appropriate sizes of your flagpole and flag, you should always abide by the laws and rules regarding the flag and respect them.