Sous vide cooking is the latest smart method that has made cooking much easier and quicker. There are several smart cookers available today. Two of the best ones are Sansaire Sous Vide Machine and Anova Precision Cooker (Bluetooth + Wi-Fi).
Both devices offer the same functions, but they have several differences. We tested both products for 7 days and created a comparative analysis of both the smart cookers. It will help you choose the most suitable cooker between the two brands. Lets’ have a look at the differences between Anova Vs Sansaire to decide which of two would suit you better.
Sansaire Vs. Anova Sous Vide- Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Anova Bluetooth+ WiFi||Sansaire|
|Maximum Temperature||210 degrees F||210 degrees F|
|Minimum Temperature||77 degrees F||77 degrees F|
|Pump||2.1-2.4 GPM 7-8 LPM||3 GPM/ 11 LPM|
|Amazon Alexa, Google Home||Yes||No|
|360 degrees Directional Pump||Yes||No|
|Power Input Options||120v USA/CA 220v AU 220v EU/Korea 220v UK||110v USA/CA 220v AU/New Zealand 220-240v EU|
|Maximum Immersion Depth||7.25inch||6.5inch|
|Minimum Immersion Depth||2.5inch||2.75inch|
|Maximum Clamp Opening||1.25inch||NA|
|Control Type||Manual Anova App||Manual|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Differences Between Sansaire Vs. Anova Sous Vide
ANOVA is more flexible in its connectivity feature. It can easily integrate with your smart home systems like Amazon Alexa and Google Home. You can control it through voice commands with the help of these voice controllers. It also provides a Wi-Fi connection. It has an app through which you can control it remotely anywhere and anytime you want.
Sansaire, on the other hand, does not integrate with any voice control system. It also does not have a Wi-Fi connection. It can connect to Wi-Fi with the help of Sansaire Delta but you will have to buy it separately. You can only control this device through its buttons manually.
Anova sous vide machine has both manual and app control. It has an LED screen that displays temperature, time and Wi-Fi. There is also a start/stop option on the display screen. You can adjust the temperature of your device manually. It has its app that you can download on your smartphone and use your device remotely. It lets you control your device from anywhere you are and at any time. It offers a lot of recipes that you can try cooking. You just need to choose the recipe, adjust the settings according to that and switch it on to make it work.
Unfortunately, Sansaire only offers a manual control option. It has no Wi-Fi connection facility yet which is why you cannot use the device remotely through the app. This is one reason why we feel that Anova gets the edge over Sansaire.
3. Heat Power
In terms of heat power, Sansaire wins over Anova. It’s heating power is 1100 W while Anova’s heating power is 800 W. This means that Sansaire heats faster than Anova.It is a stronger sous vide machine. So, if you are looking for a fast smart cooker than Sansair would be your choice.
4. Immersion Depth And Range
Anova has more immersion depth and range than Sansaire. Anova offers a better ability to fill different water levels than Sansaire.Anova Sous Vide machine has a maximum depth of 7.5 inches and a minimum depth of 2.5 inches. It gives it an average immersion range of 4.75 inches.Whereas Sansaire has a maximum depth of 6.5 inches and a minimum depth of 2.75 inches with an average range of 3.75 inches.
There is a timer feature in Anova Sous Vide. You can set the timer on it manually or through the app. It will turn off when your food is ready giving you a perfectly cooked food when you come back.Sansaire has no such facility. After the required temperature is set and it needs to turn off, you will have to manually turn it off. It has no such feature to stop on time. It has the safety option of reset system when the temperature goes beyond safe. But still, it is not convenient like Anova in terms of the timer facility.
6. Plug Configuration
Anova Sous Vide has a more versatile plug configuration than Sansaire. It has four configurations that are- 120v USA/CA, 220v AU, 240v EU/Korea, and 220v UK plug. Sansaire has three configurations- 110v USA/CA, 220v New Zealand/AU, and 220-240 EU plug.
The attachment system of both the machies to the cooking pot is different. to the cooking pot. Anova has a clamp mounting system. You can tighten its grip to any kind of container-wide or narrow opening. If your container is thin-mouthed then you just have to screw it in the clamp and it will easily fit there.Sansaire has a clip on its back. It can adjust to fit both wide and thin mouthed vessel. For wide-mouthed containers, you will have to pull the clip off, extend it and then put it back.
Similarities Between Sansaire Vs. Anova Sous Vide
1. LED Display
Both devices have an LED display that shows features like temperature, time, Wi-Fi, etc.
2. Bi-Metal Fuse
Both Anova and Sansaire have a Bi-metal fuse system. They can easily work with almost any kind of metal- steel, iron, aluminum, etc.
Features And Technical Specifications Of Sansaire
- Cook a better steak than expensive steakhouses, for a fraction of the cost
- The Sansaire takes up as much space as a champagne bottle and uses pots or containers you already own
- The same lifestyle benefits of slow cooker cooking, but without dried out, overcooked proteins
- It’s heating power is 1100 Watts
- Its temperature range is 32 degrees F to 212 degrees F
- Its total circulation is 3 gallons per minute
- Its bath size is 6 gallons
- Its temperature stability is at +/- 0.1 degrees at 140 degrees F
- Its weight is 4 lbs
- It has a manual control option
- Its safety features include overheating safety and low water level protection
- Its dimensions are 4” * 4” * 15”
- It offers a 1-year warranty
Features And Technical Specifications Of Anova Sous Vide
- ANOVA PRECISION COOKER WI-FI - Perfect to cook from anywhere with WI-FI. Serves up to 12. Fits on any pot. Adjustable...
- COOK LIKE A PRO - The Anova Precision Cooker allows anyone to cook a restaurant-quality meal at home. Our sous vide...
- PERFECT RESULTS, EVERY TIME - Precision Cooking enables you to produce results that are impossible to achieve through...
- It can cook from your phone through Bluetooth 4.2 and Wi-Fi
- It has an app control
- It is 12.8” tall
- Its maximum cook size is 5 gallons
- It’s heating power is 750 Watts
- It was +/- 0.1 degrees precision
- It offers 1000 + recipes
- Its clamp size is maximum of 0.7″
- Its temperature range is 32 degrees F to 197 degrees F
- Its maximum cook time is up to 90 hours
- Its app is available on both iOS and Android
- Its power requirement is 120V/ 750W
- Its weight is 1.6 lbs
- It offers 2 years warranty
What Is In The Box?
There are several accessories that you get along with the box of both products. The list of items that is present in the boxes of Sansaire and Anova sous vide are-
Sansaire Sous vide
- Sansaire V1.5 immersion circulator (main model)
- Instructional manual book
- Power cord
- Sous vide cooking guide
- Sample recipe cards- 5
- Sansaire steak aging sauce sample
Anova Precision Cooker
- Anova Sous vide cooker (main model)
- Adjustable clamp
- Quick start guide
- User manual
The canisters can last up to 2 hours of continuous use. But people have said that if used properly, they can also last for several months. It depends on how often you use the kit.
You can take the help of the cooking guide book that you get along with the product. There are also a lot of recipes available on the device. You can set it manually or through your smartphone and it will cook it automatically.
Your Anova smart cooker can last up to 2-3 years easily with convenient use. It offers a 2 years guarantee. You have to use it properly and get its regular maintenance done so that your device lasts long.
We hope that our information would be helpful to you in choosing the most suitable smart cooker. Decide the best between the two and then make your cooking easier and quicker.