Video doorbells have emerged as a revolution for home security. You might have also considered getting a video doorbell for your home and getting confused with the wide range of doorbells available in the market.
To ease your hunt for doorbells, we have tested the top two video doorbells from the market: Ring Video Doorbell Pro and Skybell Trim Plus. Here we provide you with a brisk comparison of both the products to perceive which one might best fit your requirements.
Ring Video Doorbell Pro Vs. Skybell Trim Plus: Comparison Chart
|Category||RING VIDEO DOORBELL PRO||SKYBELL TRIM PLUS|
|Video Resolution & FPS||1080p, 15 FPS||1080/720p, 15 FPS|
|Night Vision||Night vision||Full-colour night vision up to 15 feet|
|Field of View||160 degrees||180 degrees|
|Subscription||Required for certain features||Not Required|
|Motion detector, 2-way audio,live monitoring||Not available||Available|
|Power Options||Hardwired to Existing Doorbell||Hardwired to Existing Doorbell|
|Temperature Resistance||Ranging between -5 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit||Ranging between -40 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Subscription Facilities||Review videos, Download videos, 7 days of cloud storage||Five days of video history, All-day recording, Intelligent and quick alerts, Time lapses and activity zone|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Ring Video Doorbell Pro Vs. Skybell Trim Plus: Differences
The point of consideration for selecting a doorbell arises by guaging the differences in both. The difference in features will help you to decide which one is the best fit for your needs.
The Ring Video doorbell has a slight complex installation system than Skybell Trim Plus. For Ring video doorbell you must have a pre-existing doorbell hardwiring or you will be required to take help from a technician.
2. Response Time
Stating about the response of time both the doorbells, Skybell has a better response time. It immediately notifies the user whenever an activity is detected. In the case of Ring video doorbell, it takes 4-7 seconds for the user to receive a notification.
3. Subscription Fees
Skybell only has a one-time payment charge at the time purchase. It does not require any additional charges later for any feature or functioning. Whereas, Ring video doorbell has monthly subscription charges and various other add-ons. Without a subscription, no video can be saved on ring Video doorbell but can be viewed only live. This is not the case in Skybell Trim plus.
4. Weather Resistance
While both the doorbells are weather resistant and can withstand a very low and high range of temperature, Skybell Trim Plus is the better one. Skybell Trim plus can withstand a much lower temperature up to -40 degrees Fahrenheit whereas Ring Video doorbells have the lower range of -5 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Video Camera Resolution
Skybell Trim Plus and Ring Video doorbell both record high-quality video of 1080p. Skybell Trim Plus comes with a setting feature to allow for 720p video recording. Skybell also has a full-colour night- vision video recording which is not available in Ring Video doorbells.
6. Field of view
You might not consider 20 degrees as a matter of concern but talking from the security point of view, it is every degree that matters. Skybell Trim plus has field of view of 180 degrees whereas Ring pro flaunts a field of view of 160 degrees.
Ring Video Doorbell Pro Vs. Skybell Trim Plus: Similarities
1. Camera Resolution
A camera resolution of 1080p is offered by both the video doorbell cameras. You will have a better video quality and clearer image.
The doorbells require a hardwired system to be installed. They have an easy and hassle-free installation procedure.
3. Frames per second
Skybell and Ring pro both offer 30 FPS to the users. This feature is useful in case of fast motion in front of the doorbell camera.
4. Motion Detection
The doorbells have a smart motion sensor and alert sensor. With the motion-sensing feature, you’ll get an alert on your connected device about any motion in front of the doorbell cameras.
5. Two-way audio
With the two-way audio facility, you can talk with the person who is on the other side of the door. Both the doorbells come with this feature
6. Silent mode
The doorbells have a silent mode with the help of which you can turn off the sound of your doorbell. You will instead get an alert on your connected device.
Features And Technical Specifications Of Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Connect your Ring doorbell with Alexa then enable announcements to be alerted when your doorbell is pressed or motion...
- Lets you see, hear and speak to visitors from your phone, tablet and PC
- Sends alerts as soon as motion is detected or when visitors press the Doorbell
Ring Video doorbells provide you with the convenience of answering your doorbell call from anywhere. The Ring video doorbell Pro is connected to your Smartphone, tablet or PC. With the use of the free Ring app you can see, hear and speak to your visitors from anywhere you are.
The Ring video doorbell comes with the following features for better security:
- It has a motion sensor with custom motion zones, infrared night vision and theft protection feature
- Has a crystal-clear 720HD video
- Can be powered with its built-in rechargeable battery or can be connected to your existing doorbell wiring for a continuous charge
- Easy and simple installation and setup
- Can be connected to iOS, Android, Mac and Windows 10 Devices
- Has a field of view of 160 degree
- Comes with a two-way audio feature with noise cancellation
- Can stand in a temperature ranging from -5 to 120 degree F and is weather resistant
- Wi-Fi connectivity and requires a minimum upload speed of 1mbps
Specifications of Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Product Dimensions – 11.43cm x 4.67cm x 2.03cm
- Video resolution – 720HD
- Power – 16-24 VAC transformers
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection @2.4GHz and 5.0GHz
Things included in the Ring video doorbell box are:
- Ring video doorbell Pro
- Four faceplates and a backplate
- Screws and anchors
- Wire clips and wire extensions
- Power kit
- User’s manual
Features And Technical Specifications Skybell Trim Plus
- Honeywell SkyBell Trim 1080p Wi-Fi Video Doorbell - Honeywell 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Image Sensor: CMOS sensor
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
With Skybell trim plus home security is made easy. Skybell Trim Plus has the following features and specifications:
- Has a full-colour high definition 1080p video camera
- Comes with motion sensors providing additional security
- Has live monitoring feature which can be enabled through the app
- Free video recording feature to watch them anytime
- The doorbell comes with two-way audio to have a conversation with the visitor
- The doorbell can be operated by multiple users
- Activity history feature to review the day’s events
- The quiet mode enables you to turn off the doorbell’s sound from the app
- Photos of the visitors can be captured with a touch on the button
- Skybell HD is designed to work in extreme weather conditions
- It comes with an anti-theft warranty and if stolen is replaced free of cost
- Free cloud storage for up to 7 days
Specifications of Skybell Trim Plus
The technical specifications of the product are:
- Product dimension- 8*6*4 inches
- Product weight- 6.4 ounces
- Camera Resolution- 1920*1080p with 5 times zoom
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Comes in a slim rectangular design
Things included in Skybell Trim Plus box are:
- Skybell Trim Plus Smart Wi-Fi Video Doorbell- Wired
- Mounting Hardware
- Owner’s manual
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of the frequently asked questions about Ring Video and Skybell doorbells have been provided below so that you don’t have to rush through websites to find them.
Yes, Ring Pro requires a subscription to fees to enjoy certain features. Without a subscription, you will not be able to download and review videos. Skybell requires only one-time payment at the time of purchase for all of its features.
Skybell Trim plus does not necessarily require a hardwired connection but it is recommended to have one. On the other hand, Ring Pro requires a hardwired connection for uninterrupted performance. Without a hardwired connection, you will be required to charge the Ring Pro’s battery periodically.
Ring Pro requires a 16-24 VAC transformer. The internet requirements of the doorbell is a minimum upload speed of 1Mbps and connectivity requirement of 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi connection at 2.4GHz and 5.0Ghz.
To sum everything up, if you are planning to choose between Ring Video doorbell Pro and Skybell Trim Plus, we would recommend you to get the Skybell trim plus. The write-up solely talks about Ring Pro and Skybell trim plus. Skybell is better for users who don’t want to medley their house with electronic devices. On the other hand, Ring Pro is suitable for homeowners who wish to have an entire home security system.