MyQ is an intelligent technology that is engineered to connect your garage. This technology connects your garage from your home or even when you are far away. But, how can you tell MyQ to close the garage door and it will act quickly? Let us find out the easiest way for the same. There are a variety of features designed for you to use. You can also download their free app from the play store or apple store to learn about all the features.
Tell MyQ To Close The Garage Door : Instruction
One can experience the MyQ connectivity by installing a smart garage door opener. One can also use intelligent garage control by installing the MyQ app. MyQ app can listen to your audio and control the opening and the closing of the door. You can also set schedules on the myQ app. This schedule will open and close the door automatically. To close the door, you need to connect the smart home hub to the device. Then, through voice commands, one can control the opening and closing of the door.
One can set the schedules on the app to close the garage door by following the steps below:
- Select schedules from the app. The option would be available on the home screen of the app itself.
- After that, one can select the + icon from the top right of the screen, allowing you to start making a new schedule.
- Choose the garage door opener option. Then you may select the activity to open or close the door.
- Suppose you want to close the door. Select close and go ahead and choose the time and day.
- You will have to choose the time and day when you want your door to be in action.
- After setting it up, check whether it is working correctly or not. You can also rename the schedule if you want to
- Set a notification type and save the schedule. You are all set to use your garage door.
Steps To Close The Door Automatically
If a perfect system to close and open the garage door exists, nobody would prefer to do that independently. One can schedule the opening and closing of the garage door or even create commands using Alexa or Siri.
Steps to close the Garage door automatically are:
- Start the process by downloading the myQ app on your device. The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or Apple store.
- Open the app on your device. On the screen, you click on the top-left corner.
- From the menu, select the option Schedules. From the right-top corner, click on the + icon.
- You can name your schedule by tapping on the name schedule. Then click on “add device.”
- Then select your garage door and click on the button in the top-left corner.
- Select the time you want your door to open and close automatically. Check that you have enr=tered the correct timezone before clicking on Confirm.
- Then select the “Day” on which you want your door to open and close at your specified time.
- The app will select all seven days by default then you need to edit it according to your preference.
- Click on the back button after you are done. Then, you also have an option that you will receive a notification.
- Whenever the door opens or closes automatically, you can get a notification on your email. Also, you can get it on your phone.
- Once done, you can now click on Save in the top-right corner. Your new schedule will be created.
- The schedule will appear on the list of the schedules screen.
- You can even disable or enable the schedule whenever you want to by tapping on the green toggle switch icon.
- Also, you can delete your schedule by swiping the created schedule to the left. Then, press the Delete button.
- You can check this schedule once and rely on it to have your garage door open and close automatically.
Steps To Close The Door Using Alexa
First, connect the myQ to Alexa with the help of IFTTT. The IFTTT will provide a service that will bring automation support between the devices. One can create commands using Google Assistant, Alexa, or Siri. They can also help you open and close your garage door automatically. Alexa doesn’t support my so much, but it will connect your device to Alexa to a third-party service like IFTTT.
Steps to connect myQ to Alexa with IFTTT:
- Download the IFTTT app on your device using the app store.
- Click on Explore after you open the app.
- Select Create and click on the + button.
- From the Alexa service, you can go to ” Say something.”
- Type a phrase you want Alexa to work on.
You can add your myQ garage door opener now by:
(i) Clicking on the + icon.
(ii) Click on the myQ service option.
(iii) Click on the option of “Close GarageDoor.”
(iv) Select the door you want to control.
(v) Click on “create action”. Also, you can name the applet and save it.
Further, you can set your myQ device with Alexa using the following steps:
- Open the Alexa app and go to the “Routines” option on your device.
- Find the + sign and click on it.
- The app will give you the steps; follow them. The steps would prepare your routine.
- Set a name for the routine you have created. Choose a relevant name.
- Then click on the + button on your device and choose voice.
- You can type the Alexa command and customize it as you want to use it.
- Click on the + icon near the “Add Action” click on the + icon and select the IFTTT.
- Then you can select the applet you created earlier. Then you can link the Garage door opener to Alexa and save it.
A smart home setup is an excellent choice in today’s world. Installing the myQ bright garage door is an excellent option for you. It helps you to close and open your garage door automatically. You can also use Alexa or Google Assistant to get your myQ work. You can refer to this article and get a complete guide on automatically using the garage door.
Leave a Reply