The safety of our child is the first thing that comes to our mind each time a new trip is planned. Whether it is a short trip to the carnival or theme park or a long trip to a beach. Kids have a tendency to wander away and follow anything that is fun or interesting. But with the following measures, you can avoid such situations or at least plan them before-hand.
How To Keep Kids Safe In Crowd
1. Steps To Be Taken By Parents
a) Take A Picture Of Your Children
Always remember to take a picture of your kid before leaving the house. It helps you remember what your kid is wearing so that you can search him/her yourself if you ever get separated from the kid. In addition to this, it also makes it easier for the police to understand what your kid looks like in case the matter gets serious.
b) Dress Your Young Ones In Bright Clothing
No products found.
It is very easy to spot a bright cloth even from a distance. Dress your kids in a bright piece of clothing so that you can keep track of your kids even when they are wandering off. During the night time, make them wear a glowing necklace or bracelet like No products found.with Connectors.
c) Use A Stroller Or A Safety Harness For Young Kids
- Toddler backpack keeps your child close when you're out and about and features roomy compartments and pockets for all...
- Shock absorbing tether helps reduce tension and improve comfort
- Optional tether is removable for years of backpack use
Prefer taking a stroller for your younger kids so that you don’t have to worry about them getting lost even amongst a densely crowded area. You can also use a safety harness like BricaBy-My-Side Safety Harness Backpack or your toddlers to avoid any situations where they wander away.
d) Pack Hand Wipes Or Hand Sanitizer
- Alcohol free plant based formula that kills 99.9 % of germs
- Skin nourishing and extra gentle formula without the alcohol to leave hands smooth and germ free
- Non allergenic ingredients that are soothing to the most sensitive hands
Crowded places can get very unsafe even in terms of hygiene. Hence, to protect your kids from any kind of germs or bacteria, make sure to carry proper alcohol-free hand wipes like Babyganics Alcohol-Free Hand Sanitizing Wipes or a hand sanitizer like Babyganics Wipes and Clean well sanatizer whenever you go out.
e) Use A GPS Tracker
No products found.
Using a well-functioning GPS tracker like No products found. is probably the best alternative if your kid is going out alone. This way you’ll have an update of your kid’s location even when he/she is away from you.
f) Get Number Bracelets Or Temporary Tattoo
Make a string out of your phone number in a number bracelet and make your kid wear it each time you leave your house. It is one of the easiest ways someone can help your kid in case you get separated. Even applying a temporary tattoo that has your name and number can help you find your kid just by a phone call.
g) Don’t Give Away Your Kid’s Information
Kids tend to respond to anyone who calls out their name instead of ignoring them as strangers. Hence it is always advisable that you never give out information about your kid in obvious places like providing a nametag in a backpack or water bottle.
2. Things To Be Taught To Kids Before Leaving Your Homea
a) Assign A Meeting Spot For Your Kid
Set up a meeting spot that is very distinct and can be found easily in case you get separated. Spots like a water fountain, a place filled with bright lights or a statue will be easily identifiable by your kid. Ask them to stand right there and not move an inch even if someone calls them.
b) Teach Your Kid Your Cell-phone Number And Address To Your Home
Kids are smarter than you know. If they are big enough to learn words, you can teach them your cell phone number and your home address so that anyone who is willing to help your kid like a local law enforcement official or a store worker can guide your kid back to your home.
c) Teach Your Kids How To Use The Number Bracelet
After you’ve made the number bracelet for your kid, teach them how to use them. This method is a good replacement if your kid does not have your number memorized.
d) Teach Them Whom They Can Ask For Help
This is one of the most important points that you should teach your kid. Ask them to approach only a person in uniform, such as a policeman, firefighter or a retail store worker. If none of these options are available or if your kid is too intimidated by such official workers, ask him/her to approach a ‘mom-like’ person who has a stroller or a baby with herself.
e) Teach Them The “Memorize Me” Game
Before leaving your house, ask your kids to close their eyes and describe what you look like and what you are wearing. Kids generally find such memorizing games fun and along with the fun, it can also be very useful if some helper is trying to help your kid find you.
f) Teach Them Some Ground Rules They Should Follow Under All Situations
- Teach your kid to always hold your hand when passing through a crowded area. It is one of the easiest ways of keeping your kid closest to you.
- Teach your kid to struggle and shout if someone is trying to grab or force them. Tell them to not trust anyone apart from the family members, particularly someone who is a complete stranger to them.
- Ask your kids to always stick with their friends. Tell them to never get separated from them when they are out playing or riding bikes.
- Specifically, ask your kids to never get inside anyone’s vehicle even if someone asks them to. Tell them to wait inside the premises until you receive them from their school.
- Ask them to resist any kind of bribe. Bribing kids with chocolates and toys is a pretty common way the perps get hold of kids. Tell them about the consequences and ask them to report any such cases to you directly.
A day out with your kids need not be as stressful as it generally is. All you need to do is try to avoid situations where you get separated from your kids as much as you can, and make sure to take all necessary and preventive measures that you should consider going through or that you need to teach your kids so that they don’t stray away from you for long.