Blinding a security camera is most important when it is a matter of privacy. If someone or your neighbours is trying to focus their camera on your private spaces like bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, or living room. Then it’s a matter which needs to be solved before. So, here is the complete guide to blind a security camera.
Methods To Block A Security Camera
Total Time: 35 minutes
1. The Use Of Spray Paint
Spray paint contains some kind of chemical composition that may react with the materials of the camera. And makes the camera easy to visible.
Steps to find a Security camera via Spray paint are:
Step 1: First try locating the security cameras in the corner of the house, inside the hall, near the pillar or switchboard, etc.
Step 2: Also where there are possibilities of having one spy eye try to use spray paint over them so that it can make them highlightable and can be easily seen.
2. Cutting The Cables Or Wires
Cutting the cable or wires is also the option available. As many times there might be possibilities that the Security camera’s display wire might be connected with the television or cable. So, if we cut those wires the connection gets blocked and the camera also gets turned off.
Step 1: First find the switchboard which is connected with the television’s cable or wire.
Step 2: Cut off the cable connected with the television and the camera.
Step 3: Now since there is no security in the house it might invite intruders and there might be loss of properties.
3. Use Of Laser Pointer
you can block the sight vision of the camera using a laser pointer, but it also can damage the device. Also, these laser lights might damage your eyes if pointed towards them. So you can hint out the differences between the lens of the camera and that of your eyes.
4. Use Of LED Lights
Using led lights and pointing them directly towards the camera lens can make its camera lose the focus of capturing the images. And unfortunately, invite invaders to your home.
- Using Spray Paint
- Cutting The Cables Or Wires
- Using A Laser Pointer
- Use Of LED Lights
How To Blind A Neighbour’s Security Camera?
Blinding your neighbour’s Security camera is not a good way of maintaining a relationship with them. As consider yourself as their neighbours, they can also repeat the same thing with your security camera. And unfortunately, there might be loss of valuable properties, which nobody desires too. So doing this activity is a negative sign of showing relation with them.
Various methods can be considered while doing this as follows:
- Consider communicating with your neighbour and telling them to redirect their camera.
- Consider blocking the focus area of the neighbour’s security camera via some object.
- Take use of X-ray film to cover the windows blocking the sight of the camera.
- Fitting a strong light facing towards the camera lens.
- Smearing things onto the camera lens.
Why To Blind A Security Camera In The House?
Security cameras are devices that help to monitor illegal activities and help stop burglar activities. Security of your house is much more important than anything else. But there might be some time when those cameras might be stalking you or the other people around and try to interfere in their personal life.
That is the time when you need to take strict action consider talking with the owner or blinding the security cameras. Before blinding, someone’s camera makes sure to check whether it is legal or not. If the camera is nearby you are focusing on your privacy areas like bedroom, washroom, bathroom, etc.
Then the intention of the person doing this is not fair. you are fully eligible to take legal action against that person. but if your neighbour’s camera is pointing towards your safety door or your balcony then this can provide you double security. and does not mean anything negative so no need to be worried about this.
Can A Laser Pointer Damage A Security Camera?
Yes, it can, the camera can’t stabilize under the ultraviolet radiations of the Lazer and might end up losing the focus point of the camera capture.
Tips to help you prevent this:
- Installing PTZ moving security camera can be a great option as makes it difficult for tracking laser.
- Keep your camera at a high distance that it stays away from the reach of normal people.
- And can make it difficult for the sensors.
- Using more than one camera in the zone to capture the culprit.
- Using alerting software in case someone blinds your camera the software could alert you can send the guard to your house.
How Do People Put Hidden Cameras In Their House?
Most people prefer hiding their security cameras near their lockers, in their fire alarms, near their security door, in flower vases, or the places where it can’t be seen easily. Hidden cameras play as a backup for when any theft activity has taken place, and these thieves have covered or disabled their visible cameras.
These cameras help in tracking loss of property and taking hold of culprits. When it comes to placing your camera the location becomes an important mystery. here are some important locations to check out before making your decision:
- Your motor parking area – motor parking areas could be a hiding ground for the thieves to hide. so make sure it is fully safe and secure.
- Common living areas – try placing a camera in your living or kitchen room might be a good step towards preventing thieves from entering your house when you are not home.
- The main stairway – securing those areas is important as they require access to enter, so they might be hesitant to walk around these areas.
- Inside the pillow or inside the eyes of the teddy.
- Inside the filament of the bulb.
Is Putting A Camera In Bedroom Illegal?
Yes, when it comes to your house bedroom it is 100% legal. Beause when someone tries to invade your home or your bedroom, with the help of a security camera the culprit can the trapped easily.Before but before installing it read the rules and regulations carefully.
If someone else or your neighbour is pointing their camera towards your house this isn’t legal. It can raise a matter of intimacy and privacy. And can be taken towards police or court, if the matter is not solved via communication.
Blinding or hiding security cameras in your house can help you prevent the loss of your valuable property. cameras are devices of great use it can protect you both the times when you are at the home or you are travelling.