Perhaps it’s an ice storm or perhaps a tornado or perhaps a blown transformer down the street – the increasing incidence of severe weather combined with aging utility infrastructure increases the risk of power outages.
But you don’t necessarily have to go dark and bring out the candles or rely on the precious charge on your smartphone to light your path. Battery power backups and generators are obviously helpful, but technology has moved much farther ahead. Allow us to explain how to prepare for a power outage by making your home a smart home.
So when you’re figuring out how to prepare for a power outage, do the following:-
- Stock up on all kinds of supplies and food and drinks that you can eat straight out of the can.
- Keep a large battery backup and keep it fully charged. Or buy backup batteries for your smartphone and keep them fully charged.
- Buy a few BeON bulbs and screw them into your most used sockets, and then monitor them and your new smart home through the app. They work just like regular bulbs and you recharge their batteries simply by using them. If you lose power, use the App to turn on all of your BeON lights in an instant.
- Keep emergency lamps, torches and lights handy if you have areas of your home without BeON lights.
- If you have a generator, make sure you have it maintained each year and make sure you have fuel available for it.
- If you have a standby generator you likely have circuits in your home that are not powered by the generator. Be sure to install BeON bulbs in these rooms so your entire house is lit during an outage. If you have a portable generator, BeON bulbs provide light so you don’t have to rush out to start the generator till you are sure that the power is not coming back any time soon.
- Make sure the fire exit is easily accessible. The BeON bulbs will show you the way in case of fire or if the CO detector goes off in the dark.
- Keep emergency numbers handy, in case you need to call for help.
Finally, make sure you are stocked up on playing cards and board games for some nice together time while power is out.
How To Prepare For A Power Outage With the BeON System
BeON’s super bulbs are all that you need. Screw in the bulb, download the app and you’re ready to go. The bulbs are multi-functional and packed with the latest smart home technology. Apart from 22 years of beautiful LED light that is 75% more energy efficient than your ordinary bulb, it also functions as an interactive home security system that responds to doorbells and makes it look like you’re home when you’re away by replaying your lights.
But the best part is that you can use it as safety and emergency lighting. You can use it as fire exit lighting activated in case of a fire alarm, and you can use it as a battery-powered bulb in case of a power outage. That’s right – this rechargeable battery powered bulb can give you up to 4 hours of emergency lighting, depending on brightness control.
If you have multiple BeON bulbs, you can control their brightness using a single slider on the app, or use the slider to control the brightness of each bulb individually. The power outage screen will show you the battery level of each light.
BeON offers a 100-day trial, with free returns. If you are not satisfied after using it for 100 days, BeON will pay for return shipping and provide a full refund.