After more than 70 hours of research, including 3 health experts, and reviewing around top 22 models we came up to the list of best recliners for sleep. If you love to sleep on recliners but are unsure to make the right choice, then you have landed on the right page.Our team has put the best recliners for sleep on test and then curated a list of top five recliners that are absolutely worth the price. So, let’s get started.
Best Recliners For Sleep
|Med Lift 5555 Full Sleeper Lift Chair||Lift Chair+ Recliner||Check Price|
|BONZY Lift Recliner Power Lift Chair||Lift chair+Recliner||CheckPrice|
|Flash Furniture Plush Brown Leather Recliner||Recliner||CheckPrice|
|Flash Furniture Contemporary Victory Lane Recliner||Rocker Recliner||CheckPrice|
|Dorel Living Padded Dual Massage Recliner||Massage Chair+Recliner||CheckPrice|
|Homelegance 9668BRW-1 Glider Reclining Chair||Glider Recliner||Check Price|
1. Med Lift 5555 Full Sleeper Lift Chair – Best Lay Flat Recliner
If you love firm cushioned recliners, this can be an option for you.Medlift recliner is a contemporary looking chair. Lookwise, it’s heavily cushioned and beautifully built. It is a lift chair for keeping you healthy and using it in the way you want to. The chair is heavily built and can easily lift a weight as high as 375 pounds. So,be rest assured anybody and everybody can sit back and relax on this chair.It take around 45 inches of length space when fully stretched as said by the company. But, we recommend you to measure your space and add a few more inches to it before adding it to your cart because in our test we would it occupies a lit more inches than said.
The fiber used in the back is odorless, breathable, non-allergic conjugated fiber, and dustless. You will feel like you are sleeping on a memory foam mattress that conours your body shape. In addition to this, its regular usage can give you therapeutic benefits like releif from back pain, daily body aches etc. All this, lets it retain its shape all the time even after long term use.What more you get is the lifetime warranty on the steel lift mechanism and a 4 year warranty on everything else.
The Med lift recliner is the best sleeping recliner for back pain and for any other body pain or soreness as it works to releif these issues.
2. Kahuna Massage Chair LM6800 – Best 2-in-1 Recliner For Sleep And Full Body Massage
- 11/22/19 New Amazon Exclusive Promotion- 2 Years additoinal warranty included - Total 3 Years Parts & Labor, 4th year...
- Happy to Introduce LM-6800, one of the most popular real massage chair that can start your day fresh with Kahuna massage...
- L-Track massage system, 3 stages of Zero Gravity, Smart body scan technology scans your body to detect your body size...
Zero Gravity Full-Body Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner LM6800 with Yoga & Heating Therapy (Brown).This one is the feature-rich versatile recliner chair. You can use it to get a rejuvenating sleep and a full body massage too.Kahuna Massage chair LM6800 works on an SL roller track design. This design gives a comprehensive massage as per the design of your spine and extends it to thighs and glutes. To get a good sleep, it is very essential for your body to get rid of aches and pain. Thus, the recliner chair will massage your body first, unwind the day’s stress, and then slowly take you towards a heavenly sleep.
Further, it is the only massage chair with advanced zero gravity positioning. Doctor recommend zero gravity position for releasing the pressure points and relieving chronic pain. It is because in this position the knees are slightly above the heart and the body weight is equally distributed against the rollers resulting in an intensive therapeutic massage and eventually a good refreshing sleep.
Last but not least, it comes with a remote which let you choose the massage mode, massage programs like body stretching, yoga, recovery, etc., and the intensity of massage too. Isn’t it easy to relax your body and at the same time get a powerful nap.
A feature-rich recliner massage chair which is well-priced and easy to use. An absolute boon for people with insomnia or chronic pain.
3. BONZY Lift Recliner Power Lift Chair – Best Sleeping Chair Recliner
- Easy to clean, durable and soft to touch fabric upholstery with generous cushion padding
- Counter-balanced lift mechanism pushes the entire chair up to help the senior stand up easily without adding stress to...
- Remote control activates lift and recline function with smooth gentle motion
This one is a perfect combo if comfort, support, ease of use, and price. Bonzy Lift recliner is the best space-saving recliner for sleep. Usually the recliner for sleeping takes a huge space but this one is made keeping in mind the space constraint what most of us have.
The Bonzy recliner is upholstered with soft and comfortable fabric which is durable and easy to maintain. While testing, we found that the fabric is extremely easy to clean, any kind of stain just go off with a wipe. Moving on to its built, it has a good breadth and length ratio to fit any normal sized person. However, heavy people weighing more than 301 lbs will find difficult adjusting into it.
All these operations can be controlled using a easy labelled remote controller. You can use the remote to recliner the chair, elevate the foot rest, lift the chair, and more. The motor that lets do all these motions are smooth and quiet.What more you get in the chair is a side pocket to store essentials like your mobile, ear phones, tablets, TV remote, a small snack etc.
The Bonzy lift recliner chair is a good option for people who are looking for the best sleeping chairs in a space-saving design.
4. Flash Furniture Plush Brown Leather Recliner – Best Rocker Recliner For Sleep
- The elegant style and level of comfort in this lever rocker recliner give relaxation a whole new meaning. Settle into...
- Rocker recliner chair with plush arms and bustle back cushions
- Soft and durable LeatherSoft upholstery, CAL 117 Fire Retardant Foam, spot clean with damp cloth
This one is an extravagant cool looking recliner. It is one of the perfect things you can buy for your beauty nap or for your exhausted body.Flash Furniture recliner is loved by its users for ultra comfort. It features a 19’W wide seat for everyone to fit inside easily. You can use it to watch TV, work on your laptop, or simply relax. We advise you to keep it in the right place at first only as it is a heavy built recliner that is difficult to move once assembled.The recliner follows a contemporary design with brown leather soft upholstery. The upholstery makes it smoother than ever. Further, it has Plush Upholstered Arms, Bustle Back Cushions, and a five-inch foam filling to give you a heavenly sleep.
On the whole, its a royal looking recliner which can be kept anywhere to add a statement to the already existing decor.
A versatile recliner with a smooth soft feel and easy operations.
5. Flash Furniture Contemporary Victory Lane Rocker Recliner – Best Elderly Sleeping Recliner
- Contemporary Style
- Victory Lane Taupe Fabric Upholstery
- Plush Rolled Arms
This recliner is a contemporary design recliner meant for anybody who loves sleeping or taking a short nap on recliners. It is an excellent rocking recliner made keeping in mind the comfort you need while sleeping or relaxing. In our test, we found that it has just the right dimensions for an avraged size persons. It is made to give the comfort you need from a recliner anytime and everytime.
Further, for extra comfort and relaxation it has plush over stuffed rolled arms plush pillow over-stuffed pillow back to let you snuggle-in while sleeping or when simply relaxing. What more you get is a rocker feature and the lever recliner. It makes a good option for elderly as you just have to lift it up with a pull. Both the reclining and rocking feature work well even after prolonged use.
The Flash victory line recliner is a nice option for elderly people as it has a relaxing comfortable feel and easy to operate reclining feature.
6. Dorel Living Padded Dual Massage Recliner – Best Microfiber Recliner
- Traditional zone massage chair with high and low settings.
- Massaging located in both the seat and back area. Massaging zones can operate together or separately.
- Designed with foam seating for added comfort and durability.
A classic style massage recliner for sleep and relieving body pain.
This one follows a plushly padded design and extremely thick cushioning. The cushions are ultra soft to touch and feel. In our test, we found out that the fabric and thickness level is sure to alleviate any kind of back pain.
Another amazing feature is that it is easy to clean. We found out that this recliner requires zero maintenance. In spite of the light color, it’s easy to dust and clean the fabric and is almost stain-free.Moving on its reclining ability. You can recline or sit back by just moving the lever. The lever functions smoothly and does not require too much efforts or energy. This makes it a perfect recliner for elderly or people with disabilities or for someone who loves to do things at ease.
An excellent recliner to sleep especially meant for those who don’t have a space constraint.
7. Homelegance 9668BRW-1 – Best Glider Reclining Chair
- Center Hill Collection glider reclining chair covered in easy to clean dark brown bonded leather (seating) & matched...
- Traditional rolled arms and channel tufted design feature nail head accent
- Lever action reclining mechanism; Gliding motion when not recline
If you are looking for the finest durable recliners in the market, look no further than Homelegance. We found out it the best choice for someone who loves luxury and won’t mind spending a bit for the same.Homelegance is a known furniture brand known for years for quality and variety. This one is a hot-selling product form the company.
The chair has a traditional look with padding on the arms, entire back, sitting area, and around the leg rest. Supportwise, it’s pretty decent. Although we found out that near the neck area if there would have been something more to support it, it would have been great.To recline it into a resting bed, you just need to press the button and it will automatically turn into a comfortable bed. Additionally, you can use it for rocking or like a standard chair too. The built looks contemporary so it will surely go with any kind of furniture in your bedroom or living room.
A good quality recliner. It is especially meant for living rooms.
Buying Guide – Considerations When Purchasing Recliners For Sleep
Buying a recliner solely for sleep is not an easy task. There are a lot of things to look for. An ideal sleeping recliner would stretch completely almost like a bed giving your body proper space and support to sleep.
A recliner comes in many types like a massage recliner, a rocker recliner, a push back recliner, and a wall hugger.For sleep, we consider the pushback recliner is the best. It is because you get the most comfortable sleep when your body stretches fully and get support from all sides.A push back recliners snuggle you from all side and give you a comfortable sleep. The above list has all the pushback recliners, you can choose any one from them. Among them the best are Med Lift 5555 Full Sleeper Lift Chair, BONZY Lift Recliner Power Lift Chair , Flash Furniture Plush Brown Leather Recliner.
Additionally, if you can’t sleep because of a tingling sensation in your back, sore body, muscle fatigue, or due to any kind of body pain than a massage recliner can be the options for you. A massage recliner can be a push back recliner too which will alleviate your pain and give you ample space to sleep too. For this case, you can opt for Kahuna Massage CHair LM6800.
As you have to sleep on it, a heavy build recliner is a must. Recliners have a different type of construction materials. The commonly used construction material are metal coils, metal frame, and rarely wooden frames. We suggest you go for the metal coils. It is because they work smooth and are long-lasting.
The overall construction of the recliner is extremely important. They should have a streamline look and quality. If they are motorized recliner, they should work swiftly and smoothly without making much noise or requiring a jerk to open up. So, make sure yor motorized recliner has fast and smooth reclining feature.Metal and wood construction recliners both are equally good and come in approximately same price. Moreover, both these construction material are long lasting they will surely last you for years. They are actually the best sleeping chairs for elderly and young adults.
This one is an essential requisite. An upholstery that is durable, easy to maintain, and breathable is the most recommended. The common upholstery materials used are wool, polyester, microfiber, leather, and acrylic. You can choose any of them as per your need and budget. However, make sure to buy from a reputed brand as they are keen about material quality and customer satisfaction.
In addition to this make sure that the chair is well-cushioned. When it comes to comfort, a thick foam padding in the sitting area is always the best. As you are going to sleep or take a nap on it anything that is flat won’t give you the comfort. It’s the thick cushioning around the back and the seating area that lets you have a comfortable sleep as it makes sure you get the same comfort like you get on a bed.
Most of the cushioning has spring based mechanisms like you get in mattress. However, make sure that the spring is not poking out and hurting in anyway. Apart, from this a few of them have extra thick foam instead of springs for comfort. You can choose the inside cushioning as per your wish and your level of comfort.We would only recommend that whatever kind of upholstery or cushioning that you are going to choose should be durable, breathable, odorfree and allergen free.
4. Your Body Size
If you go to buy a recliner that is inappropriate of your body size surely you will be in trouble it won’t do any good to you. That is why we recommend you to go for a recliner that fits your body size and shape. Take note of your body measurement before choosing any of the recliners. This is esepcially important if your ar tall or overweight or both.
Check if the recliner you have chosen supports your body weight or not while reclining or lifting. Further, also check for supports like neck rest, arm supoort, leg support, and headrest. A properly rested body is much more relaxing. They also allow for improved blood circulation and thus providing few therapeutic benefits also. Lastly, studies suggets that sleeping in a recliner is good to treat sleep apnea. So, this is another benefit of it.
This might vary from individual to individual. You can buy the high-end ones like Kahuna Massage CHair LM6800 or Med Lift 5555 Full Sleeper Lift Chair or BONZY Lift Recliner Power Lift Chair . You can for standard options like Flash Furniture Plush Brown Leather Recliner or HomeleganceIn our list, we have given an option for everyone. Moreover, all of them irrespective of the price are tested for quality and performance. So, be rest assured no matter whichone you choose from our list you will be loving it in all respects.
What Test We Carried Out To Choose The Recliner
Choosing the best recliner for sleep was a bewildering task. Our team has spent more than 72 hours of testing and personal use before curating this top 5 list.
The main motto of our testing was to select the recliners that suffice the basic needs of the customer. We took a few crucial factors to test them like comfort level, body support, and fabric. A good comfort, full body support, and a breathable fabric are what is needed to get a perfect sleep on a recliner. Other factors that we looked for were weight, capacity, and durability.
The team headed towards a furniture store. There were more than 30 recliners to choose from. We sorted a few first and then tested them. Next, we included those recliners in our list that gave us the maximum result.To further, validate our findings we have put three of them in our office to please our workaholic staff. After doing the mindboggling testing, a table was made to narrow down the best recliners.
|Med Lift 5555 Full Sleeper Lift Chair||97.3||98||97.6||Check Price|
|BONZY Lift Recliner Power Lift Chair||96.4||96.3||96.2||CheckPrice|
|Flash Furniture Plush Brown Leather Recliner||96.7||96.1||96.0||CheckPrice|
|Flash Furniture Contemporary Victory Lane Rocker Recliner||96.2||95.2||95.7||CheckPrice|
|Homelegance 9668BRW-1 Glider Reclining Chair, Brown Bonded Leather||95||94||94.5||Check Price|
Benefits Of Sleeping On A Recliner Chair
Recliner chairs are in high demand because of the comfort they provide and the therapeutic benefits they give to the body. Most of the people especially the workaholic and elderly people want the best recliners for sleep as they often find it more comforting to snuggle for a nap on the recliner than on the bed. Not only it’s personal experience that have raised the demand of the recliners but also the positive outcomes of medical researches done on recliners. A few medical research suggest sitting or sleeping on a recliner is good for the body and the overall well-being in many ways.
A few prime benefits of the recliners are discussed below:
- A recliner can release pressure from your entire body. It is designed in a way to contour your body shape and evenly distribute the entire pressure on the body. When the body pressure is distributed, the muscles and tissues stretches alleviating soreness and pain from inside.
- A recliner can relief back pain, neck pain, hip pain, tail bone pain, and the overall body soreness. Nevertheless, it won’t happen in a day. Regular use of a recliner for sleeping or relaxing can surely give you long-term therapeutic benefits.
- It is an alternative remedy for disc problems or spinal issues. Studies suggest that the recliners contours as per the body shape and stretches your body in a way that your body heals on its own slowly and gradually. Not only this people with spinal issues find it difficult to lie down straight on a bed so for them the best sleeping recliners are a savior. The sleeping recliners contours as per the body shape and give you enough space to sleep thus avoid trouble when lying down with underlying disc issues.
- A recliner retains the correct body posture. Throughout the day we tend to hunch over a lot which eventually leads to bad posture. But a recliner does the opposite it basically places your body in a reverse crunch positions. So, if you have posture issues consider sleeping on a recliner to improve your posture over time.
- Researches also suggest that the recliners are very good for joint pain and soreness. They say sitting or sleeping on a recliner relieves tension or pressure from the joints and thus eventually relief joint pain.
- It is difficult to believe but the truth recliners are good for your lungs and your overall respiratory system. If you are a short breather, prefer relaxing on a reclining chair to expand or open up your lungs. Prefer following deep breathing techniques to enhance your respiratory rate. It is an excellent choice for short breathers.
- Studies also suggest recliners as a medi tool to calm down the mind, body, and soul. A recliner take you and your body in the ultimate relaxation mode which eventually calms down your mind and body. Studies say a daily 30 minutes good nap on a recliner can not only relax your entire body and also distress your mind and soul.
On the whole, the best reclining chair is a great relaxation tool to have in your home. It is an actual one time investment that is going to benefit everybody at home. It is not only a good way to relax after a long day at office but also a tool to remove the daily pains associated with age for elderly people. Data suggests people can’t believe that why do they sleep better on a recliner than on a bed, but that’s he truth. A recliner takes your body in the ultimate relaxation mode and give you good night sleep no matter what.
A recliner for sleep should be comfortable and an add-on decor to your home. They are actually a one-time investment. They are not only a tool for relaxing but also a tool for providing you long term health benefits. So, buy the best recliners for sleeping from our list to make sure that you are always happy and contended with your purchase.Always look for the features and then compare them with your need, budget, and space before selecting one to make your investment worth it. Read the buying guide and the basic details too before selecting your very favorite recliner for a good night sleep. Till then happy shopping.