The acronym IFTTT is derived from the programming conditional statement, ‘if this, then that.’ This company provides a platform to connect different apps, devices, and different developers to trigger one or more automations involving these. Find the list of best IFTTT devices which you can be used to connect,control uisng IFTTT platform.
Examples Of IFTTT Platform
Here are some examples of automations you can run using the IFTTT platform:
- If you make a call on your Android phone, a log of it is added to a Google spreadsheet
- If you add a new task to your Alexa device, it is added to your iOS reminders app
- You can back up your photos on Instagram using Dropbox
How Does It Work?
All these automations are done via applets, which are like links that connect multiple apps to carry out the order. Applets can be turned on and off using the IFTTT website. Variations can also be made to existing applets using IFTTT’s user-friendly interface. All you have to do is create an account on the IFTTT website, find applets that are of interest to you, and use the services that are connected to those applets.
Best IFTTT Device
It’s quite amazing how smart devices and IFTTT devices can make our lives easier. After hours of research, surveying, and testing, the best IFTTT devices that you can use are mentioned below:
A. Outdoor Security Cameras
It’s always a good idea to keep an eye on your home’s surroundings. Whether it’s to look out for unwanted visitors or watch your kids and pets when they’re playing outside, outdoor security cameras are always a good idea. They will especially be useful when you’re away from home. They will enable you to keep track of everything that happened around your home when you were away. Here are our favorite IFTTT outdoor cameras:
1. Canary Flex Indoor Outdoor HD Security Camera
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Unrivaled versatility - Indoor / outdoor HD security that works wire-free or plugged in
- Works with Alexa - Stream video to Echo Show or Echo Spot
This device can be indoors or outdoors. It works when plugged and wire-free. It is compatible with Alexa for voice control. It provides high clarity video and also has night vision. It also has AI-powered intelligence and comes with a set of smart alerts. Finally, it has one-touch emergency services, enabling you to contact the local police, fire department, etc with the press of a button. This camera is usually installed near the front porch, nursery, and the pool.
2. Nest Cam Outdoor Security Camera
- 24/7 live video: 130 Degree view shows your home in 1080P HD, day and night.
- Weatherproof: camera, cable and adapter are all weatherproof.
- Clear as day, even at night: night vision evenly illuminates the whole scene. See who's at the door and talk back to get...
This camera provides 24/7 live 1080 HP video and has a 130-degree wide angle view. It works with Alexa for voice control. The camera, its cable, and its adaptor are all weatherproof, hence it can be used outdoors without any worry. It can be connected to your phone and you will receive alerts every time the NestCam detects activity. It can also be used for communication, in case you ever need to communicate with anyone at your doorstep; the mailman, milk-man or a visitor. It also has night vision with 8 infrared LED lights. At 1080p, each camera needs 450-1200 Kbps of bandwidth while streaming video. To access all the features of these cameras, there is a monthly subscription.
B. Indoor Cameras
Indoor cameras are as important as outdoor ones. They could be used for the simplest things. If you have young children or pets, you would prefer to keep an eye on them as far as possible wouldn’t you? Also, if a stranger somehow manages to break into your home, indoor cameras will help you keep track of what he’s doing. You will know if he’s stolen anything, and if you ever have to identify him for the police, you will have footage that will enable you to do so. Here are some IFTTT indoor cameras that we would recommend:
1. Nest Security Camera For Indoor Use
- DON'T MISS A THING WITH NEST ALERTS: Whether the kids just came home from school or the dog has decided to eat those new...
- BE HEARD WITH NEST: Nest Cam Indoor has a built-in speaker and mic, so you can hear what's happening at home. Or tell...
- SET IT UP ANYWHERE: The compact size of the Nest Cam makes installation a breeze. Nest Cam Indoor's stand works in all...
This is the perfect device to use if you’re busy or away from home often. Whether it is to keep an eye on the kids after they return from school, or make sure the dog doesn’t get into any trouble, this camera is your solution! It can detect motion, and it has built-in speakers so that you can get video as well as audio. It works with Alexa for voice commands. It also works with Nest, with which you can connect multiple devices.
2. CANARY (CAN100USBK) All-in-One Indoor HD Security Camera
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately). Connectivity : 2.4GHz Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
- LET CANARY BE YOUR EYES AND EARS: The Canary All-in-One Home Security System is just what you've been looking for....
- BUILT IN ALARM TO HELP SCARE OFF INTRUDERS: The Canary features a built in alarm system that reaches sound levels of 90+...
This camera provides a full HD 1080p video and has a 147-degree wide angle lens. It also has built-in speakers so you can be ensured that CANARY will be the eyes and ears of your home. It has an alarm as well, whose sound level can reach 90 decibels. Hence, it can be used to scare intruders away! This camera works using wireless internet and can be connected to your smartphone. You will receive immediate alerts if the camera detects any unusual activity. It is also a great tool for pet owners!
C. Smart Doorbell
A smart doorbell that is connected to your mobile will give you information about everyone who’s visited the house and rang the doorbell when you weren’t there. Whenever someone rings the bell, you will receive a notification about the same. Choose a doorbell which also has inbuilt motion sensors that will alert your phone even if the visitor doesn’t ring the doorbell. This is an extremely useful tool to keep track of unwanted visitors trespassing your vacation home.
1. OhmKat Video Doorbell Power Supply
- Easy Installation: Connect the RCA Video Doorbell Camera to your existing doorbell wiring and to your 2.4 or 5 GHz WiFi...
- Watch over your home with 3 mega-pixel ultra high-definition video and live streaming; captures 50% more detail than...
- Receive instant alerts when motion is detected using the free RCA Security All-For-One app and monitor your door from...
This doorbell can be installed very easily. It requires 2.4 or 5Hz Wi-Fi and an 8-24V AC transformer for proper working. It provides 1080 HD video 24/7 and alerts your phone when motion is detected. Its 180-degree vertical field provides tall angles, and it has night vision as well.
2. Alarm.com Skybell Slim Line Doorbell Camera (Silver)
- Requires an active video account with Alarm.com. Can ONLY be used with.the Alarm.com app (subscription required)
- Full color 180 degree video, night vision IR up to 8 feet, option to silence chime, on-demand video and recorded clips,...
- SkyBell Slim Line is only 1.4 inches wide -- allowing it to fit perfectly on even the slimmest of door trims and door...
This smart doorbell needs an active video account on alarm.com. It can only be used with the corresponding app for which subscription is required. It provides color video footage and has a 180-degree lens angle. Its other features include night vision, motion sensors, 2-way communication, and multiple user capability. It is only 1.4 inches wide and can fit on the slimmest of door frames.
D. Smart Thermostat
When you get back home after a long, tiring day, nothing is more welcoming than a cozy, warm home. The same applies to your children and pets as well. They too would like their home to be toasty and comfortable at all times. Earlier on, people trusted fate to keep their homes nice and cozy as they couldn’t control the weather. Now, however, it is in your hands. We now have smart thermostats that can be controlled from mobile devices. You can adjust the interior temperature of your home from anywhere using just a smartphone! This way, you will never have to worry about your kids and pets feeling too cold when you’re away. And, you can always look forward to a warm, comfortable house when you get back from work!
1. Nest (T3007ES) Learning Thermostat
- Auto-Schedule: No more confusing programming. It learns the temperatures you like and programs itself.
- Wi-Fi Thermostat: Connect the Nest Thermostat to Wi-Fi to change the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Energy Saving: You'll see the Nest Leaf when you choose a temperature that saves energy. It guides you in the right...
This thermostat, which comes in 4 beautiful colors, will not only make your home smart but energy-efficient as well. It has the ability to read and understand your thermostat adjustment habits, and will soon be conditioned to doing so automatically. This can save you a great deal of money and energy. Its bright display can be read easily from a distance and its classic, versatile design will make it blend in anywhere in your house. You will not have to worry about the aesthetics of your home being ruined. It is compatible with Alexa and works with Nest as well. This way, it will be connected to other smart devices in your home.
2. Ecobee3 lite Smart Thermostat, 2nd Gen, Black
- SAVE MONEY: Homeowners save up to 23% annually on heating or cooling costs, plus ecobee pays for itself in under 2 years...
- WORKS WITH ROOM SENSORS: Place them in the rooms that matter the most and have the temperature balanced throughout your...
- EASILY INSTALL YOURSELF: It only takes about 30 minutes, thanks to an easy to follow installation guide and an in-app...
This thermostat is extremely easy to install and it only takes about 30 minutes to do so. It comes with a step-by-step instruction manual and all the hardware necessary for installing it. It makes sure that the temperature is balanced throughout your entire home and not only the room it is installed in. It senses occupancy and temperature and automatically changes its mode to make the surroundings comfortable. The ecobee mobile app is available on iOS and Android, and hence, the thermostat can easily be controlled from your smartphone. It is compatible with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Cortana, Google Assistant, etc.
E. Security Alarm System
The first and foremost step to keeping your home secure is installing an automated home security system. It is the first line of defense against anyone trying to invade your home as it secures all the entry points, i.e., the doors and windows. With today’s fast-growing technology, it is much easier to keep an eye on your home at all times.
A good-quality surveillance system should have various features including security cameras, heat sensing, motion sensing, night vision, etc. Most importantly, you should be able to access and control the security from your phone or tablet, even when you’re not at home. Most burglars skip homes with a security system, and therefore, this should be the first step you take to keep your home safe.
1. SimpliSafe SS3 Wireless System with HD WiFi Security Camera
- Ready to protect right out of the box. Just plug in the base station, place your sensors, and start protecting your home...
- Optional 24/7 professional monitoring with police, fire & medical dispatch starting at 50c/day - No contracts.
- Sound the alarm. Pioneering signal burst technology that is powerful enough to cover homes of every size, with up to...
Named “The Best Home Security System” by CNET and PC magazines, SimpliSafe has become a rather popular choice and is used by around 2 million people nationwide. It ensures 24/7 professional monitoring. Parallel Wi-Fi and cellular connections run to 24/7 alarm monitoring and police dispatch, meaning your home is highly secure at all times. It has a simple Do-It-Yourself setup and protects every door and window in your home. Also, it is a Smart security system and works with other smart home devices like Alexa and August smart lock.
2. Scout Alarm Home Security System Wireless & DIY
- Be Aware Anywhere - Scout Alarm Security puts smart-home security at your fingertips. Get alerts on your phone when...
- Best in Class Integrations - Connects with Alexa, Google Assistant, Nest Cameras, Nest Protect, Philips Hue, Yale Locks,...
- No Contracts, No Hidden Fees, Cancel Anytime - Monitoring plans start at $9. 99/month with optional 24/7 professional...
This system will make sure that your home security is at your fingertips! You can connect it to your smartphone and you will receive alerts every time motion is detected or when your doors/windows are opened. It can be integrated with Google Assistant and Alexa for voice commands. It can also be connected to IFTTT using which many smart devices can be connected to carry out automations. It is very easy to install and can be done DIY. Extra sensors and cameras can easily be added as well if you want to expand your home security. All operations can be done via the Scout app on your phone. A subscription fee is to be paid for this security system.
F. Fire and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Besides intruders and suspicious activity around your home, your security system must also be able to monitor and detect dangerous environmental activities such as fires. You must also install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors that can detect fires or poisonous gas leakage. Make sure that these are connected to your mobile device so that you can immediately take action or inform your neighbors or the local police to do something about it. Thanks to today’s technology, there are devices that are able to track down the location of the fire, thus making your job much easier.
1. Nest Protect Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Alarm, Battery (2nd gen)
- Sends alerts to your phone in case you aren't home
- Split-spectrum sensor detects fast and slow burning fires
- Can be easily and immediately silenced from your phone
This is the most convenient device to use if you’re away from home often. It can be connected to your phone and sends immediate alerts if it detects anything out of the ordinary. If a fire occurs, it also has the ability to track down the location and cause of the fire. Its split-spectrum sensor can detect slow and fast fires. It will ensure the safety of your home and is perfect if you have pets or very young children at home.
G. Smart Security Lights
Homes that are well-lit are generally avoided by burglars and intruders. This is because a well-lit home gives outsiders the impression that there are people inside. Smart lights will be of good use as they can be controlled from your smartphone or a similar mobile device. This way, you can make sure your home is well-lit even when you’re away, thereby reducing the chances of it being a target for burglars or intruders. Have these lights installed both indoors and outdoors, and especially at strategic location that are prone to break-ins such as windows, doors, and garages.
1. Philips Hue White A19 4-Pack 60W Equivalent Dimmable LED Smart Bulbs
- VOICE ACTIVATED: The Philips Hue White Starter Kit works with Alexa for voice control (smart hub required, Alexa device...
- LIMITLESS POSSIBILITIES: Add additional Smart light points to your smart home and expand your Philips Hue ecosystem with...
- TAKE CONTROL: Turn smart lights on/off, dim to the desired level and set up schedules from wherever you have WiFi...
This set of smart lights work with Alexa for voice control (Smart hub required, which is sold separately). You can turn the lights on and off, dim them to the desired level, and customize your own on/off schedule using the Philips Hue app available on iOS and Android. You can control your lights using Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Home Kit. These lights are extremely easy to install. They can also be connected to other smart home devices like Nest, Amazon EchoPlus and Smart Home Devices.
2. LIFX (A19) Wi-Fi Smart LED Light Bulb
- Works with Amazon Alexa to support dimming, shades of white, and color settings through voice control (Alexa device sold...
- 16 million colors and warm to cool whites. LED life-span - 22.8 years (based on 3hrs/day)
- Easy to set up, built in wifi - no hub required
This works with Amazon Alexa through voice control to support dimming, shades of white, and color settings of the lights. It is easy to set up and has built-in Wi-Fi, therefore no separate hub is required. Its brightness is equivalent to a 75-watt bulb, and the LED has a lifespan of 22.8 years. It is compatible with Alexa, Apple Home Kit, and Google Assistant.
H. Virtual Assistant
Virtual, voice-controlled assistants such as Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa, and Google Assistant make life easier. All smart devices can be controlled by these using simple, spoken commands. Purchasing and installing a good virtual assistant is the first step in making your home a smart home.
1. Echo (2nd Generation) – Smart speaker with Alexa – Sandstone Fabric
- Meet Echo - Our flagship smart speaker that connects to Alexa to play music, set alarms and timers, answer questions,...
- Enjoy room-filling sound - Enjoy crisp vocals and dynamic bass response with Dolby processing.
- Voice control your music - Stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others.
Echo is compatible with Alexa. It can be used to play music, set alarms, and control all smart home devices. Its powerful speakers and Dolby technology ensure a clear dynamic response. It can also be used to make calls, turn on lights, adjust thermostats and lock your doors. Alexa is always getting smarter and new skills and commands can continuously be added.
Thanks to technology, life has become much easier. Many smart home devices can be controlled from your smartphone and even using voice commands. It is also a more efficient and safer way of living as you can always keep an eye on your home and keep track of everything going on, even when you’re away! Using your IFTTT and virtual assistant (Echo, Google Home), you will be able to connect any set of smart devices. If the automation required isn’t already available, chances are that you can make an IFTTT recipe for it to work. We hope that our recommendations have given you a sufficient idea of IFTTT devices and how they work!