Sunglasses cameras have come a long way and there are some quality cameras to choose from. But which to buy? Well, to help you with your search we did thorough research to create a list of seven best hidden camera glasses. Though all cameras have their own unique features, our favorite is Oho Sunshine as it works for even tough conditions and has all the necessary features.
Best Hidden Camera Glasses
|OhO sunshine||Yes||1080p||400 mAH||Check Price|
|Kamre||No||1080p||450 mAh||Check Price|
|Miota||No||1080p||500 mAH||Check Price|
|iVUE Rincon||Yes||1080p||480 mAh||Check Price|
|Bear Grylls||Yes||1080p||NA||Check Price|
|OHO||Yes||4K||400 mAh||Check Price|
|Wiseup||No||1080p||300 mAh||Check Price|
1. OhO sunshine Waterproof Video Sunglasses – Best Outdoor Hidden Camera Glasses
- WATERPROOF FEATURE: OHO Video Recording Camera Sunglasses is the World First IP66 Level Water Protection...
- IMPACT RESISTANT LENSES AND FRAME: US Safety Lens Standard ANSI/ISEA Z87.1-2015 Impact Resistant for Eye and Face...
- ONE TOUCH BUTTON OPERATION: One Button Recording with Audio,Simply to Turn on,Turn off and Capture Photo. Sunglases is...
Have you ever heard about a waterproof hidden camera? Probably not! But OhO sunshine offers the world’s first IP66 waterproof camera glasses. Your sunglasses camera being waterproof gives opens up new opportunities to use the hidden camera. Now you can use them in rain, or while enjoying water sports. As a camera, it has many things right. It has full HD video resolution, inbuilt battery, one-button recording, and rechargeable battery.
Hardware configuration is basic but it is good when you compare it with other sunglasses cameras. With a full charge, we were able to capture 60 minutes of videos at full HD resolution. It has an inbuilt memory of 32 GB. since there is no SD card you will have to connect the unit via USB cable to a computer to access the videos and images. As far as the construction of the unit is concerned, nothing beats its waterproof design. We even submerged it underwater and capture a few videos.
There is no other sunglasses camera that is waterproof. If you know you will have to use the camera in wet weather, we recommend you to buy the OhO sunshine Waterproof Video Sunglasses. Also this can be used as safety glasses with hidden camera.
2. KAMRE Sunglasses Camera – Hidden Camera Glasses With Audio
- STYLISH SUNGLASSES CAMERA: Not only does it look fashion and protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, but also it can...
- FULL HD 1080P: Record video at 1920*1080 resolutions with 65 degree wide angle. Support Max 32GB Micro sd card (Not...
- ONE-KEY OPERATION: Simplicity camera with only one button control. Automatic video recording after camera is turned on....
Another action sunglasses camera that competes with OhO sunshine. Except for being waterproof, it has all the basic necessities covered. It uses a 1080p full HD camera, wide-angle, audio recording, rechargeable battery, and UV protection. The design of the sunglasses is more suited for outdoor activities rather than use in office or meetings. We believe it is one of the best action camera glasses with audio recording.
Operating the camera is very easy. If the automatic video recording is on you can activate the camera with just one button. Also so to see if the camera is recording there is a small light indicator. As for the storage it uses a micro SD card of maximum capacity 32GB but it is not included in the package. in order to review the footage, you will have to connect the SD card to a computer. And it uses a rechargeable lithium battery with a capacity of 450 mAh. With a single charge, you can record up to 1.5 hours of footage continuously.
If you are looking for action sunglass cameras that can record video as well as audio then you must go for Kamre sunglasses. it is probably the best hidden camera glasses with audio recording.
3. Miota Mini Video Glasses Wearable Camera – Hidden Camera Glasses For Office
- APPLICATION SCENARIO: Camera Glasses with 65 degree view angle.For outdoor activities,the wonderful moments (like...
- HD 1080P CAMERA: With a perfect combination of HD camera and lenses,30 FPS recording speed.you can use all of the...
- BATTERY LIFETIME: In full-charged condition,it can be recorded continuously for 60-80 minutes by 32GB Micro SD card.When...
You need different kinds of glasses when you are in an office environment. it has to give you some kind of a professional look. Miota Mini Video Glasses Wearable Camera is a perfect example of such a glasses camera. As a camera, it captures full HD videos and images and stores it over a micro SD card.
The weight of the glasses is only 5 ounces which is very light compared to other similar sunglasses cameras. You can wear all day and record videos whenever required. It is made of ABS plastic which is a popular material used for such day to day use glasses. For storing the content the camera uses a micro SD card with a limit of 32GB. As there is no feature of loop recording you will have to make sure the SD card is empty before recording. As far as the battery is concerned it uses 500 mAh lithium polymer battery. with a single charge you can record up to 60 minutes of footage.
If you are looking for a hidden class camera that can be used in an office environment, Miota mini glass camera could be a great option. It is also one of the lightest sunglasses with a camera.
4. iVUE Rincon 1080P HD Camera Glasses – Camera Glasses with Sony CMOS Sensor
- ✔ 1080P @ 30FPS / 720P @ 60FPS - Record professional quality HD video; perfect point of view shots in clear HD. More...
- ✔ TILT-ABLE CAMERA LENS - The lens tilts 12° up or 10° down to capture the perfect shot. DUAL AAC2 STEREO...
- ✔ WIFI / APP CONTROL - Wirelessly connect to an iOS/Android device. View, record, or take photos. Transfer...
Most of the camera glasses that we have tested use simple cameras without any processor but iVUE uses a Sony CMOS sensor to improve the quality of the images and videos it captures. This eradicates one major problem that camera glasses have which is the poor quality of images and videos under low light conditions. In addition to the sensor, the camera also has Wi-Fi connectivity, vibration notification, different photo modes, and companion app.
There is a lot more to the camera if you use the app to control it. You can even change the exposure and resolution setting from the app for the best quality videos. As far as the hardware is concerned, it uses a micro SD card for storage and the battery capacity is 480 mAh. We were able to operate the camera for 1.5 hours with a full charge.
If you are looking for a camera that can give good results in low light conditions, you need something with detected hardware like Sony CMOS. The iVUE Rincon offers you exactly and a few other features like Wi-Fi which many camera glasses lack.
5. Bear Grylls Waterproof Action Camera Glasses – Best Action Camera Glasses
- FILM FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW - Capture professional quality 1080p video at 30fps and take still images from your own...
- HANDS-FREE/MOUNT-FREE - This product is unique in that it’s both your eyewear and HD camera. No complicated mounts or...
- INSTANT-ON RECORDING – The video eyewear’s one-touch record button will instantly capture that epic moment while you...
Have you heard about adventure junkie Bear Grylls? Who hasn’t! He is practically the face of the action in the wild. Due to his popularity, he has created his own brand under which you get cool things related to adventure. Out of many, Bear Grylls Waterproof Action Camera Glasses is also the one. Due to such a big brand associated with the product, you do expect a quality product. The sunglasses camera doesn’t disappoint you.
As sunglasses, they score 100 out of 100 but we were a little disappointed by the camera. It does have the full HD 1080p resolution camera but that’s it. You don’t have any dedicated chip to improve the images. We observed that under low light the images and videos are too dark. You can not make out the details.
If you are specifically looking for hidden camera glasses to shoot some action, these Bear Grylls glasses are very good. But the camera is simple. There are not features of any best spy glasses.
6. OHO 4K Ultra HD Water Resistance Video Sunglasses – 4K Hidden Camera Glasses
- WATER RESISTANCE FEATURE: OHO Video Recording Camera Sunglasses is the World First IP33 Level Water Protection...
- 4K ULTRA HD VIDEO RECORDING: Amazing 4K Resolution Video with Audio, and Crisp Photo, TR90 Flexiable Material Very...
- IMPACT RESISTANT LENSES AND FRAME: US Safety Lens Standard ANSI/ISEA Z87.1-2015 Impact Resistant for Eye and Face...
Most of the cameras we have mentioned use 1080p resolution but what if you want even higher resolution? The answer is OHO 4K Ultra HD Water Resistance Video Sunglasses. It captures videos at 4K resolution which is rare for a sunglasses camera. Moreover, it also records audio. Overall, it is a very good package as a spy camera.
The camera stores the videos in MOV H264 format which takes up less space compared to formats like AVI or MOV. For storage, it has an internal memory of 32 GB. There is no clear number on the capacity of the battery but with a single charge, you can record 60 minutes of footage.
If you have shoot videos with a high resolution like 4K, Oho is the best choice. There is hardly any other sunglasses camera that has such high resolution.
7. WISEUP 16GB 1920x1080P Wearable Hidden Camera Glasses – Pinhole Camera Glasses
- 【Glasses Camera】This is a spy glasses with video recording function, which supports 1920X1080P 30fps real-time video...
- 【3.7mm Pinhole Lens】The built-in 3.7mm pinhole lens is located at the hinge of this camera glasses, which is very...
- 【Video Storage】 This camera eyewear uses the built-in micro SD card to save video files, and supports 32GB micro...
There are a lot of sporty looking sunglasses camera but very are designed for office or more formal environment. The Wiseup hidden camera glasses are one of the few. It has a design that you can say it resembles frameless glasses. As a camera, it records Full HD videos at 1080p resolution.
As far as the storage is concerned, it uses a micro SD card and the maximum size it supports is 64 GB. It uses a 300 mAh battery which gives you an operating time of one hour. The frameless design does look good but the arms are too big for our liking.
We recommend the glasses only if you are looking for formal glasses that can be used in an office environment.
Buyer’s Guide – What To Consider While Buying Best Hidden Camera Glasses?
Camera glasses are one type of wearable spy cameras. The way you use it is a little different than other cameras because the camera is literally on your nose. Hence, you need to keep few things in mind while buying the best camera glasses. Here is the comprehensive list:
Like any other camera, the resolution is the most important factor. The clarity of the videos and images depends on it. Anything greater than 720p gives clear images and videos. However, the most recommended resolution is 1080p. Most of the best spy camera glasses on our list have 1080p resolution. You can buy any of them. However you want even higher resolution, you can go for something like Oho 4k Ultra. It has 4k resolution but allows you to capture pictures in lower resolutions too.
2. Frame Rate
Frame rate is crucial for the quality is the video. It is the rate is frames per second. Higher the frame rate smoother is the video. The smoothness of the videos is crucial when you are looking to gather evidence. Small details won’t be lost in snappy frames. Currently, 60 fps is the highest frame rate for camera glasses. However, 30 fps is more than enough.
3. Viewing Angle
In simple terms viewing angle is the area the camera can see. For best results, it is said that more than 65 degrees are a must. However, cameras that have wide lens can open the block. The camera can capture a much wider area from the same spot compared to a simple lens. For professional spy glasses, viewing angle is narrow because they generally use pinhole cameras to make the camera lens less visible. Hence you will see that very few of the the camera glasses have a wide lens. We try to find a few but we didn’t even find one during our research.
4. One Button Shooting
Since sunglasses camera would be used mostly shooting actions you would want a camera that is able to shoot with just one click of a button. Just imagine trying to start your glasses camera while riding a bicycle. If it requires pushing a few buttons then probably you will miss out on the moment. most of the cameras that we have mentioned has a simple one button record option. Click it once to turn on the camera and click it again to turn off the camera.
Compared to any other spy cameras hidden glass cameras will be used mostly for outdoor activities. You want the camera to work even in rainy or dusty conditions. Fortunately most of the glasses cameras today are certified waterproof. You can even use it for water sports. One of the best examples of the waterproof hidden camera glasses is a Oho Sunshine . It is IP66 waterproof.
6. UV Protection
The main purpose of the camera glasses maybe to record video or snap images but you also wanted to be a proper outdoor sunglass that protects your eyes. Especially when you are looking for a camera for outdoor activities it must have UV protection. The layer of UV protection helps protect your eyes against the harmful ultraviolet rays. Fortunately, most of the manufacturers have made this feature a necessity for camera glasses. If you are looking for a camera glass that has a quality UV protection then you can go for Oho Sunshine.
The running time of a camera always depends on the power source of it. For camera glasses it is always a rechargeable battery. For this type of camera, we have found that the average battery capacity is around 400 mAh. Miota has the highest battery capacity on a list which is around 500 mAh.
For camera glasses, there are two types of memory: SD card and internal memory. compared to SD cards we found very few cameras that use internal memory. The Oho 4k Ultra is one of them that uses internal memory. Personally, we prefer to have an SD card as the primary memory for this type of camera. The advantage of having an SD card is that they are removable and once full you can replace it with a new one immediately. This is very useful when you are in the middle of an outdoor activity.
In our post, we have tried to accommodate all kinds of hidden camera glasses. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages. Buying the right camera will depend on your requirement and how much you are willing to spend on it. We advise you to always check out the manufacturer’s website to get more ideas about the product, warranty, and customer service.