Today even cooking is not a problem anymore with the new technologies coming up like the Sous vide cooking that has made it an automatic and easy task. There are a lot of smart cooking devices in the market. One of them is the new immersion circulators that help the chefs cook food easily in vacuum-sealed bags. Two of the best immersion circulators today are Anova Bluetooth + Wi-Fi and Nomiku. We tested both the products for 10 days consistently and then found out several differences and some similarities between the two. Our comparative analysis would help you decide the best one between them for your kitchen.
Anova Vs. Nomiku- Comparison Chart
|Control Type||Manual Control Anova App||Manual Control Nomiku App|
|App||iOS 9.0 or later for Wi-Fi, Android 4.3 and later||iOS, Android, Windows, Chrome|
|Amazon Alexa, Google Home||Yes||No|
|Height||14.75 inches||12 inches|
|Type of Clip||Adjustable Ring Clip||Front-facing clip|
|Display||LCD Display LED back-lit scroll wheel||LCD Touch Screen Selection Knob|
|Maximum Fill||6.25 inches||5.5 inches|
|Minimum FIll||2.75 inches||1.5 inches|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Anova Vs. Nomiku- Differences
1. Heat Power
In terms of heat power, Nomiku is a better product. Nomiku has more power and that is why its pre-heating process is faster as compared to Anova. The power of Nomiku is 1100 Watts while Anova is 900 Watts. While heating any food, Nomiku will take a shorter time than Anova.
2. Plug Configuration
Nomiku can only be switched to the U.S plug which is not a big issue for Americans. The outsiders need to order the product beforehand to prevent any tension later. Anova, on the other hand, has a wider variety of compatibility with its plug compatibility with the U.S, U.K, Korea, EU, and AU.
If we talk about connection, Anova wins as it offers compatibility with both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection. Nomiku, on the other hand, can only work on a Wi-Fi connection.
Although it is not that of a big deal because everyone has a Wi-Fi connection in their home in case if your Wi-Fi goes down, Bluetooth can turn to be a savior. So, this is where Anova gets an edge.
When you attach a smart cooking system to your smart home controllers or voice assistants, it adds more convenience to your cooking. Anova offers support for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Unfortunately, Nomiku does not support any of these voice assistants which can be its major drawback.
In the end, what matters is the things you find more convenient. If you find voice assistants to be important for your cooking system then Anova is the best product for you and if power and speed are more important to you then Nomiku should be your preference.
5. Detachable Cord
If your circulator has a detachable power cord then its maintenance and cleaning become easier. Cleaning your device from time to time is very important and therefore, it is a very important feature. Anova has a detachable cord while Nomiku does not. Anova does have an upper hand in this very important feature.
Anova Vs. Nomiku- Similarities
1. Manual Control
Both Anova and Nomiku offer manual control. You can easily operate the devices from their model itself and you do not have to rely on their apps to use the. This feature gives you more freedom and eases to use your product.
2. App Control
Both devices have remote control features via their apps. They both have their respective apps that you can easily download in both Android and iOS devices. Nomiku has a Tender app while Anova has Anova app.
3. Auto Shut-Off
The auto shut off feature lets your device work automatically and the device stops on time as soon as it finishes its task. You do not have to shut-off the device yourself and it will shut-off on its own without your command. This feature is what makes your cooking more automatic and thus tension-free. Both the devices have the auto shut off feature.
Features And Technical Specifications Of Anova
- ANOVA PRECISION COOKER WI-FI - Perfect to cook from anywhere with WI-FI. Serves up to 12. Fits on any pot. Adjustable...
- COOK LIKE A PRO - The Anova Precision Cooker allows anyone to cook a restaurant-quality meal at home. Our sous vide...
- PERFECT RESULTS, EVERY TIME - Precision Cooking enables you to produce results that are impossible to achieve through...
- Bluetooth 4.0 available
- It works on 900 Watts
- It is 12.8 cm tall
- It does provide the Anova app control
- Maximum cook size it supports is 5 Gal/ 20 L
- It has temperature controls and manual time facility
- It has high fidelity speaker tones
- Its weight is 2.5 lbs
- It is available on both Android and iOS
- Temperature range it supports is 32 degrees F to 210 degrees F
- Its cook time is up to 99 hours
- Design-The Anova has a unique design. It offers a digital display screen where the goal temperature, current temperature and the time left to get to the required temperature is mentioned. It has a circulator that can be operated manually or via the app. It has a sturdy clamp with which it attaches to the pot. It can be attached to any container of any size.
Features And Technical Specifications Of Nomiku
- NOMIKU WIFI SOUS VIDE Immersion Circulator is the first wifi-connected sous vide device that lets you create and send...
- EASY, DELICIOUS, AND NUTRITIOUS. Attach the Nomiku to any pot, add water, place your ingredients in a zip-seal bag or...
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE with the EatTender App for your smart phone. EatTender is the largest sous vide community on earth...
- Its top-rack is dishwater safe
- It has a front-facing clip
- It has a 2.4″ LCD screen
- It has a Tender app control
- It can easily sync with your Wi-Fi connection to work remotely
- Its weight is 4.8 lbs
- Its temperature accuracy is 0.2 degrees C
- Its temperature stability is 0.01 degrees C
- Its height is 12.0″
- Provides WPA2 Wi-Fi network security
- It keeps providing you air updates once you sign-in on the app
- Design-The Nomiku has a 2.4″ LCD screen. Its LCD screen has two buttons-one is the menu button that lets you select one option and the second is the action button. It is also known to be more aesthetically attractive with its trademark fluorescent green color adding beauty to the product. It has a front-facing clip to attach to the pot. Its clip is not turn-free like Anova has but it remains intact to the pot all through the time. It can also be attached easily to any size container.
1. If my Wi-Fi is not working properly, can I still use both the products or not?
Both devices have the manual control options and therefore you can easily use them when your Wi-Fi connection goes down. You just need to be present at the spot at the time of cooking to manually control it and then you are good to go.
2. Can we cook a large quantity of food in one go in the Nomiku circulator? Is there any limit because of the bag?
Nomiku devices can cook a large quantity of food at once. It has a large holding capacity. This device has a maximum limit of 10 gallons of water which is enough to cook a large quantity of food. No, it is not limited to one bag alone.
3. Will Nomiku circulator boil water?
We are a bit unsure of whether it can boil water because water boils at around 212 degrees at sea level while the maximum temperature on which it can boil is 203 degrees F.
4. Does the Anova device make any sound while it is on?
When you switch on your Anova device, it does not make any sound when it is working which is a great relief. It can make your cooking more peaceful and quiet.
5. If my power cuts off in the middle of the cooking, will my Anova device remember its last data once it is attached to power again?
In case if your power shuts off in the middle of your healing process, your Anova device will lose all its previous information and you will have to reset the commands again when your power comes back. Your previous information would not be restored in the device and you will have to remember the required temperature and the current temperature that your pot had acquired.
We hope that after going through this post you have a clear mind of what you want to get for your kitchen. Do not wait longer and get home your favorite immersion circulator to make your cooking easier and quicker.