Today Sous vide cooking is the easiest and the most convenient way to cook. With the advent in technology, there are lot of smart cooking devices in the market. Out of them, the most popular is the new immersion circulators. With this, the chefs can cook food easily in vacuum-sealed bags. Two of the best immersion circulators today are Anova Bluetooth + Wi-Fi and Nomiku.
We tested both these amazing tech cooking options for 10 days consistently to find out the best one. Let’s go through the major difference and features of the product to get an idea about what would suit you the best.
Anova Vs. Nomiku- Comparison Chart
|Control Type||Manual Control Anova App||Manual Control Nomiku App|
|App||iOS 9.0 or later for Wi-Fi, Android 4.3 and later||iOS, Android, Windows, Chrome|
|Amazon Alexa, Google Home||Yes||No|
|Height||14.75 inches||12 inches|
|Type of Clip||Adjustable Ring Clip||Front-facing clip|
|Display||LCD Display LED back-lit scroll wheel||LCD Touch Screen Selection Knob|
|Maximum Fill||6.25 inches||5.5 inches|
|Minimum FIll||2.75 inches||1.5 inches|
|Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Anova Vs. Nomiku- Differences
1. Heat Power
In terms of heat power, Nomiku is a better product. Nomiku has more power and that is why its pre-heating process is faster as compared to Anova. The power of Nomiku is 1100 Watts while Anova is 900 Watts. While heating any food, Nomiku will take a shorter time than Anova.
2. Plug Configuration
Nomiku can only be switched to the U.S plug which is not a big issue for Americans. The outsiders need to order a compatible plug model beforehand to prevent any tension later. Anova, on the other hand, has a wider variety of compatibility with its plug compatibility with the U.S, U.K, Korea, EU, and AU.
If we talk about connection, Anova wins as it offers compatibility with both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection. Nomiku, on the other hand, can only work on a Wi-Fi connection.
Although it is not that of a big deal because everyone has a Wi-Fi connection in their home in case if your Wi-Fi goes down, Bluetooth can turn to be a savior. So, this is where Anova gets an edge.
When you attach a smart cooking system to your smart home controllers or voice assistants, it adds more convenience to your cooking. Anova offers support for Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Unfortunately, Nomiku does not support any of these voice assistants which can be its major drawback.
In the end, what matters is the things you find more convenient. If you find voice assistants to be important for your cooking system then Anova is the best product for you and if power and speed are more important to you then Nomiku should be your preference.
5. Detachable Cord
If your circulator has a detachable power cord then its maintenance and cleaning become easier. Cleaning your device from time to time is very important and therefore, it is a very important feature. Anova has a detachable cord while Nomiku does not. Anova does have an upper hand in this very important feature.
Anova and Nomiku both vary considerably in their designs while they both are clip to the pot devices.
Anova has a digital display to control temperature and remaining cooking time. You can control it both manually or through your phone. Further, it comes with a versatile clip to clip it to any container with sufficient depth.
While in Nomiku, there is a unique front-facing to hold it in the pot of at leas six inches height. Further, it has LCD screen with two buttons one for menu options and the other for the action button to select the options. To give the device an aesthetic look, there is a green fluorescent trademark.
Anova Vs. Nomiku- Similarities
1. Manual Control
Both Anova and Nomiku offer manual control. You can easily operate the devices from their model itself and you do not have to rely on the apps everytime. This feature gives you more freedom and eases to use the product.
2. App Control
Both devices have remote control features via their apps. They both have their respective apps that you can easily download in both Android and iOS devices. Nomiku has a Tender app while Anova has Anova app.
3. Auto Shut-Off
The auto shut off feature lets your device to automatically stop on time as soon the cooking task is done. You do not have to shut-off the device yourself or either give a command. This feature not only make cooking more automatic but tension-free too. Both the devices have the auto shut off feature.
Features And Technical Specifications Of Anova
- Anova precision cooker Wi-Fi - perfect to cook from anywhere with Wi-Fi. Serves up to 12. Fits on any pot. Adjustable...
- Cook like a Pro - the Enova precision cooker allows anyone to cook a restaurant-quality meal at home. Our sous vide...
- Perfect results, every time - Precision cooking enables you to produce results that are impossible to achieve through...
- Bluetooth 4.0 available
- Works on 900 Watts
- It is 12.8 cm tall
- Anova app control
- Maximum cook size it supports is 5 Gal/ 20 L
- Has temperature controls and manual time facility
- Has high fidelity speaker tones
- Weight is 2.5 lbs
- It is available on both Android and iOS
- Temperature range it supports is 32 degrees F to 210 degrees F
- Its cook time is up to 99 hours
- Design-The Anova has a unique design. It offers a digital display screen where the goal temperature, current temperature and the time left to get to the required temperature is mentioned. It has a circulator that can be operated manually or via the app. It has a sturdy clamp with which it attaches to the pot. It can be attached to any container of any size.
Features And Technical Specifications Of Nomiku
- NOMIKU WIFI SOUS VIDE Immersion Circulator is the first wifi-connected sous vide device that lets you create and send...
- EASY, DELICIOUS, AND NUTRITIOUS. Attach the Nomiku to any pot, add water, place your ingredients in a zip-seal bag or...
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE with the EatTender App for your smart phone. EatTender is the largest sous vide community on earth...
- Its top-rack is dishwater safe
- Has a front-facing clip
- Has a 2.4″ LCD screen
- Tender app control
- It can easily sync with your Wi-Fi connection to work remotely
- Weight is 4.8 lbs
- Temperature accuracy is 0.2 degrees C
- Temperature stability is 0.01 degrees C
- Height is 12.0″
- Provides WPA2 Wi-Fi network security
- It keeps providing you air updates once you sign-in on the app
- Design-The Nomiku has a 2.4″ LCD screen. Its LCD screen has two buttons-one is the menu button that lets you select one option and the second is the action button. It is also known to be more aesthetically attractive with its trademark fluorescent green color adding beauty to the product. It has a front-facing clip to attach to the pot. Its clip is not turn-free like Anova has but it remains intact to the pot all through the time. It can also be attached easily to any size container.
Both devices have the manual control options and therefore you can easily use them when your Wi-Fi connection goes down. You just need to be present at the time of cooking for manual control.
Nomiku devices can cook a large quantity of food at once. It has a large holding capacity. This device has a maximum limit of 10 gallons of water which is enough to cook a large quantity of food. No, it is not limited to one bag alone.
We are a bit unsure of whether it can boil water because water boils at around 212 degrees at sea level while the maximum temperature on which it can boil is 203 degrees F.
When you switch on your Anova device, it does not make any sound when it is working which is a great relief. It can make your cooking more peaceful and quiet.
In case if your power shuts off in the middle of your cooking process, your Anova device will lose all its previous information and you will have to reset the commands again when your power comes back. Your previous information would not be restored in the device and you will have to remember the required temperature and the current temperature that your pot had acquired.
We hope that after going through this post you have a clear mind of what you want to get for your kitchen. While both immersion ciruclators have their own pros and cons but both are a saviour went it comes to automatic fast cooking. Beleive us, buying any of it woul make your cooking easier convenient, and quicker.